• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who trained Yen Sid?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soranort

I know this isnt KH3 related but i have always wondered who trained yen sid as he was a keyblade master at one point?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Who trained yen sid ?

It's most likely the same Master who trained Eraqus and Xehanort. It was said at one point Yen Sid's relationship with the two of them was that of schoolmates, so it's safe to assume he was part of the same generation of apprentices.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

It's most likely the same Master who trained Eraqus and Xehanort. It was said at one point Yen Sid's relationship with the two of them was that of schoolmates, so it's safe to assume he was part of the same generation of apprentices.
So, Luxu or the Master of Masters trained Yen Sid?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Well, not exactly. As far as we know, Luxu was just the first possessor of No Name that started the whole cycle, but it's been hinted that some generations have passed since then, so the enigmatic Master of Eraqus and co. should just be the next nameless dude who got No Name in the cycle.

That is if Nomura doesn't decide to pull another twist out of nowhere, of course.

Really? does anybody have the quote for this to back the statement up?

I am pretty sure I've read that somewhere, but I could be wrong.

Still, in 0.2 it does say that he trained alongside them.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Where do you get that idea from?
The MoM and Luxu existed way before Yen Sid, Eraqus or Xehanort were even born.

Really? does anybody have the quote for this to back the statement up?

You can easily look it up yourself as it is a speech bubble statement in BBS.
Just visit the Mysterious Tower in Terra's story after his first visit there and let Terra talk to Yen Sid.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

You can easily look it up yourself as it is a speech bubble statement in BBS.
Just visit the Mysterious Tower in Terra's story after his first visit there and let Terra talk to Yen Sid.

Oh cool, so that's what it was.
I confess I just read that from others, so I had no idea how to get it in-game.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

The "proof" isn't substantial at all. Yen Sid mentions they walked the path together, but that doesn't necessarily mean they trained together under the same Master. The reports go a bit more in-depth about Xehanort and Eraqus's relationship as brother apprentices but never mention Yen Sid as a trainee. I'm of the belief that they weren't trained together.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

The "proof" isn't substantial at all. Yen Sid mentions they walked the path together, but that doesn't necessarily mean they trained together under the same Master. The reports go a bit more in-depth about Xehanort and Eraqus's relationship as brother apprentices but never mention Yen Sid as a trainee. I'm of the belief that they weren't trained together.

I mean, 0.2 does say this in his character bio

A powerful magician and former Keyblade Master. He once trained alongside Masters Eraqus and Xehanort. He retreated to his Mysterious Tower after Eraqus' demise and Xehanort's betrayal.

At least I think. It's on KHInsider's database

Soranort

I wonder if they would ever tell you its a mystery haha

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

0.2 doesn't have character bios, we write the character bios you see on the site.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

0.2 doesn't have character bios, we write the character bios you see on the site.

Oh, I see, haha.
I have played 0.2 so few times I didn't even remember the menu layout.

Nevermind all that then. I still personally believe he was a fellow apprentice, but there's less proof of that now.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Probably Walt Disney at this rate.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

Some dude trained both Xehanort and Eraqus at the same time, while some dude trained Yen Sid separately but at about the same time.

In short, some guy trained him. Just. Some. Guy.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

If anything I think Yen Sid could be a few decades older than both Eraqus and Xehanort.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

I think their name was Master The Precepts, Eraqus mentioned them /s.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

We're even assuming Yen Sid had a Master. It's possible he self-trained himself out of trial and error.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

If anything I think Yen Sid could be a few decades older than both Eraqus and Xehanort.

I've always found this interesting, some people believe Xehanort and Eraqus to be younger than what I perceive them to be (especially those who keep the "Master Xehanort and Ansem the Wise are like Vanitas and Ventus" theory alive, claiming he and Ansem are roughly the same age)

If anything, Xehanort has always looked like the oldest of the trio to me.

We're even assuming Yen Sid had a Master. It's possible he self-trained himself out of trial and error.

This... would explain so much, actually.

But who dubbed him Master then?
Come to think of it, the way the Keyblade Order works you cannot be a Master without one recognizing you as such, huh.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I've always found this interesting, some people believe Xehanort and Eraqus to be younger than what I perceive them to be (especially those who keep the "Master Xehanort and Ansem the Wise are like Vanitas and Ventus" theory alive, claiming he and Ansem are roughly the same age)

If anything, Xehanort has always looked like the oldest of the trio to me.

This... would explain so much, actually.

But who dubbed him Master then?
Come to think of it, the way the Keyblade Order works you cannot be a Master without one recognizing you as such, huh.

Maybe he trained himself up to the Master level, the same way Sora and Riku did. Perhaps his colleagues (Eraqus and Xehanort) declared him one, or perhaps their Master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back