• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Sora get a restart?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
KH3D wasn't about getting stronger, really. And being level 1 isn't the same as not having the proper skills either. Aqua was a Master in BBS and started out at level 1, too. The point of the exam was to get new abilities needed to rescue those from sleep, which Sora proves, at the end of the game, to still have even if he is level 1 again.
I thought the thread was about if Sora should have a reason to go back to level one and becoming weaker, obviously he aint gonna start in level 100 or something stupid like that lol, just skimmed through the comments so maybe I misunderstood.
But yes, from the "good guys" perspective the point of 3D was to learn how to fight like true keyblade masters and not just powerful noobs (lol, so they were really god before as well but y'know what I mean though).
Did you read the rest of my comment because that's almost exactly what I said.

DoctahFaz

Awards
I don't think there needs to be a narrative explanation for a reset to Level 1 to begin KH3; it's a game. Maintain a few miscellaneous moves acquired in KH2 and go from there.

Anagram

Banned
I don't think there needs to be a narrative explanation for a reset to Level 1 to begin KH3; it's a game. Maintain a few miscellaneous moves acquired in KH2 and go from there.

This. I've always wondered why Nomura gives a reason for level 1 resets personally. Not that it wasn't neat to have in-story reasons, just a curiosity.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
well they did it for metroid prime so why not?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
This. I've always wondered why Nomura gives a reason for level 1 resets personally. Not that it wasn't neat to have in-story reasons, just a curiosity.
I think it was just from him primarily working on games like Final Fantasy, where each game has a new story and thus naturally starts at level 1, and now, tasked with creating a story that is ongoing, thinking he needs to have a story reason for it.

Anagram

Banned
I think it was just from him primarily working on games like Final Fantasy, where each game has a new story and thus naturally starts at level 1, and now, tasked with creating a story that is ongoing, thinking he needs to have a story reason for it.

Sounds reasonable. I wonder if he'll ever realize he doesn't need to. lol

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Sounds reasonable. I wonder if he'll ever realize he doesn't need to. lol
I'd prefer it if he keeps the strange little trend going. It's a small thing that not every video game series bothers with, and I don't mind whenever someone pays attention to storyline and gameplay integration.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It might also be simply another one of those "knacks" Nomura has in regards to the series, although the story-reason for "Level 1" was at least in BBS omitted as TAV all started on Level 1 despite them having been trained under Eraqus for years.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
Lvl. 1 Sora in KHII still moves faster than a lvl. 100 Sora in KHI (disregarding Super Glide). The same aplies for DDD>KHII.

Even though Sora starts at "level 1" in each game, gameplay-wise he still retains several of his abilities. Aside from KHI & II Dodge Roll has been an already learned abillity in each game, Square just has to make other such abilities permanent stables.
What if say Flowmotion was one such stable, it was overpowered in DDD, but if in KHIII Sora starts with only the dash off walls ability, he could gain "exp" through Flowmotion uses and "level up" to gain more abilities, similar to leveling Drive Forms in KHII.
Or start with some base level spells like others have siad, then if Sora should learn three tiers of those spells, we could have the -ja level spells introduced in KH.

That would be a level reset but he would still have powers greater than he had in KHII.

Morgenstern

Awards
It might also be simply another one of those "knacks" Nomura has in regards to the series, although the story-reason for "Level 1" was at least in BBS omitted as TAV all started on Level 1 despite them having been trained under Eraqus for years.

Not really, a lot of games tend to start off characters at Level 1 even if they had trained or was experienced in combat before-hand, a mild example being Dragon Quest VIII which had the protagonist starting out as a knight before the kingdom he works for is cursed and everyone else being turned into plants and such (exception being the royal family...in that they retain sapience). It's reasonable to assume that the years spend training might just be for basic skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back