• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort League's Purpose Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Okay, after a bit of wondering, I think I've figured out why were seeing all of these defeated Xehanort-esque characters in the Realm of Sleep. At first, I wondered why would Young Xehanort want to bring back these people and why were did there have to be thirteen of them appearing. After reading the Nomura interviews, I believe that I found something interesting. You see, I found a quote by Nomura that basically says an interesting quote about Castle Oblivion, which is Ven's current location:

Question: Please confirm some things about Castle Oblivion. In the additional event “The Truth about the Chamber of Sleep”, you can gather from Xigbar and Zexion’s conversation that Castle Oblivion existed in the Inbetween Realm before the birth of the Organization. The Organization then found it and used it for experiments about memories and to look for the Chamber of Awakening, right?

Nomura: Yes. Since their conversation was about Marluxia’s entry, they discovered the Castle before that. In fact, its use, according to Secret Ansem Report 7, was for only 13 Organization Members. Naminé awoke in Castle Oblivion, but as she and Roxas were born at the same time, half of the Organization moved to the Castle.

I thought that it was quite weird how he basically stated that it was only for thirteen members when there are only thirteen members so far (Xion doesn't count) and basically only half were sent there. But then, I thought that perhaps thirteen people are somehow what's needed to undo the world's current status.

You see, this world is made up of thirteen floors going up and thirteen floors going down if you include the base floor for each. Also, keep in mind that this is a place that has a mysterious element to memories which has a VERY important connection to sleep, which is what the Chamber of Repose and Waking represent. Maybe having thirteen people in there would change it.

Also, keep in mind that these are all Xehanorts or people connected to Xehanort some physically (Possibly because they have pieces of his heart inside him due to the heart altering appearances). That basically makes all of them Keyblade Masters technically because they are all really Xehanort who is one. These thirteen entities might have the power to change the current position because of a Keyblade Master's ability as we all know the spectacular feats Master Xehanort is capable of. And it's not surprising that he knows this knowledge because his master probably passed this knowledge onto him. Since memories are tied to the heart, maybe the bit of Xehanort in each of them will conspire every floor to become Land of Departure the fore transforming it or something.

Now don't act like I'm saying this is correct because I could hardly understand this myself. But the whole purpose of this basically ties in perfectly and it's not surprising that Xemnas would name his Organization after the amount of people needed since he did implement X's in everybody's name due to that being the X-Blade's symbol. And yeah, there are a few holes. I don't blame you if you find this to not make sense or something and I'm not a big fan of this theory myself. This is more like something to think about rather than a prediction to be honest.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
The only big hole I can think of is that we have no confirmation that there are thirteen Xehanort-esque figures in DDD. So far, there's Ansem SoD, Xemnas, Master Xehanort and a character who looks like Young Master Xehanort. What forms would the other nine take? The other problem is that Ansem SoD can't use a Keyblade, so he's not a Keyblade Master, just a Keyblade Master's Heartless (although I understand that the relation is what you're aiming to convey).

I think the gist of the concept is probably on-track, but I don't see how it would work specific to this function. I also feel that translation may be mistaken somehow; Secret Ansem Report 7 doesn't really say anything to that affect. Maybe Nomura said it was only for six (since that's the number of Organization members positioned there), but the translator wrote down thirteen?

KevVentus

That's actually a pretty insightful theory.

But what would Xemnas have to gain from changing it back to LoD?

And are you suggesting Xehanort's trying to make 13 of himself, or however many in addition to the members of the org that have returned?

Crazy Mario

The only big hole I can think of is that we have no confirmation that there are thirteen Xehanort-esque figures in DDD. So far, there's Ansem SoD, Xemnas, Master Xehanort and a character who looks like Young Master Xehanort. What forms would the other nine take? The other problem is that Ansem SoD can't use a Keyblade, so he's not a Keyblade Master, just a Keyblade Master's Heartless (although I understand that the relation is what you're aiming to convey).

