• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your reaction if the Holy Quadrilogy of Mini Games returns

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
You play Kingdom Hearts III and notice that Fruitball, Ice Cream Beat, Rumble Racing and Command Boards return.

Command Boards and Fruitball, I'm fine with - I thought they were pretty fun mini games.

Ice Cream Beat can be fun but it can get pretty frustrating.

Rumble Racing I would be okay with if they fix the camera controls, if we get Wreck it Ralph we'd probably get Rumble Racing there.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I love the Command Board. Only problem is, there are no commands in KH3 to put on the board. I’m not sure what’d they replace them with. But I’d love for there to be a brand new board game inspired by it. Maybe to help you get synthesis materials, learn certain abilities, etc. Can you imagine the cool designs of a Toy Story/Monster’s Inc board game?

I can see some kind of racing game happening. And it has to if Wreck It Ralph is in the game. I’d love to see race courses based on all the Disney worlds we visit. Fruitball, I’m indifferent towards. It wasn’t bad, but I didn’t have much interest.

Ice Cream Beat can choke.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I'd be happy if they returned with multiplayer. Especially Command Board and Rumble Racing. Shoot, just bring back the Mirage Arena.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Don't bring any of them back. They were okay for BBS but we need something new this time around.

And whatever new minigames they do have, they need to introduce online and local MP components to them. What made all of the minigames in BBS so bland (besides Ice Cream beat being so shitty and Rumble Racing just being clunky af) was that you couldn't go online with other people to play with them.

ImVentus

Awards
Don't bring any of them back. They were okay for BBS but we need something new this time around.

And whatever new minigames they do have, they need to introduce online and local MP components to them. What made all of the minigames in BBS so bland (besides Ice Cream beat being so shitty and Rumble Racing just being clunky af) was that you couldn't go online with other people to play with them.

I agree it would be a lot better with a new feature for bonus stages. They did speak of multiplayer for KH3, didn't they?

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I'd be happy if they returned with multiplayer. Especially Command Board and Rumble Racing. Shoot, just bring back the Mirage Arena.
I have a feeling that Mt.Olympus will take over Mirage Arena's spot again.

Hercules world always seems to have cups and maybe they'll just add Cups and maybe you can do multiplayer in them but if you want to play multiplayer for the minigames you'd have to go to their worlds to play them and do multiplayer.

UltimaXOmega

Command Board was ok, I don't remember playing the fruit game much,the racing was awful and the ice cream minigame is why I won't be getting Birth By Sleep's platinum trophy.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I wrote a thread that literally no one cared about before that talked about Command Board and Rumble Racing returning as full-fledged mario party-style Kingdom Hearts games. I think it would be so cool.

Veevee

Awards
I was fine with the command board, but I really don't need to see the others return. Ice cream beat was horrible, fruitball was pretty luck-based and Rumble racings controls were so clunky it hurt. But if they are to bring all these back, I don't mind as long as they are not needed for story progression because that was just the worst. Playing volleyball against Unversed? It yelled "filler!!!" so loud that I almost got deaf. Seriously. Leave them what they are. Minigames.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'd take Ice Cream Beat over Fruitball any day of the week. Ice Cream Beat is so easy to finish with a grade high enough to get you the items and trophy, but Fruitball is just too random for me. The fruit rarely did what I asked it too, a round goes for too long. It's just a horribly put together mini-game.

I'd rather neitehr return in KH3, but if it's between the two of them? Ice cream beat. And Rumble Racing but have it so it's fun and the NPCs aren't rubber banding to the main character.

ok sunny

Awards
I can do without any of those lol

Do the odd jobs that Roxas did in KH2 count as minigames? I enjoyed most of them so it'd be cool if they returned.
That and skateboarding, just way jacked up with more tricks and a whole world dedicated to skating half-pipes.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Speaking of mini-games, I'd love if each world in KH3 had one.

I liked Rumble Racing so I'm up for more as long as it doesn't have the stupid rubber banding, and Ice Cream Beat was pretty easy and I'm a sucker for rhythm games.

As for Command Board, I'd love if we got a board mini-game where we can farm synthesis items.

Fruitball can die in a fire.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The hate for Fruitball is so severe but I never had any problems with that mini game. Of all of the ones in BBS, it was the easiest for me to finish for all three characters. My hardest was Rumble Racing, but that is because I suck at any and all racing games. Ice Cream Beat was harder for me in 2.5 than in the PSP version for some reason...

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
As for Command Board, I'd love if we got a board mini-game where we can farm synthesis items.
What a good idea. Command Board is the only minigame in this series that I've liked, so I hope it returns, but not with commands. Using AP/Strength/Magic +'s, MP and HP items, synthesis materials like you said, etc. would be a good way to implement it.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I wrote a thread that literally no one cared about before that talked about Command Board and Rumble Racing returning as full-fledged mario party-style Kingdom Hearts games. I think it would be so cool.

I personally would like them as multiplayer minigames but would not really care for an entire game based off of them.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I’d also love boards based on worlds Sora has previously visited such as Agrabah, Halloweentown, Atlantica, etc. They could even be used to unlock/evolve summon abilities and give those classic KH Disney characters more involvement.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
^ I love that idea, too. Maybe they could make the summons attainable from playing the board (Ariel from the Atlantica board for example, Jack from the Halloween Town board, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back