• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which Disney character should have a keyblade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aws

Awards
The Keyblade is SUPPOSED to be a powerful unique weapon, and if ANY CHARACTER can get one, then it would undermine Sora's uniqueness, I think NO DISNEY CHARACTER should have a keyblade, other than Yen Sid and King Mickey since they already have/had one.

Anyway, The Disney characters in KH don't even know about the existence of other worlds (Ariel and King Triton excluded) So how would they have a keyblade if they can't really leave their worlds.

If Keyblades become the Pistols of Kingdom Hearts I'm not playing any new releases.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It has been confirmed in the Ultimania of the very first Kingdom Hearts already that there are several Keyblade Masters, so there is no "uniqueness" of Sora that could be undermined, actually.

---

As for Disney characters getting a Keyblade, not looking at what would be cool or funny, but at who could be qualified enough to wield one from what we have seen so far with original characters, I'd say that probable candidates include Prince Philip, Mulan, Captain Li Shang, Hercules and Prince Adam (the Beast).

Gram

Banned
Awards
The Keyblade is SUPPOSED to be a powerful unique weapon, and if ANY CHARACTER can get one, then it would undermine Sora's uniqueness, I think NO DISNEY CHARACTER should have a keyblade, other than Yen Sid and King Mickey since they already have/had one.

Anyway, The Disney characters in KH don't even know about the existence of other worlds (Ariel and King Triton excluded) So how would they have a keyblade if they can't really leave their worlds.

If Keyblades become the Pistols of Kingdom Hearts I'm not playing any new releases.

You do realize this is a "what if" topic right? Nobody, that I know of, actually wants to see keyblades popping up in everyone's hands.

blksabbath74

Personally, I don't think any Disney characters should use keyblades (besides Mickey). I understand this is hypothetical, but even hypothetically, I'd much rather watch the Disney characters fight as they did in the movie, using their actual skills, they all just getting a sword. I mean, Hercules' brute strength, Ariel's bag of tricks, Beast's hand to hand combat, Flynn's pan, Aladdin's sword, Peter Pan's dagger? All that stuff would be gone if you just gave everyone a keyblade and I wouldn't enjoy it as much.

Agree completely...we don't need to be handing them out like candy, and an exceptional character isn't going to be improved by the inclusion of a keyblade.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Agree completely...we don't need to be handing them out like candy, and an exceptional character isn't going to be improved by the inclusion of a keyblade.

Except they have made candies of Keyblades. With the inclusion of other Keyblade wielders such as Riku, Kairi, TAV, Eraqus, Xehanort, and Vanitas as well as the information gathered from the games that many others in the past were wielders, we were brought to realisation that Keyblades aren't exclusive to Sora and Mickey. Though they might be rare, their number is by no means few, evident from the field of "dead" Keyblades in Keyblade Graveyard.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Except they have made candies of Keyblades. With the inclusion of other Keyblade wielders such as Riku, Kairi, TAV, Eraqus, Xehanort, and Vanitas as well as the information gathered from the games that many others in the past were wielders, we were brought to realisation that Keyblades aren't exclusive to Sora and Mickey. Though they might be rare, their number is by no means few, evident from the field of "dead" Keyblades in Keyblade Graveyard.

To be fair we've always known there was others since kh1 but yes I do agree that they've really killed it's specialty factor with recent games.

x37rnu4

Awards
On the other hand, I've finally put two and two together and realized how King Triton knew about the Keyblade in the first game (something that's bothered me forever and now I feel so slow for barely realizing, goodness gracious).

I don't have anyone specific in mind to have a Keyblade, but at this point, I wouldn't be too bothered be the appearances of more of them. I was as snippy as any other with the sudden emergence of "You get a Keyblade and YOU get a Keyblade", but I know the main idea of the series (or this saga) has branched out a bit beyond the "uniqueness" of possessing a Keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back