• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► [English Subs] Chirithy Narrates the History of Kingdom Hearts in Recap Videos

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
[b][PLAIN][English Subs] Chirithy Narrates the History of Kingdom Hearts in Recap Videos[/PLAIN][/b]

In a series of videos, Chirithy from Kingdom Hearts Union X recounts the story of Kingdom Hearts. Square Enix also opened a website for the webseries.

Thanks to Saken and Goldpanner, you can watch the videos with English subtitles. Turn on CC to enable them!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Watch: Chirthy Narrates the History of Kingdom Hearts in Recap Videos

there kind of cute chaser and intresing and short

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

Short and sweet. Not that I understand or anything lol. I'm not sure what to believe from Nomura anymore. He said a few hours long, but we obviously didnt get the joke.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm scratching my head as to why they aren't making these books real and having them at least be a preorder bonus.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

I'm scratching my head as to why they aren't making these books real and having them at least be a preorder bonus.

Now this is a deluxe edition I could get behind of. (Not that I dont have the real one already preordered haha)

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

Chirithy's Japanese voice is so cute

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I wonder if Chirthy will have the same voice in English as Back Cover when the roll translated. Because Kari from Digimon Adventure narrating sounds fun

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Well, so much for the recap being "several hours long". But it's probably for the best that they're shortened like this, unless these are just previews of the actual videos? I couldn't really tell since everything was in Japanese. But, also:

1) I really want these books to be real. I am a sucker for fancy-looking books.

2) They... skipped KH2? How odd. They gave full episodes to KH1, CoM, and Days. And then did one about Riku's journey up until KH2, and then a quick recap of Xehanort's plans along with some BBS stuff. So, no KH2, Coded, DDD, Chi, or 0.2. Huh. I get that they still want people to play the games, but I get the sense that you probably still wouldn't get too much out of these if you were a newcomer or a casual.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Re: Watch: Chirithy Narrates the History of Kingdom Hearts in Recap Videos

I don't believe any lying, did anyone mess up translation, sure they were supposed to be hour each and as Nazo said, missed more of the games including KH2. sure we got that Roxas and Xion are two halves to a whole (what 358/2 Days means an no it's not math problem, don't ask who says that), what happened in Castle Oblivion and Riku's road to dawn, how it began for sora and Xehanort's plan.

Missing a lopt, including that riku and Kairi are now doing thier own things as Sora goes to regain his powers.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I don't believe any lying, did anyone mess up translation, sure they were supposed to be hour each and as Nazo said, missed more of the games including KH2. sure we got that Roxas and Xion are two halves to a whole (what 358/2 Days means an no it's not math problem, don't ask who says that), what happened in Castle Oblivion and Riku's road to dawn, how it began for sora and Xehanort's plan.

Missing a lopt, including that riku and Kairi are now doing thier own things as Sora goes to regain his powers.
I think these are touching upon details that will actually be relevant in Kingdom Hearts 3. KH2 raised questions but most of those were answered in the subsequent game. Meanwhile details like Roxas and Xion will be relevant in KH3, just like the Princesses of Heart (which were shown towards the end of Darkness), as well as Riku's road to redemption and dawn (which again, strongly hints at him being playable).

The only think I wonder about not being included is details from 0.2, but other than that if something wasn't shown then I think it might be safe to assume KH3 won't touch upon those details???

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ

Honestly the book covers look gorgeous and awesome and I really wish this was something that could be included in preorder and if not that, maybe just be a merchandise or something because the design is just wow! ;w; I even thought they were actual books you get to preorder at first since I saw pictures until I read more into it though! xD

Chirithy's Japanese voice is so adorable! It's too bad I can't understand Japanese but I enjoy watching it mostly because of how cute her voice is! Also I can't wait to watch this in English since I love Lara Jill Miller's voice as Chirithy as well!

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I think these are touching upon details that will actually be relevant in Kingdom Hearts 3. KH2 raised questions but most of those were answered in the subsequent game. Meanwhile details like Roxas and Xion will be relevant in KH3, just like the Princesses of Heart (which were shown towards the end of Darkness), as well as Riku's road to redemption and dawn (which again, strongly hints at him being playable).

