• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who thinks KH should have random encounters??

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I'm not bitching, but Reno/Axel is ignoring the question.
They're offline.

There's nothing stratigic with KH battles, i beat heartless and nobodies in 2 or 3 hits.
Then you play different. Half the fun of having KH battles in the area you explore is so you can use the surroundings to your advantage. If the games switch to COM random encounters that stick you in a square arena, then there's no strategy at all but hack and slash. COM made up for that with it's cards, but combine the encounters from that game and the combat system from any other KH game and you have something even easier than KH2.

Takuya

freedom fighter, patriot
Awards
In my bedroom sitting on my bed. I may pick up a b
I think it would be more realistic if you can see the monsters/heartless and where they're going. By realistic I'm going with "as if real life = Kingdom Hearts." I think I'd be able to see at least one heartless moving right in front of me.

KH already dose that

YouGotMeFuckedUp.gif

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
I don't have the slightest idea as to how that would make the battling more realistic.

Well the point is to explore the world and how KH is now you have the exploration but you (to me) have the lement of surprise anymore and isnt that what exploration is about?
I mean I want to step out in an unknown place and find tons of random things and not have preset fights.

like can't take two steps without a battle starting random encounter? If thats what you mean then thats a terrible idea.

Not only does this make it more unique but it also give you better leveling chances if you ask me. This way you can KEEP fighting enemies back to back int he same area without going to different destinations to find them.

The way it is now lends far more strategic elements. Yes random encounters may give it more of a classic RPG feel, but KH is an ACTION RPG made during a time when few games stick with the old ways and the combat should stay how it is.

Kh is far from strategic you guys have been known to complain about how you could spam X and get through the game well with random encounters they could edit the battle system to allow for way more things.
I never said drop the real time but make it where you randomly get attacked.
Like for instance when an enemy attacks you you can get stunned and or stun them and get a battle advantage. Thats why more strategic than what we have now.

It's even less realistic, if you ask me. What I'd like, however, would be if the Heartless didn't show up in the same area all the time. That would keep you on your toes.

Well thats where better AI comes in buddy.

random encounters would kill the exploring!!!
SAY NO TO RANDOM ENCOUNTERS ON THE KH SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND ITS REALISTIC ENOUGH THE WAY IT IS.
and yes i feel this strongly about it^^

Contradiction random encounters help exploration it gives the surprise factor as if you really were exploring if you explore you shouldnt know whats coming ALL the time.

Actually, only one thing is keeping me from agreeing with you. I understand what you mean, but it's very convenient to know where heartless will pop up when one is level-grinding.

I dont know if you mean with the current system but with random encounters you knw youll run into something you want.
Further more it alots for more diversed heartless or whatever say you got two weak ones then theyd throw in a strong one too.

personally, i think it's not a good idea for a KH game.... that was the one thing that annoyed me in COM (i actually thought the card system was OK...)

Reason?

Um, no, that's what FF is for.

And FF isnt just a oone button show is it?

Chad92

No! What's the point of interrupting the game,waiting for the screen to go into battle mode and then fight? In a KH game,it doesn't work.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
It's part of KH's gameplay that there aren't random encounters. They could change that, but it kind of ruins the point of it being an action-RPG. Keep it as is, or do it like FFXII, nothing else, because you shouldn't have to or need to transition from walking around to fighting. They should be kept as the same thing.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
No! What's the point of interrupting the game,waiting for the screen to go into battle mode and then fight? In a KH game,it doesn't work.

I guess thats why CoM got a remake eh?
I guess thats why CoM to some is the best game and took the most brain power?
>_>

Lol because to be honest CoM kept more engaged than KH OR KH 2

Chad92

I guess thats why CoM got a remake eh?
I guess thats why CoM to some is the best game and took the most brain power?
>_>

Lol because to be honest CoM kept more engaged than KH OR KH 2

Yes,but I'm talking about the main KH games where you don't use cards.I mean really,in KH,you walk around,Heartless pop up,you beat em,you move on.Again,why would you need random encounters in this kind of game?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I honestly loathe and despise the idea. It defeats the purpose of KH to begin with. Transferring from one room to another REALLY slowed Re:CoM's pace down.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
I think it would ruin the game. Because that would likely mean it was a turn based game. And if it wasn't turn based, it would be just unnecessary.

CoM only did it because it didn't have the capabilities of better platforms.
Re:CoM only did it because CoM did.

FantasyKing

Leave the random encounters to the FF franchise... oh wait even FF is discarding random encounters now!!! Hurray!!! Never liked how the monsters appear out of the sudden of nowhere... More realistic as Kingdom Hearts is...

RoarShark

Random Encounters would almost ruin the series, Random Encounters are why I hate Pokemon games.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I think that half of the game time of CoM was spent on screens inbetween rendom encounters. That's been my only problem with CoM, as it doesn't work well with the style of game that Kingdom Hearts is.

No

Chad92

I think that half of the game time of CoM was spent on screens inbetween rendom encounters. That's been my only problem with CoM, as it doesn't work well with the style of game that Kingdom Hearts is.

No

By the way,CoM wasn't really random encounters either.You can't control random encounters.With CoM,you decide if you want to fight or run.

But if your talking about the transitions into battle,then yeah,that sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back