• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Willy Wonka

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
In the old version, I didn't.
But the new version made it seem really unneccesary. It seemed more like Willy was taking out his horrible childhood on his guests, and not trying to teach them a lesson.

And Mike Teavee was such a cutie.

Eh, they were all little shits imo, in the classic version and the remake. But, in their defense, their parents were shitheads too. Again, this goes for both. I realize that that was the point; the parents were supposed to learn how to raise their children correctly, but it was still aggravating to watch fully grown adults that didn't have a clue.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I didn't really like the remake. I consider it another great childhood memory, ruined by Hollywood. Did they really need a backstory to Willy Wonka? The movie's supposed to be about Charlie, not Willy Wonka. Also, I didn't like the new, slighlty more realistic looking Oompa Loompas. The first one was far better.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Old version

I don't even plan to go near the new version cos Deppy looks too ghey in it... It ruins his look, IMO

Rix

:)
Awards
Well, I haven't seen the old one for years now, but I remember a little of it.. The two Wonkas are like two completely different characters so I do really find them hard to compare.. The old one is the one that is more true to the book, and the new one wasn't as I remember Wonka from the book at all. But I do still think that Depp did a funny and yet creepy character. And that worked in the new movies setting. And so am I a sucker for Tim Burtons style.

So in the end, I will choose both. I liked them both for different reasons.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Wilder, I just thought of him more as Willy Wonka then I would when watching the Johnny Depp version. Sorry Depp fans.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Warburton laid on the creepy vibe a little too much >_>
The original was the best IMO.

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
Okay, I just rewatched the new one. Too damn creepy. Don't get me wrong, creepy is good.

But Willy Wonka is about eccentricism, AKA Gene Wilder. Raise your hand if you even know who Raold Dahl is.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I think as an overall quality of entertainment that the new is better.

however I don't think that we can compare abilities between the two actors

Wilder's Wonka is vastly different from Depp's Wonka not because of the actor but because of the character that is written

This is purely a matter of personal character preference.

I can't really make a decision.

for innocence Wilder

for funny "moments"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back