• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► [English Subs] Chirithy Narrates the History of Kingdom Hearts in Recap Videos

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Re: [English Subs] Chirithy Narrates the History of Kingdom Hearts in Recap Videos

Im fairly worried at chrithys voice for english. It sounds like a girl trying too hard to sound cute. I mean even Mickey’s voice has gravity shearly for his charcater and involvement. Both annoyingish but one tolerable.
It's Kari's dub voice from Digimon Adventure and 02
So I love it

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Re: Watch: Chirithy Narrates the History of Kingdom Hearts in Recap Videos

Days has honestly always been more important to our characters than BBS even if the plot it was most important to was KH2 and CoM, Days still had bearing and presence driving plot in Coded, DDD, and let's be honest a lot of BBS amounted to explaining things from Days. As far as characters go Roxas, Xion, and Axel directly effect and have deep connections/relationships to Sora, Riku, Kairi, and the Organization. TAV are important but in the grand scheme of things what is more important to Sora's story and Sora as a person? Sora has been directly dealing with the ramification of RAX for almost his entire adventure post KH1. Even the most recent game DDD it's easy to see the Days crew were getting more screen time and focus than TAV in it.

To put it another way Roxas, Xion, and Axel affect Sora on a personal level that TAV don't because Sora has barely any relationship or interaction with them himself, Ventus is there with those two but he has effected Sora to a very minimal degree compared to Xion causing a huge mess up with is memories and Roxas's emotions echoing and haunting him. TAV set the seeds for the overall series but in the end it's not the seeds that matter so much so the plants that grow from them, that need tending and pruning and constantly absorb the life the gardener.

It doesn't seem like KH3 is moving away from that either with Nomura not seeing Aquanort as the huge twist it is, and going on to say that Roxas is one of the biggest secrets of KH3.

Yeah, that's how I feel too. Sora never really had a relationship with Terra, Aqua OR Ven. All three of the BBS trio are important, but their connection to Sora is more distant than the Days trio (save Ven, sure, but Sora's basically an airbnb for everybody).

Ven is the reason why Roxas looks different than Sora, but like you mentioned, Xion played a much more immediate factor into what's going on. Roxas we obviously just can't leave alone with him running around doing God knows what due to him being Sora's Nobody, and Axel was the concerned friend that was also pretty involved with what went down in Castle Oblivion. Sora's not going to have the same emotional attachment for TAV, and it wouldn't make sense if he did.

Hell, as far as Sora's concerned, the story for TAV probably goes that Master Xehanort bodied all three of them AND their master (Eraqus). Roxas, he's had an encounter with more than once and Axel (now Lea) is actually training under Yen Sid. Sora's going to save everyone regardless because that's what needs to be done (unless Nomura wants to toss a curve ball at us) so in the end it's whatever, but I could definitely see KH3 taking the road of the Days trio being focused on more in the beginning. If Aqua is Norted, Ven's fate is reliant on Aqua's fate and Terra is missing in action, I don't think that's something we'll probably be able to deal with until later on.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Re: Watch: Chirithy Narrates the History of Kingdom Hearts in Recap Videos

Yeah, that's how I feel too. Sora never really had a relationship with Terra, Aqua OR Ven. All three of the BBS trio are important, but their connection to Sora is more distant than the Days trio (save Ven, sure, but Sora's basically an airbnb for everybody).

Ven is the reason why Roxas looks different than Sora, but like you mentioned, Xion played a much more immediate factor into what's going on. Roxas we obviously just can't leave alone with him running around doing God knows what due to him being Sora's Nobody, and Axel was the concerned friend that was also pretty involved with what went down in Castle Oblivion. Sora's not going to have the same emotional attachment for TAV, and it wouldn't make sense if he did.

Hell, as far as Sora's concerned, the story for TAV probably goes that Master Xehanort bodied all three of them AND their master (Eraqus). Roxas, he's had an encounter with more than once and Axel (now Lea) is actually training under Yen Sid. Sora's going to save everyone regardless because that's what needs to be done (unless Nomura wants to toss a curve ball at us) so in the end it's whatever, but I could definitely see KH3 taking the road of the Days trio being focused on more in the beginning. If Aqua is Norted, Ven's fate is reliant on Aqua's fate and Terra is missing in action, I don't think that's something we'll probably be able to deal with until later on.

