• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who trained Yen Sid?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 235902

Re: Who trained yen sid ?

I'd say Yen Sid was either trained by the same Keyblade Master who trained Eraqus and Xehanort, or a Keyblade Master who knew that Keyblade Master.

92bad1cc6cb94d72c2cd78fe5558cba9.jpg

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

We're even assuming Yen Sid had a Master. It's possible he self-trained himself out of trial and error.

Wouldn't be a stretch. Sora and Riku were doing pretty well doing just that, until Yen Sid decided to make them undergo the events of DDD. If you kept getting stronger and kept learning, I'm sure at some point you'd reach a tier of Master. It'd just take you much longer via DiY methods, rather than learning from an experienced individual.

Though I'm willing to bet he also had a Master. He probably didn't have the same Master as Eraqus and Xehanort, but he probably was active as a wielder back when they had started out, so it's possible that they've joined up now and again in the past. Their Masters may even know each other, if we assume that Yen Sid wasn't under the same teacher.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I've always found this interesting, some people believe Xehanort and Eraqus to be younger than what I perceive them to be (especially those who keep the "Master Xehanort and Ansem the Wise are like Vanitas and Ventus" theory alive, claiming he and Ansem are roughly the same age)

But who dubbed him Master then?
Come to think of it, the way the Keyblade Order works you cannot be a Master without one recognizing you as such, huh.

This is actually a theory circulating around?
Really? MX and Ansem the Wise?
Jeez, I dunno what I should think about this one as I can clearly see no possible indication towards it anywhere, yet I don't dare to immediately put it into the same category as "Aerith is a secret Princess of Heart while Kairi isn't really one at all".

Well, to be officially dubbed Master he had to tackle the Mark of Mastery at least once and that exam has to be presided over by an already existing true Keyblade Master.

When speaking in official terms yes, that's true, although I also think it possible for any conceited powerful wielders being able to claim themselves to be Masters despite not officially recognized as such.
It seems that by Eraqus', Xehanort's and Yen Sid's time Keyblade Wielders in general were already scarce (Xehanort mentions in the BBS reports he knows maybe about a "handful" outside his own circle) though so somebody claiming to be a Master without having officially bestowed the title upon them would have reached the ears of the official wielders rather quick.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

Jeez, I dunno what I should think about this one as I can clearly see no possible indication towards it anywhere, yet I don't dare to immediately put it into the same category as "Aerith is a secret Princess of Heart while Kairi isn't really one at all".

*snorts so loud he breaks the sound barrier*

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

This is actually a theory circulating around?
Really? MX and Ansem the Wise?

It actually is. Started as an english one, and somehow never left even huge parts of the italian fandom for some reason.
What sparked it was that Ansem the Wise and Master Xehanort have the same eyes colour.
The fact that A) They really don't and B) Ventus and Vanitas themselves don't share eyes colour is saying plenty about the thought process.

Ah, Princess Aerith will always take the cake. She was just so princess-y.

Well, to be officially dubbed Master he had to tackle the Mark of Mastery at least once and that exam has to be presided over by an already existing true Keyblade Master.

When speaking in official terms yes, that's true, although I also think it possible for any conceited powerful wielders being able to claim themselves to be Masters despite not officially recognized as such.
It seems that by Eraqus', Xehanort's and Yen Sid's time Keyblade Wielders in general were already scarce (Xehanort mentions in the BBS reports he knows maybe about a "handful" outside his own circle) though so somebody claiming to be a Master without having officially bestowed the title upon them would have reached the ears of the official wielders rather quick.

Yeah, people just claiming to be Masters would definitely be a thing, especially since (as far as we know) the entire Order of Keyblade wielders was born when the only really knowledgeable person dubbed five-six dudes Masters, but was also the same kinda guy that probably predicted all the cataclysmic effing up those five would've done, so who's to say he didn't Master Xehanorted them into thinking they were fit Masters even if they were not.

And even if they were, the only inheritance they left so far are five teens chosen by the same morally ambiguous person. Did I say five? I meant four and at least one potential killer.
So really, when you think about it what good the precepts even are at this point. Hilariously enough Master Xehanort and Eraqus might be the only "true" known Masters since the X era, given they come from the last inheritor of No Name hence Luxu/MoM's separate lineage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back