• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Frozen Gameplay From Kingdom Hearts III Shown Off at Tokyo Game Show

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

During the PlayStation Presents live show at Tokyo Game Show, Kingdom Hearts III Co-Director Tai Yasue brought a very special Frozen demo to share with the world for the first time.

The demo begins with Sora, Donald, and Goofy sledding down a mountain in Arendelle, the world based on Disney's Frozen. Fans may see familiarity in this as it is reminiscent of Tarzan's Jungle Slider and the Honey Slider mini-game from previous Kingdom Hearts titles. It then transitions into some gameplay where Sora takes down some Frozen inspired Heartless!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Hirokey123

Awards
Re: Live Frozen Gameplay From Kingdom Hearts III Shown Off at Tokyo Game Show

Huh just noticed that air combo is different from the one we've seen in every trailer and demo, glad that means we have hard proof of combo modifiers finally.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

PLEASE EXCUSE THE SHIT QUALITY

Meow Wow

Awards

Although the air combos themselves are still a little floaty, omg they're so much faster than what we've seen. I love that so much. Thanks for uploading the video. ^v^

Twilight Lumiair

Awards

I'm still a little disappointed that Marshmallow's the party member of the world (and a limited time one from the looks of it), but this is still one of my favorite worlds that they've revealed so far. Goofy Curling, oh wait no it's "Trinity Sled" now, in particular looks pretty fun; it sort of reminds me of that one sliding mini game from Deep Jungle in KH1.
Edit: Also something about the snow, and snow enemies, is just visually pleasing. Have we ever gotten something resembling a snow world in previous games? Maybe that's why.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Seems like it's stuck on 360p so when they archive the stream I'll upload a higher quality video. But for now I hope y'all can enjoy the Frozen gameplay!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

There’s gonna be another stream at 3pm JST featuring Yasue with V Jump. Here’s the link to the stream: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AcsJ6xsic

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

There’s gonna be another stream at 3pm JST featuring Yasue with V Jump. Here’s the link to the stream: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AcsJ6xsic
Yes, but that doesn't really promise much of anything new. Most likely will be a re-tread of Olympus and Toy Box demos, unfortunately.

Xelruna

Haha, I love the Trinity Sled. I'm glad Goofy and Donald get to be a part of that fun too; Sora usually solo'd scenes like that. Everything seems more dynamic than ever before; I can't wait to get into the fray! Thanks for uploading the video~

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Yes, but that doesn't really promise much of anything new. Most likely will be a re-tread of Olympus and Toy Box demos, unfortunately.

I didn’t suggest that. Just sharing in case anyone wants to tune in.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I didn’t suggest that. Just sharing in case anyone wants to tune in.
Then why did you quote me lol. Your comment had nothing to do with what I wrote.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Then why did you quote me lol. Your comment had nothing to do with what I wrote.

I didn’t even realize I had quoted you. Must have pressed the wrong button. It’s well past my bedtime, forgive me.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I didn’t even realize I had quoted you. Must have pressed the wrong button. It’s well past my bedtime, forgive me.
Ah okay, glad we got that cleared up! I was very confused aha.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

This is looking to be one of my favorite worlds, so much effort the team put into to create the environment of Arendelle, the Goofy Curling and creating the Unique designs of the Heartless (e.g. Ice Dragon, Ice Wolf).

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Party member finishers is an amazing idea AS LONG AS IT ISN'T RANDOM. Crit playthroughs were Goofy jumps in randomly and sends you into an attack you weren't planning on just sounds frustrating, but if there's a specific way you place inputs to make him join you on the finisher, that's amazing, even better if it's free of any MP or gauge costs, because then we'll always have a choice as to what finisher we're using.

I'm sure several of you have noticed that the default finisher is complete crap, with Sora summoning a little burst of light instead of finishing the combo with a hot whammy like he does in the old games.

Wallflower3582

I love how protective Goofy looks while they're sledding lol

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Frozen was my most wanted world for KH3 and I 100% flipped when it got announced, but finally seeing some extended uncut gameplay is just fantastic. This looks like so much fun!!!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
As promised, the video has been upgraded from 360p to 1080p (once it finishes uploading and processing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back