I totally understand that, RAX being more related to Sora and crew on a personal level because they impact him more and others (Riku, Kairi, etc.) have interacted with them personally. Completely understand this. I suppose my thing is that Aqua, Ven, and Terra (to an extent) are physically out there in terms of retrieval and are actively in need of rescuing Aqua being physically trapped in the Realm of Darkness, Ven physically locked up in Castle Oblivion, and Terra sorta being scattered about within the Xehanort casserole.

Until the latest trailers I personally was scratching my head at how they'd even approach reconciling with Roxas in any step above what has already been done in KH2 and DDD (Sora having internal conversations with him) because Roxas' very physical existence hinged on Sora being incapacitated in some way. To be honest even now I'm curious to see how they'd go about doing it in a way that doesn't seem like doing backflips lore and storytelling wise. I'm even more lost at how they'd even approach anything with Xion other than finding a way to remember her not even attempting to theorize how'd they bring her back physically (unless they introduce the puppet project through Even again, but then again that relies on a clear recollection of the girl). I guess what I'm saying is, although RAX had a more personal connection to Sora (one that I actually applaud Days for because hate it or love it the drama was written pretty alright) the states that they are in are a bit more difficult to rectify than TAV, at least in a cohesive way that doesn't rely on us suspending what we believe to be the status quo of the universe (such as questions like "How they gonna bring Xion back fam?" being answered with something we never would have imagined possible or even heard of in the series until that point). That's just my opinion.

Sidenote edit: Now that I think about it, if anything Riku seems to be more involved in the TAV aspect of the rescue mission maybe perhaps (he's actively searching for Aqua, the conversation he had with Ansem SoD in DDD alluding to his memory of Terra, etc.) if anything maybe Sora could focus on retrieving RAX and Riku focus on TAV. Just throwing that idea out there

Megavoltage

Awards
Re: [English Subs] Chirithy Narrates the History of Kingdom Hearts in Recap Videos

Sora's journey mostly involves RAX, Riku's journey mostly involves TAV? That would help keep the narrative organized. Sora wouldn't be jumping all over trying to juggle a dozen rescue missions at once, and this gives Riku reason to stay separate from Sora since he has his own work to do. Huh. You might be onto something.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

It was pointed out to me on Twitter that the quote at the end of Memories is Xigbar's line from the E3 2018 vol. 2 trailer. I couldn't find any matching dialogue for the other four quotes, so it's safe to say they're probably all from KH3.

"The coming battle is unlike anything we have faced so far... This charm will make sure we won't be separated again."

"Still, Sora. That doesn't mean you should change. Accept the power you're given. Find the hearts joined to yours."

"I got no clue here. For some reason, I went and bought three."

"The strength to protect the things that matter, huh... That reminds me of the promise I made when I was little."

"The "gazing eye" sees all. The end of this world has already been decided."

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

It was pointed out to me on Twitter that the quote at the end of Memories is Xigbar's line from the E3 2018 vol. 2 trailer. I couldn't find any matching dialogue for the other four quotes, so it's safe to say they're probably all from KH3.

Nice observation!

"The coming battle is unlike anything we have faced so far... This charm will make sure we won't be separated again."

Probably Kairi? Maybe she gives a charm to Riku this time since Sora should still have his?

"Still, Sora. That doesn't mean you should change. Accept the power you're given. Find the hearts joined to yours."

Xigbar confirmed.

Most likely Lea to Kairi, subconsciously thinking of Xion. Also could be to Roxas post-revival.

"The strength to protect the things that matter, huh... That reminds me of the promise I made when I was little."

Riku, of course. Maybe this will lead him to search for Terra?

Most likely Xehanort.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Yeah! I thought I recognized the Xigbar line when I read the closed captions.

Oh man. If that "bought three" line is Lea speaking, who subconsciously bought three ice creams because he was so used to getting three from his time with Roxas and Xion, that's gonna be a bit of a gut punch.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Nice observation!

Probably Kairi? Maybe she gives a charm to Riku this time since Sora should still have his?
i think
this is kairi talking to sora becuase either the old charm broke so he made him a new charm or sora give the charm back to kairi and kairi give sora a new charm of his own singling a change in there friendship evovling but your know what what if it sora talking to kairi and he gives her a charm that he made like them give a papou fruit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back