• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why did Ansem have it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
I thought it was talking about Sora.
As did I.
When it was said to Ansem the Wise, I was dismayed a bit.
=\

I know which one she's talking about, but I don't know where to look either. It said Riku thought of home and he gave Kairi that Keyblade, or something to that gist. Ask Hades, he knows where all the interviews are.

Oh. Lol. My bad then.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
This time I'll fight...That was severely taken out of context. We all knew it implied Kairi getting a Keyblade, we just didn't expect it to be so lame.

I think, in a way, we all saw that one coming. I know I'm a broken record but I really dislike how they treated Kairi's character.
Someone I talked to said once and I agree with her - Kairi as a character suffered so she'd be a Safe, Clean, Pure Disney Princess they could put next to Sora in a Couple. That's about all she'll ever amount to, and them trying harder to make her into something she's not results in Riku sprouting petals and giving her a Keyblade :\

I personally lolled a bit how Namine is shown a bit in the Keyblade since the DI's ocean is symbolized by a wave, instead of, say, making both the sides of the... donno how to call it, handles around the main handle (? ) waves and sea. Instead it was a wave against the shore.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I think, in a way, we all saw that one coming. I know I'm a broken record but I really dislike how they treated Kairi's character.
Someone I talked to said once and I agree with her - Kairi as a character suffered so she'd be a Safe, Clean, Pure Disney Princess they could put next to Sora in a Couple. That's about all she'll ever amount to, and them trying harder to make her into something she's not results in Riku sprouting petals and giving her a Keyblade :\

I know. It's sad, but true.
Kairi is what I like to call "the token femal presence". She's only threre to keep all the yaoi fangirls at bay (though she isn't doing a very good job at that), and as a plot device. She has absolutely no personality, just the classic damsel in distress. And when they gave her that floral nightmare of a keyblade, I thought I'd puke.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I know. It's sad, but true.
Kairi is what I like to call "the token femal presence". She's only threre to keep all the yaoi fangirls at bay (though she isn't doing a very good job at that), and as a plot device. She has absolutely no personality, just the classic damsel in distress. And when they gave her that floral nightmare of a keyblade, I thought I'd puke.

It's ironic, but Kairi is part of the reason why so many fangirl flock to SoRiku.
It's either a long lasting relationship that's only based whenever the heck they possibly can whose story spanned three games, was shown from both sides (Reverse-Rebirth showed Riku's side nicely while Kairi gets no attention save for 'ya, I don't care about Riku but lol Sora come back home ;~;' ), makes for more plot developments in a single game than Kairi amounted to in all three (Namine excluded since she originally had her own plot unrelated to anything), and is logical since we see it all the time when it matters and not jus when it's the whole world at stake so Sora's gonna go after Riku, save all the worlds on the way, and oh btw Kairi, here's your Heart back ;)

or

A relationship that is based mostly on Disney's 'say so', gets zero chances to be developed since Kairi herself is almost never there (seriously, CoM based SoKai the best since it based SoNami and said SoKai is based on that, and Kairi wasn't there for Sora to ignore and abandon), and when we do get to see the girl, we learn she's a rather air-headed redhead with zero connection to the plot ("Riku can take care of himself ^_^", or "Sora's helpless without us, Riku!"), and is "too good" to give Riku the time of day.

There will always be the fangirls that are after Yaoi for the yaoi no matter what.
From experience though, those tend to flock to AkuRoku more.
SoRiku is just there in a marvelous manner (as "just" friendship as well, it's a beautiful relationship).
Most people would take that over SoKai any day not necessarily because it's yaoi - but because, compared with SoKai - it makes sense.

And I hereby log off and head on home and will stop spamming the thread. Thank you *bows*

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
What pissed me off is if Square continued the way they were supposed to, there would be no Akuroku.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Riku's Blade isnt a keyblade. Its a weapon he Obtained from whoever the hell knows (malificent?)
Way to the Dawn is a diffrent version of Souleater. I beileve souleater took on a transformation into a keyblade when riku defeated the darkness inside him (ansem) and learned to control it. (KH2)

Gabo

Way to the Dawn is a diffrent version of Souleater. I beileve souleater took on a transformation into a keyblade when riku defeated the darkness inside him (ansem) and learned to control it. (KH2)
Yes to the first part.
It used Soul Eater to take on the keyblade form.

No to the second.
Riku defeats X'Heartless in Com and is able to control it.
He is still wielding the Soul Eater in Land of Dragons.
It's kind of random when he gets it.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
A

Audo

But everyone is off topic. All i wanted to know was if anyone was "completely sure" why ansem could use Souleater. The keyblade question is just something for people to discuss.
The Soul Eater is just a sword/blade and is not a Keyblade. There is no reason why Xehanort shouldn't have been able to use it. Hell if Sora found it on the ground he could use it just the same. But to go into a bit further detail, Xehanort could use it simply because he was using Riku's body and what not.

we've all noticed that the heart unlocker has no keychain. The heart unlocker is artificial and the only one of its kind that has the power to unlock hearts.

