• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xemnas and the keyblade

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Agree or Disagree?

• That....actually makes sense!

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Nope, nope, nope I refuse to believe it!

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rael_Oblivion

His heart may not have been strong enough to wield one when he was Xemnas. The only times we see an incarnation of Xehanort wielding the keyblade are when he is whole: as YX, AX, and MX. If he had been seeding the 6 apprentices before splitting himself, it might have weakened his heart too much.

We also don't know everything about the nature of the different Keyblades. MX's keyblade is a dark keyblade, right? Maybe it requires more power to draw upon than a light keyblade or some other different requirement. And the keyblade doesn't just need a strong heart to wield it, but some other intangibles, or everyone with a strong enough heart would have one. Those intangibles could have been split between Xemnas and Ansem.

Gram

Banned
Awards
MX's keyblade is a dark keyblade, right? Maybe it requires more power to draw upon than a light keyblade or some other different requirement.
Actually it's a light keyblade. The only dark realm keyblade known of is the Kingdom Key D used by Mickey. =3
Aside from that we also know that the light and dark realm keyblades only differ in origin so they more or less are the same in function.

You did raise a good point with the weakening though. With all his vessels being made up of multiple people and fractions of himself it may have weakened him to a degree.

Rael_Oblivion

Actually it's a light keyblade. The only dark realm keyblade known of is the Kingdom Key D used by Mickey. =3
Ok, I didn't know that. I thought for sure with MX's use of darkness and the look of the keyblade... that's what I get for assuming! :)

Gram

Banned
Awards
Ok, I didn't know that. I thought for sure with MX's use of darkness and the look of the keyblade... that's what I get for assuming! :)

haha Sadly it's one of those details either hidden away in a journal report or Nomura interview. There's nothing wrong with assuming, it's Nomura's fault for not explaining the series well...within that actual series. xD

Rael_Oblivion

haha Sadly it's one of those details either hidden away in a journal report or Nomura interview. There's nothing wrong with assuming, it's Nomura's fault for not explaining the series well...within that actual series. xD
xD Darn you, Nomura! So was it a BbS thing, then? Either journal or interview?

Gram

Banned
Awards
xD Darn you, Nomura! So was it a BbS thing, then? Either journal or interview?

It was a mixture of both. It's stated mostly in three places, a KH2 "directors interview", a bbs report and in the DDD glossary.

Rael_Oblivion

It was a mixture of both. It's stated mostly in three places, a KH2 "directors interview", a bbs report and in the DDD glossary.
I guess I missed it in the glossary, then, since it's the only place I could've seen it. Now I'll need to go play DDD and find it tomorrow. What a shame. ;)

Gram

Banned
Awards
I guess I missed it in the glossary, then, since it's the only place I could've seen it. Now I'll need to go play DDD and find it tomorrow. What a shame. ;)

They have all the reports, glossaries and interviews listed on the main site if you feel to lazy to turn the 3ds on tomorrow. ;D rofl

Rael_Oblivion

They have all the reports, glossaries and interviews listed on the main site if you feel to lazy to turn the 3ds on tomorrow. ;D rofl
Well, I don't have to work tomorrow so I don't have anything better to do. Might as well do both. Fact-checking is important. :p

Gram

Banned
Awards
*da bump cause I think this can still keep going*

I've proposed why I think he lacked a keyblade, pointed out that lacking a keyblade doesn't equate to lacking the power to use one and in turn I've received comments why some think he did.

But why stop there right!? 8D

So tell me, on top of your feelz about the thread, do you think Xemnas should wield or just don't care at all?
(gonna assume most are the latter like me and are just looking for a distraction)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
*da bump cause I think this can still keep going*

I've proposed why I think he lacked a keyblade, pointed out that lacking a keyblade doesn't equate to lacking the power to use one and in turn I've received comments why some think he did.

But why stop there right!? 8D

So tell me, on top of your feelz about the thread, do you think Xemnas should wield or just don't care at all?
(gonna assume most are the latter like me and are just looking for a distraction)
Should he? I don't think he should, but I don't mind if he does, since he's probably capable of doing so.
But if he does get to wield one, I want something based off his lightsabers and not just a copy of Xehanort's.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Lightsaber keyblade? *imagines beam katana from No More heroes*

Personally I don't think he should either unless it's something like what MX did with YX.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
The No Heart boss from BBS was MX armor with a nobody symbol, very similar to one of Xemnas forms. No Heart had a keyblade. And I believe he was Xemnas. I think Xemnas just chose not to use the keyblade, especially since it was revealed that nobodies really do have hearts. Perhaps not using his keyblade was a way of ensuring a keyblade wielder would join the organization or to lay low about who he was so there would be less resistance to his plan

MyNameisAnsem

The No Heart boss from BBS was MX armor with a nobody symbol, very similar to one of Xemnas forms. No Heart had a keyblade. And I believe he was Xemnas. I think Xemnas just chose not to use the keyblade, especially since it was revealed that nobodies really do have hearts. Perhaps not using his keyblade was a way of ensuring a keyblade wielder would join the organization or to lay low about who he was so there would be less resistance to his plan

I see where you're going, but I'm pretty sure No Heart is nothing more than a data simulation. Also, Nobodies have to grow hearts, so he probably was restricted on Keyblade use when he was first "born."

