• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will 2.5 get a PS4 release? Will 1.5 be ported to PS4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Now that we know that FFXV and KH3 will be PS4 exclusives it does beg the question if the HD remixes will make it to the next generation. With Backwards compatibility only being used for Gaikai and not being disc you would think Square Enix would be smart to release these titles for an up and coming console. It will practically make them extra money.

What do you guys think. Could it happen?

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
It wouldn't be wise for Squeenix to do that. Porting the collections over would require time, money, and resources all of which could easily used for KH III/other PS4 titles.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Not really. In essence it should be an easier port. I imagine they work on the game via PC. The PS4's architecture is very similar to PC's so it should be easier to port and render in a higher resolution too. Plus Nomura did say about getting the games all to one console didn't he? Now would be the time to do that. Also FUTURE TRINITY COLLECTION!! You know square will do that and it will be odd that a person gets two PS3 games and a PS4 and he can't play the other two on his PS4. These games have a high chance for PS4 ports

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
It's not out of the question, although I doubt it. Then again, Nomura goes gaga over such things and we could see a collection released just before KH3.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I think 2.5 will still be on PS3 because when you have the entirety of the game done and just need to port it to a different console it takes far less time than building a new one from the ground up.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I see 2.5 getting a PS3 release initially. But once Versus is done, and the Kingdom Hearts and Osaka team are both working on KH3, I don't see it as impossible for them to put a few members on the side to work on porting 1.5 and 2.5 to PS4 as one collection. And if Dream Drop Distance isn't included in 2.5, they could even add it into this PS4 collection.

Then with KH3's release there could be a Ultimate Collection of sorts with all 8 games! 8D

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
It wouldn't be wise for Squeenix to do that. Porting the collections over would require time, money, and resources all of which could easily used for KH III/other PS4 titles.
Arguably, it probably wouldn't take more resources than the HD remastering to begin with, and porting definitely takes less time than that.
I see 2.5 getting a PS3 release initially. But once Versus is done, and the Kingdom Hearts and Osaka team are both working on KH3, I don't see it as impossible for them to put a few members on the side to work on porting 1.5 and 2.5 to PS4 as one collection. And if Dream Drop Distance isn't included in 2.5, they could even add it into this PS4 collection.

Then with KH3's release there could be a Ultimate Collection of sorts with all 8 games! 8D
And they'd subject themselves to accusations of "money grubbing" by rereleasing the collections as one. I just don't see that as quite the case.

axel95

Awards
At this point, I'm somewhat concerned about there being a 2.5. I think it will still happen, but this is a question that needs to be brought up.

Wooly

I'm kind of looking for an answer on this too. I don't have a PS3, and have no plans to buy one this late in the console cycle. I feel like it would hurt Square/Sony just to release KH3 without making the HD Remixes at least downloadable through that cloud thing.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
The PS3 won't stop being relevant just because the PS4 is released. Many people will wait for the price to drop on the latter and since it's not backwards compatible in a physical sense they won't just all sell their PS3's. I think it's reasonable to expect the second collection coming next year to PS3 and gaikai.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I dont think we have to worry about 2.5 not being on ps3. It'd defeat the whole purpose of working the entire series (up to this point) on one console.
BUT I could see them, a long while from now, porting both to the ps4 as some sort of 'Xehanort saga collection' or something.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Nah, they won't be ported to PS4 when there's gaikai to emulate them.

Vəntus

Awards
Website
the-gapra-whitewood.tumblr.com
I doubt it, the whole point was to just move the games to a current console and the PS3 does just that. Maybe through the Gaikai cloud or maybe in a later released super-HD collection with all the games and 3D (Or not), but I think it's highly unlikely, as they would probably not sell well.

axel95

Awards
I just don't see it happening. The PS3 still has 3-5 years left. It wouldn't make sense from a financial standpoint because if the collections are already out for PS3, not too many people will buy them for PS4.

Gonzales95

Awards
I don't see either 1.5 or 2.5 being ported to PS4 in the near future, but perhaps once the saga is over they'll release the entire thing on PS4, kind of like Ubisoft have done previously with Assassin's Creed (though that wasn't porting them rather than just bundling them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back