The Soul Eater was just a sword in the beginning. It didn't develop into a keyblade until KH2, as for the how and why can only be guessed. Riku was supposed to be the original Keyblade Master, whatever powers he holds its most likely that he himself was able to craft the Souleater into a keyblade of its own, not too mention that he was able to duplicate a keyblade for Kairi momentarily. I believe that the powers of Riku may indeed be somewhat coming towards the status of the title Master, just that no one knows entirely yet
Mhm. Riku's cool. Yay. Though, the Kairi thing can be seen just like Dual wielding when you think about it, which lessens Riku's cool-factor since Sora and Roxas have already done it. Of course, none of them have a cool Keyblade AND a Girl-y one to make appear on cue. Go Riku, go!

well, one thing you guys should know. It is stated in a Nomura interview that Riku had nothing to do with Kairi`s keyblade at all. I suggest reading the interviews before commenting on things you don`t know about. And can someone tell me where it says Soul Eater ONLY is a sword?
I love this part, "I suggest reading the interviews before commenting on things you don't know about."
Yeah, it's already been stated in such interviews that Riku had everything to do with Kairi's keyblade.

No he didn't get it when Ansem took over his body. He had it in Traverse Town.
Right. Most likley Maleficent gave it to him.

ah, my bad, I thought you meant something else then. I don`t got the interview of Nomura here, but I will try to find it, give me some time. Ofc I know what dual wielding is. And if you look on the fight again, you see there is only one Oblivion troughout the whole fight between Roxas and Riku, and use your mind dude, would you GIVE your opponent a weapon? Thats plain stupidity
Well no one ever said Roxas was smart. But he was overwhelmed by Heartless and he gave Riku the Keyblade so he could help him - which he did - before hitting up each other. And of course there was only one Oblivion throughout, no one duplicates/dual wields the same Keyblade-Keychain combo. There is only on Oblivion, just like there is only one OathKeeper.

In the game it didn't say nowhere or stated that riku created kairi's keyblade. He just gave it to her for her to use ,at that very momment.
Of course it didn't say that - in game. In game it doesn't say anything on it, he just randomly gives her the Keyblade. Of course, in Nomura interviews he goes into a bit more detail on it, yet still keeping the finer details secret, most likely to be revealed in BBS or KH3.

Riku thought of home and the girly Keyblade appeared. That's what happened.

There, the problem is solved.
Right. I believe that is the explanation from the Novels.

IMO, Kairi only even got the keyblade for a split second to make one of the quotes at the end of KH1 true.
"This time I'll fight"
Mhm. True dat.

One of his mysterious interviews that must only be exclusive to you?
I love when people on here do that.
Oh me too, xD.

I know which one she's talking about, but I don't know where to look either. It said Riku thought of home and he gave Kairi that Keyblade, or something to that gist. Ask Hades, he knows where all the interviews are.
It's from the novels, I believe.

This time I'll fight...That was severely taken out of context. We all knew it implied Kairi getting a Keyblade, we just didn't expect it to be so lame.
Right. We all knew that. I expected it to be a bit more epic. I also expected her to say it earlier on and then she would've gone bad-ass in KH2 instead of the stupid Damsel-In-Distress. Shame on you, Scenario Writer Who's Name I Can't Recall.
Ah well.

I thought it was talking about Sora.
I think a lot of us did.
In DD, that line is paired with the line "We have come for you, my liege"
And then later there are a string of comments which could lead one to believe the liege = Sora.
"Sora?"/"Sora... why?"/"Your Highness, but why?"

It just points to Sora = Highness = Leige = Source of All Heartless. IMO anyways...

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Back on topic, since Maleficent gave Riku the Soul Eater, then Ansem SoD was able to weild it simply because he used Riku as a host. Still, that doesn't explain why DS has the Soul Eater eye on his keyblade.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Back on topic, since Maleficent gave Riku the Soul Eater, then Ansem SoD was able to weild it simply because he used Riku as a host. Still, that doesn't explain why DS has the Soul Eater eye on his keyblade.

Well, I think that would connect to the question of 'where the heck did Ansem SoD pop up from and whether or not Maleficent knew about him :O If he had a hand in the matter it all makes sense, seeing how Riku in KH1 was brought to be like DS.

A

Audo

I think it is just a similar art style for "Dark Weapons/Clothing". I mean, the dark suits look similar too. -=/

Gabo

I think it is just a similar art style for "Dark Weapons/Clothing". I mean, the dark suits look similar too. -=/

I agree
Mostly to reenforce the parallel to Riku too, I'd think.

15th member

WTF!It was a keyblade! It has the ability to get hearts! he will try to use it to kill Sora to release
Kairi's heart that was apparently with Sora's! But I dont know how the hell kairi's heart was in Sora's.Riku become good in KH2 that's why he has a keyblade now

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
WTF!It was a keyblade! It has the ability to get hearts! he will try to use it to kill Sora to release
Kairi's heart that was apparently with Sora's! But I dont know how the hell kairi's heart was in Sora's.Riku become good in KH2 that's why he has a keyblade now

... *deep breath*

Riku had three weapons.
One is the Soul Eater from KH1. That is not a Keyblade.
Two is the Heart-releasing Keyblade. That is yes a Keyblade that was formed from the PoH's Hearts in order to release Kairi's.
Third is Way to Dawn, also a yes Keyblade.

Kairi's Heart moved into Sora's body when the Islands disappeared and she flew through him, via connection of PoH and KM.

And Sora wouldn't die from having the black Keyblade used on him. Fact - he didn't. Death occurs when the Soul leaves the Body, not the Heart.

The reason Riku has a Keyblade now isn't because he's good, necessarily, but because he overcame his own Heart's weakness and managed to tap into his Keyblade-Wielding potential on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back