• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tai Yasue Talks About Kingdom Hearts 3: More Coming in 2015

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

4Gamer recently conducted an interview with Japanese Game Developers to discuss their thoughts on 2014, as well as the future of their game series. Kingdom Hearts Co-Director Tai Yasue was one of these developers. He spoke about Kingdom Hearts 3, noting Keyblade Transformations (much like the Starlight transformation from the D23 Trailer) and Attractions. He also comments on the change to the Unreal Engine 4, stating that the team structure has been established and development is now moving forward. It's worth noting he mentions the new shader, the Kingdom Shader, that was talked about by Tetsuya Nomura back at E3 2013.

Tai Yasue (Square Enix)

Known for: Kingdom Hearts series

“Now that we’ve worked out Unreal Engine 4 as our development environment, as well as the general structure of the team and fresh new look for the game and its accompanying shader, development of Kingdom Hearts III is moving forward as we now focus on making things like new Attractions and Keyblade transformations. We’re hoping to be able to show our fans the fruits of these labors step by step during 2015, so stay on the lookout for more information!”

Thanks to Gematsu!

Muke

whatever
Awards
Phew, this is so stunning, can't wait for what they'll present us in 2015. :D
Hopefully, there'll be a new huge trailer, which reveals some things like new Transformations and Attractions.
^^

Commander Corn

We're hoping to be able to show our fans the fruits of these labors step by step during 2015.
maaaaan do i like the sound of that. doubt anything will happen but some kind of dev blog or something where stuff is revealed on an at least occasional basis would be amazing.

Bobjam

Awards
"Step by step" - sounds like they are hopeful of the progress they will make this year ^^ I really hope we get at least something before E3 comes around...that 6 month wait from January can be torture.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Meh... I like that they are making progress but this is Square. They promised more info concerning XV in 2013 and they were radio-silent for a year. "Hope" doesn't help much. We'll see it when we see it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's also the company that made up for last year's silence after E3 by releasing many trailers, gameplay videos, and development pictures, as well as interviews, promising two demos, and started English localisation. And this has been in the last 3-4 months.

What I'm hoping for is this same response with the development of Kingdom Hearts 3. I need Nomura to be more open in his interviews, I need someone to livestream every few months around the time of big events, and a demo to get fan feedback for development of the game wouldn't hurt (since it'd help us all understand how these Attraction summons work). I need the same Square that's been on a media blitz these last 4 months with FFXV to do the same with Kingdom Hearts 3.

Bobjam

Awards
It's also the company that made up for last year's silence after E3 by releasing many trailers, gameplay videos, and development pictures, as well as interviews, promising two demos, and started English localisation. And this has been in the last 3-4 months.

What I'm hoping for is this same response with the development of Kingdom Hearts 3. I need Nomura to be more open in his interviews, I need someone to livestream every few months around the time of big events, and a demo to get fan feedback for development of the game wouldn't hurt (since it'd help us all understand how these Attraction summons work). I need the same Square that's been on a media blitz these last 4 months with FFXV to do the same with Kingdom Hearts 3.

I have no doubt an extended follow up to that exclusive teaser they released at the launch events will definitely come. Hopefully before E3. I just can't see Nomura doing a live stream like Tabata is doing though =/ as much as I would like that a lot! He seems too shy and conservative in his approach to releasing information to start appearing in events like that regularly.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
As a long time Disney World fan. The attraction summons are going to be amazing. You think about it for a for second and there's a chance that they can implement characters that are only used around the parks. If they can do a Space Mountain summon...ohh shh!!

Bobjam

Awards
As a long time Disney World fan. The attraction summons are going to be amazing. You think about it for a for second and there's a chance that they can implement characters that are only used around the parks. If they can do a Space Mountain summon...ohh shh!!

I really hope they get Yoko to do specific ride music for the summons....that would be equally awesome. I want Shimomura's Haunted Mansion theme!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just can't see Nomura doing a live stream like Tabata is doing though =/ as much as I would like that a lot! He seems too shy and conservative in his approach to releasing information to start appearing in events like that regularly.

