• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Yoko Shimomura Discusses Potential KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX Soundtrack!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

As you all know, KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- contains nearly 70 rearranged tracks composed by Yoko Shimomura and performed live by the specialty recording orchestra gaQdan, all of which sound gorgeous and give new life to our favorite songs from the series. A tremendous amount of work and time went into the rearrangements and were made to fit in perfectly into the HD remaster, but many of us have been wondering if there are plans for a soundtrack to compile these updated songs.

Recently, Yoko Shimomura received a tweet asking about a potential soundtrack and this was what she had to say in response:

A KH1.5 soundtrack is currently undecided right now. However, if there are more demands from everyone, it would certainly make it more likely to become realized!

Even though there are no plans for a KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- live orchestra soundtrack right, Square Enix has released many orchestral albums for the FINAL FANTASY franchise in the past. There have only been a handful of special soundtracks for the KINGDOM HEARTS series, sadly, but hopefully Square Enix decides to release these live orchestral recordings for the world to enjoy in the future!

Do you want an orchestral album for KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX-? Tell us in the comments below!

Source: aibo_ac7 via Twitter

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
:O!

I am so pumped to hear the arranged tracks when I play the game. It's going to make the HD ReMIX that much fresher an experience. Everything YS does needs to be released to the masses (or on my iPod), so I hope they do make an official soundtrack. If not now, then perhaps when 2.5 releases, kind of like the compilation album, KH OST Complete.

Last edited:

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
yES PLEASE (dude i will spam square-enix music's twitter. ...okay maybe not, but still, i will do something! D:)

I really hope that it happens -- 1.5's music is absolutely beautiful and it would be amazing to have it on a CD. But maybe they could combine it with 2.5's soundtrack in a box set! That would also be neat, but, either way, Square, TAKE ALL MY MONEY *throws money at screen*

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
it's pretty weird that this isn't definitely going to happen!

Xagzan

Awards
Relevant question, for those who have already played 1.5. Are you able to select between these remastered tracks and the originals in-game? Because I've heard a few of the new ones on youtube - just a few, I looked up some of my favorites - and I wasn't really a fan :\

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
If there isn't a soundtrack release, keep in mind that someone has already ripped the entire games soundtrack and named them. I've got that downloaded for now, but I would buy a soundtrack for the right price.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Relevant question, for those who have already played 1.5. Are you able to select between these remastered tracks and the originals in-game? Because I've heard a few of the new ones on youtube - just a few, I looked up some of my favorites - and I wasn't really a fan :\
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think there's an option to switch between them.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Everyone better get messaging Square Enix. xD

:O!

I am so pumped to hear the arranged tracks when I play the game. It's going to make the HD ReMIX that much fresher an experience. Everything YS does needs to be released to the masses (or on my iPod), so I hope they do make an official soundtrack. If not now, then perhaps when 2.5 releases, kind of like the compilation album, KH OST Complete.

I agree she is amazing. Not only KH but she was responsible for this:

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I agree Yoko Shimomura is amazing and even though I don't think every piece of the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack was improved with the live instrumentation I'd still by the Kh 1.5 HD ReMix soundtrack in the blink of an eye.

Out of the other soundtracks she made "Heroes of Mana" seems to be the closet to Kingdom Hearts, I always thought some of the tracks would be great april fools prank material, because hardly anybody played this game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Nah, there's no way to switch between the two.

Miminezz

I would really love to see a CD of full orchestral arrangements. The closest we have to that was the Dramatica CD.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Shimomura also compose Somnia Memorias from Parasite Eve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back