• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Would you erase your gaming memories?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Would erase all your memories of gaming?

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic-speed

I was browsing 4chan a minute ago and found this thread in /b/. It interested me, so I figured I would repost it in here.

Anonymous said:
Would you erase all you gaming memories /b/?

If you had the chance, would you? If you do this, you would be able to fully reenact all the games you have played if as you had never played the game before; think of playing all the classics and your favorites all over again for the very first time. Also, if you want, you can make a list of all the games that you should replay to make sure that you don't miss out on anything epic.

However, this would erase all your memories of games. Meaning, that you would lose your childhood memories that are associated with games; also, it may be difficult to replay some games for the first time (such as online games) if you go through with this.

So, would you erase your gaming memories to relive those legendary moments in games?

So, what do you think? I dont think I would. It would be great to relive all those great moments and games for the first time, I'm not sure I'd wanna give up all the memories I've already had.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
...I'm too lazy to look up no in 50 langauges.

I love replaying, even if I've beaten the game time and time again. They're fun games, doesn't matter if it's new.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
I loved playing my first video game. I loved playing N64 with my friends. Why would I want to forget those good times?

seinra

Never. Just think about all those times you got stuck on a level.....over.....and over....and over again. I HATE getting stuck on a level. If I was to lose all memories of gaming, I wouldn't be able to know about what to do. I would be stuck for eternity. So, like I said, no.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Nope, too fond of the memories. . .Even if the memories are of the game, just the people I've met while playing the game and playing games with friends. . .or hell even watching a few.

I would give up my memories for very little. . .trust me. . .

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
It depends.

Will I lose all the spare intelligence I've acummulated over the years of playing 'x' game?

...Because, I don't want to learn how to play Street Fighter properly again. Same goes for almost every other arcade game I know. (ESPECIALLY BEATMANIA.)

Shadukai X

Banned
No, I definately wouldn't do it. Gaming is a major part of my life. Especially Dance Dance Revolution. Without DDR, I wouldn't have meet my last two GF's, and never would of overcame my stage fright (showing off on DDR at the mall is fun >:3). Also, I would of never have found KHI, which is also, in a way special to me. It just wouldn't be worth it.

Keitaro Urashima

GET LADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hm....................hells yes

i would do it over and over just to feel that feeling that you have whenever you play a new game, tis a good feeling, i would.

ive never really had a memories of playing games other than playing them, so it wouldnt affect me much

The Jordan

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I'd love to expereince a lot of moments for the first time again. Shadow of the Colossus is a great one for this. The first time you bring the first one down and think "Yes! Yes! YES! I AM THE GIANT KILLER!!!"
Or the shock and amazement when you use some insanely powerful attack in a great RPG. Who can forget their first Omni-Slash or when FFX Bahamut unleashes twenty thousand damage with Mega Flare and you're all like "F*** me sideways! That was bigger than 9,999! In one hit!"
Or even things like the moment of realisation in MGS2 when it turns out Raiden was being played for the duration, or when Snake breaks his sneaking gear again near the end.

So many great gaming moments that only have the same effect once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back