• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Sora, Riku, and Kairi Get New Outfits?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which playable characters and party members you like best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

julian14bernardi

Will there be new outfits for Sora, Riku and Kairi?

How would you like Sora and Riku's story:

Sora's Story: Sora, Donald and Goofy searches for seven guardians of light and "The Key to Return Hearts."

Riku's Story: Riku and King Mickey searches for previous Keyblade wielders.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: Sora and Riku's story/new outfits (also Kairi)

I think it's safe to assume they'll be getting new outfits. Also, you've made four topics already regarding playable characters and their storylines. Please keep it to one topic. :)

Sdog

Awards

Sora having a new outfit confirmed not too long after the announcement, I'm assuming both Riku and Kairi will get one as well.

julian14bernardi

I think it's safe to assume they'll be getting new outfits. Also, you've made four topics already regarding playable characters and their storylines. Please keep it to one topic. :)
Oh right sorry about that. New outfits is the new topic. Thank you you can vote either Sora, Riku or Kairi to be playable or all of the above.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I really want Donald and Goofy to wear their "royal knights" attire that they're seen in during the first cutscene of Disney Castle in KH1. I think that'd add to the magnitude of this last game, and make it feel like a real epic war.

Like these, except maybe a bit more revised:
175px-Goofy_KHREC.png

Donald_Duck_-_Kingdom_Hearts_Birth_by_Sleep_%26_Recoded_render.png

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I really want Donald and Goofy to wear their "royal knights" attire that they're seen in during the first cutscene of Disney Castle in KH1. I think that'd add to the magnitude of this last game, and make it feel like a real epic war.

Like these, except maybe a bit more revised:
175px-Goofy_KHREC.png

Donald_Duck_-_Kingdom_Hearts_Birth_by_Sleep_%26_Recoded_render.png

I second this. Yeah, I have always thought that the more casual attires donned by Donald and Goofy in KH, CoM, and KH2 are a poor choice considering the scale of the battle they have been engaged, and will engage, in. And then, in DDD where they essentially did nothing, they wore their "traditional", battle-ready outfits? That makes so much sense, thank you!

Besides, the more "traditional" attires have less zippers. We know we've got more than enough of zippers and straps. :p

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I just don't get the appeal with those outfits for Donald and Goofy, I prefer their KH/KH2 duds way more

Also hopefully the new outfits everybody will get will have less accessories, zippers are so 2006

AlbertJ

Awards
I hope that at the beginning of KH3, we get to play as Sora in his KH2 clothes which are now too small for him.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I just don't get the appeal with those outfits for Donald and Goofy, I prefer their KH/KH2 duds way more
I completely agree with this. None of their other outfits have worked for me, not even the outfits they wear in the cartoons fit in the games for whatever reason. I wouldn't mind something new, but I almost don't want them to mess with something that works. I'd rather them try to work out something for Mickey, since I haven't liked any of his clothes.

I like the idea of new outfits, but that’s always with the idea that the new outfits will actually look good… In KH2, I didn’t like any of the new clothes except Sora’s. Riku and Kairi looked pretty bad.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
It would be neat if they gave us an option to switch clothes into past or special designed clothes during the game or perhaps during a new game+.

Ruran

Awards
Something went very wrong with the designs in KH2 for some reason. Not only the clothes, but I found something off with Kairi and Riku's features. There was something off putting about them, but it was one of those things where I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's just me, but there seemed to be something odd about the faces, hair, and the bodies all together

Maybe it's the way Riku lurches instead of standing up straight and the way his hair covers his face. Maybe it's that Kairi's hair became a limp muddy brown or the way her face is shaped (I know for a fact that her anatomy is off, that's one thing I was able to pin point)

What ever it is, every time I see their models I can't help but think something is off. They just need a head to toe redesign.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Something went very wrong with the designs in KH2 for some reason. Not only the clothes, but I found something off with Kairi and Riku's features. There was something off putting about them, but it was one of those things where I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's just me, but there seemed to be something odd about the faces, hair, and the bodies all together

Maybe it's the way Riku lurches instead of standing up straight and the way his hair covers his face. Maybe it's that Kairi's hair became a limp muddy brown or the way her face is shaped (I know for a fact that her anatomy is off, that's one thing I was able to pin point)

What ever it is, every time I see their models I can't help but think something is off. They just need a head to toe redesign.

Same here. I always wondered how Kairi's hair is more brown in the game but somehow the artwork retains the same color from KH1 Kairi's both ingame render and artwork.

LJC

Hi guys, I always presumed that, with Nomura saying to expect a more 'mature' sora, that we were more or less guaranteed new outfits and that sora would be older? Or has he since said that it just means he's more mature in his mind?

Ruran

Awards
Hi guys, I always presumed that, with Nomura saying to expect a more 'mature' sora, that we were more or less guaranteed new outfits and that sora would be older? Or has he since said that it just means he's more mature in his mind?

Since KH3 couldn't take place much longer after the end of 3D, I presume Nomura meant emotionally and mentally. He'll be getting a new outfit regardless.

LJC

I agree but the time between kh 1 and kingdom hearts 2 was only a year, and yet both sora and riku looked much older. Do you not think the same could happen? Or has it been said that the war of 13 dark messes and 7 lights will more or less be right after the events of kh3? Because I presumed kh3 would skip to all the characters, eg kairi and lea all fully trained to use a key blade? And presumably that would be longer than a year?

Sdog

Awards
And presumably that would be longer than a year?

Sadly I don't think they have that much time, since the events of KH3 are set to transpire shortly after DDD. I've speculated Yensid putting Kairi n Lea through some KH-esque Hyperbolic time-chamber (Dragon Ball Z thing) to help move the process along. Of course I could be wrong, but looking how Xehanort was progressing along it looked like a year would be a bit of a luxury in terms of waiting.

Ruran

Awards
I agree but the time between kh 1 and kingdom hearts 2 was only a year, and yet both sora and riku looked much older. Do you not think the same could happen? Or has it been said that the war of 13 dark messes and 7 lights will more or less be right after the events of kh3? Because I presumed kh3 would skip to all the characters, eg kairi and lea all fully trained to use a key blade? And presumably that would be longer than a year?

It's a completely different set up. Where CoM ended with Sora having a good chunk of his memories removed and no overt impending doom, things could be handled more slowly. 3D ended with no such set up and MX is putting his plan into action right now. Like, RIGHT NOW, now. MX has almost all his pieces on the table already, while Sora and co. have to make a mad dash to find the missing Keyblade wielders, rescue the tormented ones, find the Key to Return Hearts, get Lea and Kairi decent enough training, etc in hopes that they're prepared enough. They're already really behind.

LJC

Yeah I think maybe your right. Yeah it is a shame though, it would be great to see them all grown up. You never know, we might get and epilogue of them all as adults, that leads to the next saga.... Fingers crossed.

Ruran

Awards
Nah, I like 'em as kids~

I think it works better considering the kind of work this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back