I think the gist of the concept is probably on-track, but I don't see how it would work specific to this function. I also feel that translation may be mistaken somehow; Secret Ansem Report 7 doesn't really say anything to that affect. Maybe Nomura said it was only for six (since that's the number of Organization members positioned there), but the translator wrote down thirteen?
You're forgetting that Vanitas and Braig are included in this group as their appearances show that they have ties to Master Xehanort and Braig was shown sitting in Where Nothing Gathers. And I'm willing to include Saix into that group since he bears the same connection. That makes seven in total, but with the possibility of AX or Terranort being included, that old upgrade to eight. Yeah, I know that there isn't a confirmation, but there has to be a reason why every being so far that's been shown with YX has a connestion to Xehanort. I don't really know anybody else who could fill in these roles, but there is always the chance new characters could be shown or even people we didn't know had that connection. It's a long shot, but it's possible. As for Secret Ansem's Report 7, you got me on that one. I have literally no idea how thirteen members ties into six. I think he was just showing a source that they were researching memories there and perhaps didn't elaborate more. I doubt it was a number error.
That's actually a pretty insightful theory.

But what would Xemnas have to gain from changing it back to LoD?

And are you suggesting Xehanort's trying to make 13 of himself, or however many in addition to the members of the org that have returned?
Ventus along with Kingdom Hearts. And with Vanitas on the team, he could likely just put them back together and get the X-Blade, along with having to get Sora of course since he holds his heart.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Just wanted to point out that only 12 cloaked figures were shown in the trailer.

thirteenpeople-1.jpg

But it's very likely that Sora could be considered the 13th.

Crazy Mario

Just wanted to point out that only 12 cloaked figures were shown in the trailer.

thirteenpeople-1.jpg

But it's very likely that Sora could be considered the 13th.
But you have to account for Braig shooting from above which could signify that he wasn't in that circle.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
But you have to account for Braig shooting from above which could signify that he wasn't in that circle.

I have, but I find it highly unlikely that he isn't among that group of 12. It more or less still fits with your theory to count Sora as the thirteenth which seems to be the symbolism from that scene anyway. Roxas was the 13th member of the Organization, Sora could be the 13th member of the "Xehanort" thing.

Crazy Mario

I have, but I find it highly unlikely that he isn't among that group of 12. It more or less still fits with your theory to count Sora as the thirteenth which seems to be the symbolism from that scene anyway. Roxas was the 13th member of the Organization, Sora could be the 13th member of the "Xehanort" thing.
That's true. However, if this theory proves to be correct, they just need Sora as the last ingredient to get the X-Blade as the whole point of this is to get Ventus and fuse him with Vanitas again. He doesn't specifically need to be a member.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The member thing was was a figure of speech.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I was pointing out that I wasn't suggesting Sora literally had to be a member of Xehanort's rag tag team.

Crazy Mario

I was pointing out that I wasn't suggesting Sora literally had to be a member of Xehanort's rag tag team.
How? There are clearly at least thirteen people sitting in Where Nothing Gathers. You were suggesting him as a possibility as one of those thirteen.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
How? There are clearly at least thirteen people sitting in Where Nothing Gathers. You were suggesting him as a possibility as one of those thirteen.

Oh my dear lord.

me said:
Sora could be the 13th member of the "Xehanort" thing.
you said:
He doesn't specifically need to be a member.
me said:
The member thing was was a figure of speech.
Do you see what I was saying now? I wasn't specifically saying Sora had to be a member because I said that my "member comment" was a figure of speech. But I was indeed insinuating that he would be incorporated as the thirteenth.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
And once again, something flies way over Crazy Mario's head~

Crazy Mario

Oh my dear lord.

Do you see what I was saying now? I wasn't specifically saying Sora had to be a member because I said that my "member comment" was a figure of speech. But I was indeed insinuating that he would be incorporated as the thirteenth.
But that's exactly what I mean. I didn't mean that you were saying he HAD to be one of them, I was just supporting my reasoning of why he wouldn't be one of them, but the former is still possible. that's all I meant. I didn't mean to make it seem that I was basically saying you were wrong or that he HAD to be the fourteenth included, official or not.

And Sign and Spockanort, thank you for your kind of wisdom. I'm pretty sure I got the gist of the situation (Hopefully).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Maybe the purpose of the "league" is to trap Sora, get out and obtain Kingdom Hearts.

I dunno, I guess the goal changed.

KevVentus

Kingdom Hearts DDD: The Organization Strikes Back?

This theory is plausible, but I'm not sure how much I like the idea of the "group of light" against the "group of dark"... How exactly would that play out in the next installment?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It being a group battle isn't completely impossible though as the heroes now nearly (if you dare count Kairi and Naminé, who are normally not combat types in) also have thirteen "members".

1. Sora
2. Riku
3. Mickey
4. Donald
5. Goofy
6. Xion
7. Roxas
8. Terra
9. Aqua
10. Ventus
11. Lea
12. Kairi?
13. Naminé?

Lol, just throwing some assumptions around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back