• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Willy Wonka

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am Mr. T

Depp or Wilder? I like the old one better because he's actually funny. He's got more of an all knowing kind of charicteristic. He's also a nice guy with kind of a cynical sense of humor. Gene Wilder is awsome.

Frozen_Melody

I actually like both..

Though, since I "grew up" watching the older one, and looked forward to watching it every year-or-so when it was on tv, i'll go with that..

Yeah, pointless post, but what can you do.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I like both as well. Although I thought Depp was better at times and then when I watched with Gene Wilder at other times it was better. But I only really watch it cuz I'm more into Charlie. He's my favorite character there. I like Freddie as Charlie better though. But yeah, good movie, Willy Wonka is!

Wall-E

i gotta say gene wilder all the way, he is and always will be The willy wonka

besides jonny depp is and always will be Jack Sparrow

Savy? ^_^

Trag

Bronze Member
Gene Wilder was a brilliant Willy Wonka. Of course, I wish it was more to be about the book than a promotion of chocolate sales, but even still, I liked the old one better. Sorry, Johnny Depp.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
they both had their moments but I give the edge to Wilder, he seemed better to fit the part.

cl00sd

I liked the original Willy Wonka better than the New one so yeah Gene Wilder

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
The new Willy Wonka destroyed the old one in every way imaginable, and that includes Depp's presentation of Wonka =D

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
Gene Wilder played a much better Willy Wonka IMO.
I remember being particularily amused at his attempts to stop Mike Teevee
''Wait...stop *whatever*''
-
Depp's portrayal of the character was plain creepy.
and, like Wall-E said, he'll always be Captain Jack Sparrow to me XD

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
What, seriously?

I always thought that Wilder's portrayel was a lot creepier than Depp's. Johnny brought a kind of quirky charisma to the role that was there with Gene, but not in nearly as large doses :C

slinky

One Step at A Time
are you kidding? lol im not trying to be mean ohnestly soryy if i offended you i really didnt mean to. just about every word that came out of Depp's mouth was just creppy to me just how he said everything, he had that serial killer feeling to him to me just midly disturbing really *shivers*

C

calvinyou89

I liked the original Willy Wonka better than the New one so yeah Gene Wilder

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I loved Depp as Wonka. Gene was pretty cool too. But, Depp's version was more memorable imo. He was a sarcastic asshole to all those bratty kids, which I loved watching.

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
I actually like the new version of it. The origional seemed boring and repetitive to me. The Oompa Loompas sang basically the same song every time, and there was too much mystery behind Willy Wonka and everything, even what happened to the kids. In the second one, things were revieled like Wonka's past, how he met the Oompa Loompas, and we got to see the kids again. Depp gave Wonka an even crazier personality than before, and he was twisted in some ways. I just fell in love with the second where I could not in the first.

Depp has my vote.

Cissy

Bronze Member
Both.

The new one had a sort of twisted, fairy-tale like atmosphere, and it was more in-depth when it came to Wonka's past. However, the old one had a quirkiness to it that the new one couldn't match.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The old version, fer sure.
The new version was creepy, and Depp was a total molestor freakazoid. And the dendist part? WTF.
Plus, I felt sorry for the kids. Something you're not supposed to do.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
The old version, fer sure.
The new version was creepy, and Depp was a total molestor freakazoid. And the dendist part? WTF.
Plus, I felt sorry for the kids. Something you're not supposed to do.

How do you feel sorry for those little monsters?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
How do you feel sorry for those little monsters?
In the old version, I didn't.
But the new version made it seem really unneccesary. It seemed more like Willy was taking out his horrible childhood on his guests, and not trying to teach them a lesson.

And Mike Teavee was such a cutie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back