The only think I wonder about not being included is details from 0.2, but other than that if something wasn't shown then I think it might be safe to assume KH3 won't touch upon those details???

Hpefull these key (no pun intended) info helps.

if not, welp we tried, even when it's not all the info from all the games

Hirokey123

Awards

It's weird KH2, Coded, and Chi were skipped over but that makes me think whatever transpires in them either is not going to be super important to KH3's plot, the parts that are important were already covered in the other books like Xemnas's defeat was, OR they already have the other important stuff summed up during KH3 and this just covers all the stuff we won't really hear too much about in KH3. Like we aren't getting any coverage on the black box because KH3 will probably explain that little thing in-game.

Xion as much as I love her felt like she got a disproportionate amount of time along with Roxas which when added in with "Roxas is KH3's biggest secret" makes me think Xion and Roxas probably have a notable role to play. Like seriously BBS crew had to share their story as a small piece of MX's throughout the ages. Really the Days crew as a whole seemed to just feel more prevalent in this recap which is both touching and also kinda...a question mark?

Also I want these books IRL so freaking bad.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's weird KH2, Coded, and Chi were skipped over but that makes me think whatever transpires in them either is not going to be super important to KH3's plot, the parts that are important were already covered in the other books like Xemnas's defeat was, OR they already have the other important stuff summed up during KH3 and this just covers all the stuff we won't really hear too much about in KH3.
I think Chi was skipped over because right now it's impossible to recount the important elements since the story is still ongoing (even if it's been at a standstill for almost a year) and any details necessary will be explained in the game because I think Square will assume everyone going into 3 won't know the story.

It's the worst one to try and keep up with because it's nothing but breadcrumbs every few months and no one knows what is actually important, especially since they threw out the entire plot of the game after the Foretellers carked it and they restarted the plot.

Hirokey123

Awards

That's a fair point still feels weird that 0.2, KH2, and Coded didn't get much...I at least expected Coded to get a bit of a showing.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

That's a fair point still feels weird that 0.2, KH2, and Coded didn't get much...I at least expected Coded to get a bit of a showing.
Like I said earlier, KH2's plot is pretty much done. The questions raised have been pretty much answered and KH3 is a sequel to the games that have come out since then. It makes a lot more sense for the videos to focus on those open ended games than the game that is pretty much closed now.

Coded's only bit of important was Sora learning how to deal with pain and that, imo, wasn't big enough to warrant its inclusion. And I feel 0.2 was too recent for it to be recapped, plus it doesn't do much outside of the last cutscene that's important.

Hirokey123

Awards

That's fair, so is it true more videos are coming?

AmaryllisMoth

Awards

After watching them all, I feel like it did a pretty good job of at least covering the major bases in a concise, manageable way. It introduces most of the major players, shows a little bit of their personalities as well as some of the struggles they had to go through, and where some of them have ended up, culminating in a nice wrap up of explaining what the big threat is currently and why.

I can't think of TOO much that someone who is going in completely blind would really need to know that isn't just muddling up the water with extra details.

I think these were great little videos and are a good way to try and get people invested with characters they might not know anything about. I think you get a pretty broad idea about who most of them are.

My only concern is that some of the characters weren't tied back to why they are currently connected to Sora more clearly, which isn't a huge deal, necessarily...it just feels like that is kind of a big theme of the game which was a bit glossed over. (Though, it was kind of nice to have it treating them all as their own separate people instead of just like oh this clone...) but some stuff with Vanitas, for example, would be kind of shocking to some one who never played the game, especially if he still looks like Sora because that really wasn't addressed at all. Same with the connection to Roxas and Ven. I'm sure someone who doesn't know the characters might be wondering why the two look the same. But it's just like well, here is Roxas and here is Ven. ^^;

But I guess if you start getting into little things like that you would bloat the videos up a lot.

Wallflower3582

I kinda feel like this wasn't all of them, just a first wave. It left quita a bit of stuff. I bet we'll get a few more. (this is merely from watching them all. I don't actually speak Japanese yet so I can't tell you what they said.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back