This is why we have Yasue, who doesn't seem as conservative about this kind of stuff and has the outgoing personality to get on camera and talk about stuff.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Even if it's just someone talking about the game and we don't actually SEE much; I think that would please a lot of fans. I'm just happy that the game is even being mentioned at the moment XD
I'm in information overload (sad since we still don't know much, but that's how it is)

Bobjam

Awards
This is why we have Yasue, who doesn't seem as conservative about this kind of stuff and has the outgoing personality to get on camera and talk about stuff.

The funny thing is I would have agreed with you before I went to the London 2.5 launch event and after having seen him talk on stage and even luckily had an autograph signed by him, he is actually a very shy guy. The big one up he has of course is that he speaks english perfectly which helps massively. But actually he seemed just as quiet and nervous as Nomura acts when he is talking for any kind of press.

Hopefully though as you say, Square utilise him as the the communication bridge between the Japanese development and the Western consumer fanbase. He is such a nice guy ^^.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The funny thing is I would have agreed with you before I went to the London 2.5 launch event and after having seen him talk on stage and even luckily had an autograph signed by him, he is actually a very shy guy. The big one up he has of course is that he speaks english perfectly which helps massively. But actually he seemed just as quiet and nervous as Nomura acts when he is talking for any kind of press.

Hopefully though as you say, Square utilise him as the the communication bridge between the Japanese development and the Western consumer fanbase. He is such a nice guy ^^.

He is shy (I only met him briefly at E3 but he was definitely kind! A really sweet guy!), but I think he's a lot more personable than Nomura who can and will hide from interviews and stay in a backroom during events or run off to do his own thing. Yasue isn't used to being in front of a bunch of people, but he makes the effort and that is what really counts imo. He seems to really like interfacing with fans and sharing what info he can.

There are ways to put that to use, even if it isn't being in front of a camera because I don't think that is the only way information can be effectively delivered. People like reading blog posts with images and footage videos and I think we all miss Messages from the Kingdom xD

Last edited:

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I really hope they get Yoko to do specific ride music for the summons....that would be equally awesome. I want Shimomura's Haunted Mansion theme!

A remix with the in-ride narrator. "This is your host speaking...your GHOST HOST"

Bobjam

Awards
A remix with the in-ride narrator. "This is your host speaking...your GHOST HOST"

I would die...just honestly I would (teehee) if they include the Haunted Mansion in any form whatsoever in KHIII.

He is shy (I only met him briefly at E3 but he was definitely kind! A really sweet guy!), but I think he's a lot more personable than Nomura who can and will hide from interviews and stay in a backroom during events or run off to do his own thing. Yasue isn't used to being in front of a bunch of people, but he makes the effort and that is what really counts imo. He seems to really like interfacing with fans and sharing what info he can.

There are ways to put that to use, even if it isn't being in front of a camera because I don't think that is the only way information can be effectively delivered. People like reading blog posts with images and footage videos and I think we all miss Messages from the Kingdom xD

Hopefully SE don't spend too long trying to work out the best solution to our current KH news drought. I definitely wasn't expecting the KH no show at Jump Festa so something semi-substantial is needed pre-E3!

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Yeah, Yasue may be a bit shy, but he's a bit more personable then Nomura. I suspect we'll be seeing less Nomura interviews and more Yasue interviews next year. It helps that based on the 2.5 videos his English seems to be vary good.

Anyways I'm excited to see what they show us next year.

DoctahFaz

Awards
I really can't believe that it's been almost 2 years since that E3 where they finally confirmed KH3! We need more info!

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
It's hard to believe that was 2 years ago! Time flies~...

But yes, new information is always a plus. So, if they changed the engine to Unreal 4, will that mean a significant change from what we have seen to what we will, I wonder?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But yes, new information is always a plus. So, if they changed the engine to Unreal 4, will that mean a significant change from what we have seen to what we will, I wonder?

Well, we haven't seen much at all so it's not like there is anything to compare to.

The first trailer was CG with nothing actually running in real time and not even representative of their concepts for KH3. The second thing we saw was just stuff they built using DirectX 11 to get a feel of what kind of gameplay they wanted to have and not so much a graphical style. The third thing that only a handful of people have seen was made with UE4 apparently but it was so brief that it didn't really even amount to anything.

So, I'm going to say no. There was never anything substantial for there to be a significant change to the audience to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back