• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

First details about Union X: What is it and how to play

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X[Cross] launches today in Japan, and here are some things you should know!

The game can be downloaded through the Japanese Google Play Store and iTunes, but maintenance is currently being held from 12:00am~8:00am JST. Updates include multiplayer, medal awakening feature, buff and debuff cap increased to +7, new icon, introduction movie, title screen, theater mode, various UI and bug fixes.

How to play Union X
(Playable after 3/23 maintenance)

About "Union Cross"
Union Cross is the name of the multiplayer quest in which players team up with others from the same Union and defeat Heartless together.
"Cross Coins" can be obtained by clearing quests and used to exchange for items in the board

"Cross Coins" can only be used during events being held.
Access Union Cross via MENU > Quest. Players must complete Main Quest 81.

About the Quest flow
Mission objective will be stated at the start of the quest and must be completed.
"Time Missions" may also take place. Cooperate with other players to finish the quest within the time limit!

The stage and mission itself will be randomly selected among a variety of options. Try to adapt to each situation!

About Matching
On the Union Cross start screen, you can play quests with other players in your Union.

If you press "Start immediately" (Red button), players will be selected from your Union.
If you press "Start at party" (orange button), you can coordinate with your party members.

If you press "Same member and reply" on the result screen (Blue button), you can run the quest again with the same players.

About Revival
When HP drops to 0, the player will become inactive and a gauge will be displayed.

The player can be revived if a participating player tap as many "Counts" as displayed on the gauge before it disappears.
Each time a Player taps, 1 medal action will be consumed.
The count displayed on the gauge will increase each time your HP drops to 0, so try to survive as long as possible.

If the gauge disappears before the player can be revived, you have the option to use jewels to revive yourself, or you can retire from the quest.

About Comments
During the quest, you can make comments to other players by tapping the balloon at the bottom right of the screen and selecting the message you wish to convey.

You can also change what comments you can use via the "Comment Edit" on the Union Cross screen (blue button).

When you press the comment button and close it, the icon will display in the direction of other players. Take advantage of this when trying to regroup!
Players who have played together will be able to check their history. This function can be used when you wish to invite players from the same group for more quests.

appleboy82791

Awards
I'm really looking forward to this update next month for the international version. Looks like it's full of fun changes. Although, I fully expect SENA so screw it up a lot at first. I imagine there's going to be a lot of bugs for the first couple of weeks.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The game is in maintenance mode until 8 AM JST, so we won't know much more until then.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Any news about new story updates?

Probably worth noting that we have already received the monthly story update for March 2017, so do not be surprised if there's no new quests.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Seems really cool. I hope enough of people pre-register that we get the max amount of free stuff! Go pre-register if you haven't already~

Muke

whatever
Awards
new dearly beloved:
[video=youtube;b6cUhsohDKE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6cUhsohDKE[/video]

Seems really cool. I hope enough of people pre-register that we get the max amount of free stuff! Go pre-register if you haven't already~
We'll probably get the 5000j and 7 S&Rs regardless lol

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Probably worth noting that we have already received the monthly story update for March 2017, so do not be surprised if there's no new quests.
true but i think they would finish ven story before we get introuce to the other leaders

CrystalRaine

To be fair though, we only got 5 quests last time, so maybe they're spreading the 15 quests out?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
By the way, the Japanese version has already exceeded the 50,000 pre-registrations required to claim the Sora & Roxas and jewel rewards. It's unclear if the Global version shares the same tally, so be sure to register for that one just in case: https://form3.square-enix.com/a.p/816

true but i think they would finish ven story before we get introuce to the other leaders

My post does not contradict that.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
+7 buff and debuff cap? Alrighty then!

Wish it was here for global already. Can't wait to try the new stuff.

Awards
This looks like so much fun, i can't wait to finally jam with my party members as opposed to being constrained to chat. This is all so much to take in... I feel so bad for any newcomers that may come in.. at this point, Chi and it's gameplay may be just as convoluted as the entire kh lore.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm so excited for this, it's ridiculous. Eeeeeep!

Also, if there are people who STILL don't think the Chi stuff has anything to do with III--even after they now changed the title screen to be similar to the start up menu for the other games--then I don't know what to tell them.

Especially since we have three people on the menu screen, and we've seen Nomura do this stuff before. *cough* The "This Leads to Kingdom Hearts III" thing at the end of DDD. *cough*

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
So, by +7 Buff/Debuff, does that mean for both or in total? As in, could we buff our Str to +7, or do we just get 1 extra for either (Like, +4 Str for player and -3 Def for foe)? I'm hoping the former, would help for a ton of quests, and I could slap both Ill B&B and Sebastian onto my Treasure Trove set and go to town on foes. Also, is the extra buffing solely for Union Cross quests or over the whole game? And what is Medal Awakening?

I feel like I've missed some stuff that wasn't posted about. Awakening Medals, Buff/Debuff Cap increase...Didn't know that was gonna be a thing until now.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So, by +7 Buff/Debuff, does that mean for both or in total? As in, could we buff our Str to +7, or do we just get 1 extra for either (Like, +4 Str for player and -3 Def for foe)? I'm hoping the former, would help for a ton of quests, and I could slap both Ill B&B and Sebastian onto my Treasure Trove set and go to town on foes. Also, is the extra buffing solely for Union Cross quests or over the whole game?

I would assume it would be the former as well, and applicable across the game, not just for Union Cross. (These additions were only stated in the update notes on iTunes so it was rather vague. We'll probably learn more when maintenance ends.)

And what is Medal Awakening?

Beats me 8D

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
I would assume it would be the former as well, and applicable across the game, not just for Union Cross. (These additions were only stated in the update notes on iTunes so it was rather vague. We'll probably learn more when maintenance ends.)

Beats me 8D

Wait, so it's news to everyone? Hot damn. I really hope it's the former. Would allow me to swap out my Ill King Mickey for Sebastian on TT and net a +6 Str boost for just 2SP. The Havoc I could wreak with that would be glorious! Might make the darn Lv410 Proud+ Mission easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back