• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Ichiro Hazama interested in continuing Theatrhythm series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Back in 2012, Theatrhythm producer Ichiro Hazama was interviewed by Siliconera and discussed his wishes for Theatrhythm to become a series that would expand beyond Final Fantasy, hoping to move into games like Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts if possible. With the successful launch of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call in 2014 and Theatrhythm Dragon Quest (Japan only) in 2015, it was clear that the Theatrhythm series would possibly be sticking around for quite some time and many hopes to see a Kingdom Hearts version of the adorable rhythm game only grew from there. 

Almost a year after Theatrhythm Dragon Quest's release, Hamaza has given a small New Year's message in this month's issue of Nintendo Dream, translated by Nintendo Everything, which shows his continued interest in expanding the series:

This is Hazama from Square Enix. Last year at this place, I said ‘we’ll keep continuing Theatrhythm from hereafter too!’. Well then, I wonder how about next year[‘s continuity]. Personally, I still want to continue, and everyday I have been devising various plans. I’m full with a feeling to do something to make it happen, so I’ll be glad if you can wait with anticipation. With that being said, please keep supporting [the series] as usual from hereafter too!

There are only a handful of games from Square Enix that could possibly be next in line for the Theatrhythm series. While games like Chrono TriggerNieR, or the Mana series could easy be chosen because of the stunning and memorable music they feature, the most popular choice would be Kingdom Hearts. With eight games-worth of beautifully crafted music by series composer Yoko Shimomura and co-composers Tsuyoshi Sekito and Takeharu Ishimoto, there would be plenty for Hazama and the development team at indieszero Corporation to work with.

Although it is not known by many, Theatrhythm's art style by Monster Octopus was borrowed from Kingdom Hearts mobile, a now defunct Japanese mobile social hub that was only available on DoCoMo PRIME Series phones. Players could experience minigames, dress up avatars with costumes based on Kingdom Hearts, Disney, and Final Fantasy characters, purchase KH-themed add-ons for their phone, and redeem various rewards upon completing chapters of the mobile version of Kingdom Hearts coded. One of the minigames, Rhythm Parade, happened to bear similarities to field stage gameplay in the Theatrhythm series as players needed to tap at precise moments when commands passed on the bottom of the screen to the beat of iconic Kingdom Hearts songs.

Considering Theatrhythm's style origins and the variety of gorgeous music available from Kingdom Hearts, it feels like it would be such an obvious choice to continue the Theatrhythm series with.

Would you all want to see a "Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts" game and what songs would you want to see featured? Do you have another series in mind? Let us know in the comment section on our forums

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Source: Nintendo Everything via Recon & @JC_7Soldier

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
hikari, sora theme, roxas theme,xion them tears of the light,one of the dearly beloved, and finnaly the other promised :) if we do get a theatrhythm kingdom hearts i would say arond the time kingdom hearts 3 is released would be a good idea

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Would you all want to see a "Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts" game

what songs would you want to see featured?
Simple & Clean, Sanctuary, Hikary and Passion in their orchestra forms, Tension Rising, the Absent Silhouette battle theme, One-Winged Angel, ALL Organization XIII battle themes, and many more which names I forgot. xP

Do you have another series in mind?
The Chrono series, even though I don't think it won't be much of a possibility, since there wouldn't be as much songs to pick from when compared to FF and KH.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Hell yeah I want a KH Theatrhythm. If they announced that, I'd be running around in ecstatic circles for at least an hour. :D

Opening themes, Destati, and at least a few versions of Dearly Beloved are an absolute musts. Then there're songs like Darkness of the Unknown, Scherzo de Notte, Forze de Male, Night of Fate, Critical Drive, Majestic Wings, Fate of the Unknown... uh, I think I'll just stop there, because this could go on for a while. Of course, they'll need to include music from the Disney worlds too. :p

It'd be pretty funny if there was some sort of stage for Atlantica that referenced how everyone hated the rhythm game from KHII, though.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I want Theatrhyhthm Kingdom Hearts so so much haha. I have been since the original Theatrhythm was announced.

As for songs....I would love it if every field and battle song from all the worlds got in. Though that's a lot I realize...but I'm also not sure which ones from each game they would choose. But yeah, other than that most of the best songs have already been mentioned, but in general as many as possible for me would be nice haha.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Tap Tap Kingdom Hearts 3: Dancing All Night coming to 3DS.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
I'd love a Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts!! There's so many songs from the series they could choose from! Aqua's theme, Destati, Working Together, the possibilities are endless! :3

AurisFlown

Awards
I'm just glad Theater Rhythm hasn't Died out yet.

I got the Final Fantasy one on my phone but never got new songs cause I thought they where gonna shut it down or something.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
terra's theme, vector from the heavens. you can do it, Squizzle E.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The theatrhthm kingdom hearts style looks very familiar. Wasn't it in re coded at the end?

it was featured throughout, it was basically your profile avatars that other players passing saw. it was taken from the original kingdom hearts coded, actually, kingdom hearts mobile to be more specific. the OP covers it pretty well already.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
lets all go to the SE HQ and hold hands in a circle chanting, blocking all exits and traffic

its the only effective way trust me on this one

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;QH1WQPL22EM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH1WQPL22EM[/video]

Fate of the Unknown should be an EMS ;~;

I'm just glad Theater Rhythm hasn't Died out yet.

I got the Final Fantasy one on my phone but never got new songs cause I thought they where gonna shut it down or something.

Wouldn't worry too much about that unless they stop supporting their apps. SE eventually rolls out updates for them when they stop being lazy.

But to avoid that, if you have a 3DS you can get the game on that instead.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm also hoping they put Twister in because KH3D.

[video=youtube;3dThaK8pIIc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dThaK8pIIc[/video]

Actually, just dump a bunch of TWEWY in it since they added a few songs to TFF. Kingdom Hearts actually has TWEWY so it wouldn't be fair if TFF had songs but not TKH that actually does tie into TWEWY.

[video=youtube;-LK01R-sCNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LK01R-sCNg[/video]

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yes yes and yes. I'm all for KHT. Just use all songs, that would be lovely. Thanks, Square.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Oh! And a game like this would mean another unique rendition of Dearly Beloved! Who wouldn't want that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back