• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Gamespot Interviews Tai Yasue - "No FF Worlds, 1.5/2.5 on PS4"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Gamespot reporter Alexa Ray Corriea had the opportunity to sit down with Kingdom Hearts co-director Tai Yasue. During the interview, Gamespot asked Tai Yasue about whether or not Final Fantasy worlds had a place in Kingdom Hearts 3 and if the PS3 collections would ever make their way to Playstation 4.

The answer to the first of these is the most standard response. Final Fantasy characters have appeared over the many games in the series, making cameos in original and Disney worlds. Tai Yasue asserts that a world taken from the Final Fantasy world (example Spira from Final Fantasy X) would not be included at all. All worlds in Kingdom Hearts 3 will be original or based on Disney properties.

On the topic of a Playstation 4 release of Kingdom Hearts HD ReMIX's 1.5 and 2.5, Tai Yasue reveals that Square Enix aren't ruling it out as a possibility, but aren't quite ready to announce them just yet. Hopefully a Playstation 4 collection will be announced soon to compliment the upcoming release of Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

Please click on the links provided for the full story on Gamespots website.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i hope nictica and luna make it in or he could do a troll to ffxv people and put stella in

Michael Mario

Worlds. They said they wouldn't put Final Fantasy worlds in. Final Fantasy characters are still fair game just as they've always been ;).

ayurai

Awards
if it comes to ps4, its very possible comes to other plataforms, cause digital laws, etc etc, should be solved before come to ps4.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
None of those answers were surprising, but it was nice to have them confirmed nonetheless. Alexa seemed super excited for the interview, so I'm curious as to what other info she got from speaking with Tai Yasue, if any.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
Worlds. They said they wouldn't put Final Fantasy worlds in. Final Fantasy characters are still fair game just as they've always been ;).

I... Don't really think anyone expected them to take out FF characters?

But yay, no FF worlds. Finally, a confirmation. But SE, pls, stop putting them in the same worlds. Please start integrating them into the actual Disney worlds. Seeing Cloud, Hercules, and Sora interact together was pretty awesome, as well as with Auron.

That being said, that wasn't a no to Shibuya, however.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I... Don't really think anyone expected them to take out FF characters?

But yay, no FF worlds. Finally, a confirmation. But SE, pls, stop putting them in the same worlds. Please start integrating them into the actual Disney worlds. Seeing Cloud, Hercules, and Sora interact together was pretty awesome, as well as with Auron.

That being said, that wasn't a no to Shibuya, however.

I'm totally in agreement with this. While there could be more story reasons as to why the FF characters stay in the same worlds, seemingly the point of having the series as a crossover from a storytelling level is to have them directly interact with each other. Granted, they have done it, but it would be really cool to see it done on more occasions.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I was never one wanting FF worlds in KH so I'm totally fine with no FF worlds in KH3.

As for 1.5/2.5 on PS4, I sure hope so. Tai Yasue's answer here leads me to believe they may in fact be working on them, as he gave an extremely similar answer when questioned about the existence of 2.5 back in the day, what with the whole "it's possible, it depends on the fans, but we're not announcing anything right now".

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
None of those answers were surprising, but it was nice to have them confirmed nonetheless. Alexa seemed super excited for the interview, so I'm curious as to what other info she got from speaking with Tai Yasue, if any.
Omg when she tweeted that Tai Yasue knows about the KH book she wrote I was so excited for her! She did a great job and got recognition for it from the Co-Director of the series!! Well deserved

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
So 1.5 and 2.5 are PS4 possibilities? Excellent. One more less reason to hang onto the PS3.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Wellp - give me 1.5 and 2.5 on the PS4, and I am happy. Here's hoping they will, hah.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Quick question:
If one would get the PS4 variants of 1.5 and 2.5 does that mean another set of trophies for the PS4 versions or do the ones you've earned for the PS3 variants count for the PS4 variants as well.

In the latter case, the PS4 variants of these would for me personally most interesting for the capability of directly taking screenshots.

---

I also really cracked up about the "Final Fantasy worlds" thing as Nomura had already made clear from Day one that there will be no actual Final Fantasy worlds in KH at all since the FF characters are meant to be alternate versions used in different environments.
It's one of these issues where I could only shake my head in disbelief even in some forum threads when people continued to bring up this question when the answer was no from the very beginning of the series.
But maybe a refresher answer from Yasue in that regard will finally get the memo around that there is no Midgar, Spira or whatever in the KH universe.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Quick question:
If one would get the PS4 variants of 1.5 and 2.5 does that mean another set of trophies for the PS4 versions or do the ones you've earned for the PS3 variants count for the PS4 variants as well.

In the latter case, the PS4 variants of these would for me personally most interesting for the capability of directly taking screenshots.
Impossible to tell. This is not a question that can be answered at this present time.

There are some games that have the same trophy list but separate the PS3 and PS4 versions, some where the PS4 have different trophies, and others that combine the PS3 and PS4 lists together.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Impossible to tell. This is not a question that can be answered at this present time.

There are some games that have the same trophy list but separate the PS3 and PS4 versions, some where the PS4 have different trophies, and others that combine the PS3 and PS4 lists together.

Alrighty, it's too early for that obviously.

This is why I asked as I have seen exactly this issue when looking at my own PSN-account.
Games like Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate or Final Fantasy X HD have one trophy list where on Platform there stands PS3/PS4/PSVita while i.e. Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends has only PS3/PSVita standing under Platform but I know there exists a PS4 version of this game as well!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Can somebody tell the Kingdom Hearts team to release 1.5 and 2.5 collection on Xbox One and Nintendo NX too? It'd be really unfair at this point to keep it as a PS4 exclusive. And besides, Square Enix can accumulate more sales if they were to be multi-platform like KH3.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Quick question:

---

I also really cracked up about the "Final Fantasy worlds" thing as Nomura had already made clear from Day one that there will be no actual Final Fantasy worlds in KH at all since the FF characters are meant to be alternate versions used in different environments.
It's one of these issues where I could only shake my head in disbelief even in some forum threads when people continued to bring up this question when the answer was no from the very beginning of the series.
But maybe a refresher answer from Yasue in that regard will finally get the memo around that there is no Midgar, Spira or whatever in the KH universe.

As you said.. it's probably gonna end up like FF X | X-2

2015-05-13-205759_zpsqh38clhj.jpg

I'd love it though if they could change the requirements for the difficulty trophies in Re:CoM. I haven't gotten those yet.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
But then you have Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider which had a separate list on PS4. The group working on the HD Collections might decide to make the lists separate rather than merging them. They could also have merged lists. It's impossible to tell at the moment, especially when Final Fantasy X|X-2 is the only HD remaster from the Japanese studios on PS4 so far.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As you said.. it's probably gonna end up like FF X | X-2

2015-05-13-205759_zpsqh38clhj.jpg

I'd love it though if they could change the requirements for the difficulty trophies in Re:CoM. I haven't gotten those yet.

I'm not sure that why I brought the thing up in the first place. Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends does have a distinct list for the PS3/PSVita version and the PS4 version after all as does Diablo III.
There are two "variants" to this and I do not know the criteria for when which variant applies.

It is even more odd when adding in Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires which does the thing like FF X/FF X-2 HD Remaster but is from the same developer and series as DW 8 Xtreme Legends which uses the other variant.

Hah, the not stacking difficulty trophies in 1.5 for both Re: CoM and KH 1 FM should be among the very first things fixed for a possible PS4 variant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back