Gram

Banned
Awards
Mirage Arena battles aren't canon as far as we know, if I remember right Nomura even referred to them as a type of simulation once.
There is a connection though because that armor is indeed Xehanorts and Xemnas uses that armor as he is Xehanort.

I see where you're going, but I'm pretty sure No Heart is nothing more than a data simulation. Also, Nobodies have to grow hearts, so he probably was restricted on Keyblade use when he was first "born."

If Roxas is anything to go by, he likely retained the power to use one but just wasn't able to summon MX's for whatever reason.

MyNameisAnsem

There is a connection though because that armor is indeed Xehanorts and Xemnas uses that armor as he is Xehanort.

If Roxas is anything to go by, he likely retained the power to use one but just wasn't able to summon MX's for whatever reason.

Well, Roxas does have Ven's heart, so that could be why he has one at first. As for Xehanort having the armor, how did he even get it?

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Wow, Gram. This is DEEP.

I honestly hadn't thought about Xemnas not using a Keyblade. It WOULD'VE been loads easier for him make Kingdom Hearts if he used his OWN Keyblade?

Maybe he was trying to stay undercover.
Or perhaps Eraqus and Terra have some kind of influence on him...?

nxtgarnett5

I feel like Xenmas could have used to keyblade, but just something is holding him back, it might have been terra, not allowing him to summon a keyblade, Idk this thought has always pondered me, but I doubt we'll ever get an answer

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well, Roxas does have Ven's heart, so that could be why he has one at first. As for Xehanort having the armor, how did he even get it?
Nope. The given reason for Roxas power to wield by Nomura is that it's his connection to Sora. Not only that but that he and sora use the same keyblade.
The only effect Ventus had on Roxas was the face and second keyblade.

Directors Interviews said:
VII. In KH, at the same time Sora became a heartless Roxas was born and entered the Organization. So if that's the case, at that point in time at Castle Oblivion, Sora used a keyblade while at the same time, Roxas would have been using a keyblade. Was this Sora's keyblade? Within the organization, I think we particularly saw Roxas using a keyblade. And similar to Roxas, Sora served as another Keyblade Master conviently gathering hearts. So why was the Organization defeated?

The keyblade that Roxas used and the Keyblade that Sora once lost in Castle Oblivion are the same thing. Furthermore, these two both used the keyblade at the same time. This can be explained by the relationship between Roxas and Sora. Thus, they both can wield two keyblades, in fact, has an important meaning. This is also related to Xehanort's memories, but this point can't be touched on just yet.

Furthermore, from the time that the two were both using the keyblade at the same time, the Organization itself was using Sora for their ultimate goal. Soon enough, each of the Organization's expectations differed. By changing Sora and Roxas's movements, eventually they became unable to use Sora for their true meaning. As a result, Sora became an obstacle to the movements of the organization itself and he had to be defeated. But even if Sora were to be defeated, you could say there are other things to think about in making that sacrifice.
-- In the end Roxas is able use two keyblades. Is this because he now has Xion's?

Nomura: Well, it isn't that Roxas has physically inherited Xion's keyblade, but more that Xion has awakened it within Roxas. In the KH series there are a lot of complex reasons why someone can use a keyblade, but basically you need a "heart" to be able to wield one. So strictly speaking, they are being influenced by Sora. At the present I can't say more than that, since it would go into whether or not Roxas has a heart. And there is also a part that has to do with Xehanort's memories. This time there were connections to the Kingdom Hearts I secret movie, and the time will come when this will have a clear connection as well. You'll just have to ask me then.
Q4: Why can Roxas dual-wield?
A: Because he can use both Sora’s and Ventus’ keyblades.

Sora can wield two keyblades at once because he has Ventus’ as well as his own. As Roxas is a part of Sora, he also can use two. In Days Roxas awakened his ability to dual wield after fighting Xion. In KHII once Sora absorbs him, he can also dual-wield.

Roxas awakens his ability to dual-wield with his will to not forget Xion who also wielded a keyblade.
Simply put, for the majority of his life, Sora was the larger influence as Roxas was his nobody born from Sora's body&Soul and thanks to Kairi saving Sora and more or less giving him a new physical form they retained a strong connection.
Ventus on the other hand was dormant and could do little.

Wow, Gram. This is DEEP.

I honestly hadn't thought about Xemnas not using a Keyblade. It WOULD'VE been loads easier for him make Kingdom Hearts if he used his OWN Keyblade?

Maybe he was trying to stay undercover.
Or perhaps Eraqus and Terra have some kind of influence on him...?

Heck if he had a keyblade to use he wouldn't even need a kh. ;3
He's stated to have Terra memories along with MX but Eraqus isn't confirmed with anything it seems. owo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back