• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts III Scheduled for Square Enix Presents Stage Show at TGS 2018!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix Presents will be hosting a very special stage show at the Tokyo Game Show later this month. Kingdom Hearts III is scheduled to make an appearance alongside Dragon Quest XFinal Fantasy XIV, and other notable Square Enix Titles.

The show will be streamed to audiences on Nico Nico and YouTube on both the 22nd of September and the 23rd of September.

September 22- Nico Nico, YouTube

September 23 - Nico Nico, YouTube

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Like, it seems exciting when you first look at it, but then you remember that Japan hasn't played the demo yet and the information that has been accessible to us and restated during every English live stream has yet to be said by a Japanese spokesperson for Square Enix to a Japanese audience.

Fingers crossed for some San Fransokyo gameplay though!

Awards
Oh! Hopefully we get the title screen artwork as well.

I’m really hoping it won’t be like 0.2’s where it’s an animated in-game model, or just the cover art like the past games have been. It better be the traditional barefoot-Sora-on-the-beach art!!!

kingsoraful

Awards
Definitely expect 2 trailers at the event. But dang the time difference is gonna kill me. At least now we know it's for sure the 22/23 of September.

Or for me the 21st and 22nd.

Like, it seems exciting when you first look at it, but then you remember that Japan hasn't played the demo yet and the information that has been accessible to us and restated during every English live stream has yet to be said by a Japanese spokesperson for Square Enix to a Japanese audience.

If it's being livestreamed for the wolrd, they're gonna show new footage and trailers.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If it's being livestreamed for the wolrd, they're gonna show new footage and trailers.
No it doesn't. They just livestreamed KHIII from PAX West for the world and it didn't have new footage and trailers.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying the possibility of getting new stuff doesn't exist, I fully expect we will get new stuff, but Japanese audiences haven't had an event yet to get the information we have gotten first hand from events for months now. I fully expect that information to be delivered to the audiences, which means they might showcase the usual Olympus and Toy Box videos during the show.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd prefer if we just get one extended and/or coherent trailer like the good old days. E3 was messy.

It was? I thought having two trailers for E3 made all of the new content shown work better than having it jammed together in one long one. If they reveal another world alongside BH6 then having a trailer dedicated to each world feels much less cluttered

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
It was? I thought having two trailers for E3 made all of the new content shown work better than having it jammed together in one long one. If they reveal another world alongside BH6 then having a trailer dedicated to each world feels much less cluttered
Cluttered? In the actual game we'll be traveling from world to world with continuous plot threads weaving them together, the trailers ought to reflect that I think.

Also every trailer we've gotten has shown more than one world at a time as it is.

Also it's not like it's normal for KH marketing to showcase every new Disney world one trailer at a time, to my memory (correct me if I'm wrong please) this is the first time anything like that has been done (aside from magazine features, which is a different medium), and it's more due to the development status of the game than anything. Frankly, I feel like it has been stilted and difficult to follow, and having two or three trailers to reference and jump between to try and figure out what's going on feels much more cluttered and unsuitable to generating popular interest than one reliable point of reference.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Phew, it's happening whilst I'm not working. That's such a relief, really do hope that we get two separate trailers!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I definitely see them using one segment to rehash the demo for the Japanese audience (which eagle eyed fans might wanna analyze for physics changes since Japan never got the demo) and then a segment for new tidbits and info like boxart and other stuff.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
In regards to when the boxart will be revealed, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens exactly like how it went down for 2.8 where, after the pre-TGS showcase trailer, the boxart just randomly appears online and Twitter explodes.

Awards
Nomura has stated that there's more than one disney world left to be announced... I keep seeing people saying that it's not impossible for them to just drop a trailer out of nowhere or to be revealed in a magazine but let's be real... All of the Disney World have been announced in major eventes and I think this time around will not be different.

There's not that many events left as well... So I think we will probably get one or two new trailers during this month and one final trailer during Jump Festa.

My bet is that they will reveal San Fransokyo and a new world on this possible tokyo game show trailer :)

I think they will keep doing the world tour with the demo there's New York Comic-Con, Comic Con Experience (Brazil), Paris Game Week, etc

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Nomura has stated that there's more than one disney world left to be announced... I keep seeing people saying that it's not impossible for them to just drop a trailer out of nowhere or to be revealed in a magazine but let's be real... All of the Disney World have been announced in major eventes and I think this time around will not be different.

There's not that many events left as well... So I think we will probably get one or two new trailers during this month and one final trailer during Jump Festa.

My bet is that they will reveal San Fransokyo and a new world on this possible tokyo game show trailer :)

I think they will keep doing the world tour with the demo there's New York Comic-Con, Comic Con Experience (Brazil), Paris Game Week, etc

Other games have had worlds revealed in such ways, but since KH3 is such a big deal, I think Square is intent on making a public scene for each world reveal this time around.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Glad to see KH3 making its debut at its first and ONLY Tokyo Game Show event. In regards to new trailers besides the Big Hero 6 trailer (depending if it will be at the PlayStation LineUp or at TGS) I'm hoping for another new trailer featuring another new world, regardless if its an original or a Disney World.

It would be cool to see a gameplay footage video of San Fransokyo the other Disney worlds through a Direct-feed, but I'm Pretty sure we will the gameplay of San Fransokyo and the other Disney worlds will ONLY be relegated in the trailer(s) as their "bread and butter" for KH3 gameplay in most of the trade game shows when the game is presented is going to be the Olympus Titan battle and the Toy Box gameplay as usual. It is what it is.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
no there is nothing to confirm it wont be at pre-tgs it would be stupid to have it not be at the sony confernce
I agree, 2.8 trailer was revealed at the 2015 PlayStation Lineup tour before they show the same trailer again at TGS. Perhaps the can do the same thing again, although they could save it at the actual TGS event alongside another new trailer, but who's to say.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'd say there's still a fair chance of a trailer pre-TGS. The only thing throwing people off is that this whole "Playstation LineUp" thing is a new event, so people aren't sure what to expect from it. That, and with Square confirming a Presents show for KH3 but obviously mentioning nothing about a trailer at a pre-show, it's making people think maybe it won't be there on Sept 10th. But, I'd say it's definitely not out of the question. PS LineUp definitely seems to be taking the place of the TGS preshow this year, as no separate showcase event has been announced and we're already in September now. And with KH having a history of popping up during the pre-show, I'd definitely say it's worth keeping a lookout for a trailer on the 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back