• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's your favorite Mini game in BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
In general I liked all the mini games in BBS, even if Fruit Ball was sometimes a bit draining because of the weird behaviour of some "fruits" and Chip n' Dale being so small you couldn't see what they are doing ;).

Ice-cream beat and Rumble Racing had a sort of learning curve but that was ok and after you get the gist it becomes fun as well.
Especially the last castle-course gets really funny once you know how to take turns properly.

The most fun and addicting is however certainly the command board, with enough additional boards and characters to play it could actually become a game for itself.
Mirage Arena was practically nothing but the Coliseum tournaments in a new Star Wars/Star Trek-like environment and the inability to pause the action became a real annoyance sometimes.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
In general I liked all the mini games in BBS, even if Fruit Ball was sometimes a bit draining because of the weird behaviour of some "fruits" and Chip n' Dale being so small you couldn't see what they are doing ;).

Ice-cream beat and Rumble Racing had a sort of learning curve but that was ok and after you get the gist it becomes fun as well.
Especially the last castle-course gets really funny once you know how to take turns properly.

The most fun and addicting is however certainly the command board, with enough additional boards and characters to play it could actually become a game for itself.
Mirage Arena was practically nothing but the Coliseum tournaments in a new Star Wars/Star Trek-like environment and the inability to pause the action became a real annoyance sometimes.

If I recall correctly, the Command Boards were inspired by the Itadaki Street series of games.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
They were indeed inspired by them :) I forgot where it was stated, but I remember reading how it was based off a popular Japanese board game.

From what I recall, it's a series that has Dragon Quest characters playing with either the Final Fantasy cast or the Mario cast (yes, you read that right). In fact, one of these games actually made it to the U.S. when all the others didn't under the title Fortune Street. If any of you are familiar with The Runaway Guys, they have been doing certain boards for their collaborative Let's Plays:

[video=youtube;gxCPbHWCujI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxCPbHWCujI&list=PLQ-nEMx5LgUlwuSC7FA7e8ZlwHnaGbjkf&index=21[/video]

Antar

Awards
First Place: Command Boards
Second Place: Mirage Arena
Third Place: Ice Cream Beats
Fourth Place: Rumble Racing
Go away and Die Place: Fruit Ball

I just hate fruitball, it's such a hassle, and I don't see why people hate Ice Cream Beats, it was actually pretty fun and challenging.

ZMP

Mine had to be ice cream beat....the only time I am able to stand the small world music:tongue:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
First Place: Command Boards
Second Place: Mirage Arena
Third Place: Ice Cream Beats
Fourth Place: Rumble Racing
Go away and Die Place: Fruit Ball

I just hate fruitball, it's such a hassle, and I don't see why people hate Ice Cream Beats, it was actually pretty fun and challenging.

For me, it was because the timing for the game was godawful. The buttons were incredibly unresponsive during that mini-game which led me to believe that either the timing needed was unnecessarily wonky or my button inputs were delayed. Since I know for a fact that it's not the former, this leads to the conclusion that the timing is downright unfair.

Come to think of it, the button input delay was present in Yuna's EX attack in Dissidia Duodecim as well...

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
My favorite was Ice Cream Beat. I was always very good at beating my own high scores each and every time, plus I liked how it included previous games music to play along with.

Kinsei

The command board. I spent hours playing it online through Ad-hoc Party. I really hope they add online to 2.5 so I can spend even more time playing it. As for Disney Town mini-games, I'm in the minority and absolutely love Ice Cream Beat. I love rhythm games, so maybe that's why.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
I can already predict that Ice Cream Beat will almost consistently take the bottom place.

But I beg to differ. I actually liked Ice Cream Beat more than the other two, and Fruitball would be the one that takes the bottom spot for me. That's probably because I'm slightly more musically oriented than most people.

Give me Ice Cream Beat!!! I LOVE this game. I sat there for hours trying to get Triple Scoop and Frozen Fortune every playthrough. I HATE Fruitball with a passion as any character but Terra. Terra's long reach made it easier. Still the bottom game though.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Games Ranked in order of like and rating on the fun-o-meter.

1. Ice Cream Beat - Best Thing Ever! Mini-Rythym Game!
2. Command Board - All the bonus commands!
3. Rumble Racing - Let's Get Ready to RUMBLE!!!
4. Pete's Pinball Machine - Whee!
5. Fruitball - Worst Minigame in the entire franchise.

Pisceanreve

That goddamn rhythm game.... I had to have a friend beat it for me each time -_-

morgancb35

The command board was my favorite. I won played that mini game so many times it's unreal!

Anthony12KH

Just thinking that Im going to have to go through the Ice Cream Beat game in 2.5 is scaring me. lol Anyway, my favorite minigame is the Rumble racing or as I call it, Kingdom Kartz.

MegaCore5

Awards
Disney racing is my favorite mini game and on second the ice cream rhythm game was fun to! Although sometimes it was hard to clap to the beat and I a lost a lot of the time. I love playing it a small world over and over again :D

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
That goddamn rhythm game.... I had to have a friend beat it for me each time -_-

Ugh. I know exactly how you feel. I almost rage-quit because the timing for it was so bizarre.

Just thinking that Im going to have to go through the Ice Cream Beat game in 2.5 is scaring me. lol Anyway, my favorite minigame is the Rumble racing or as I call it, Kingdom Kartz.

KINGDOM KARTZ!!! FILL ME! WITH THE POWER OF DRIFTING! SUPREME DRIFTING!

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I actually never even touched the command board. Was I missing out?

I really wasn't fond of any of the mini games. I guess if I had to choose, I'd choose rumble racing.

The best mini game in any game EVER was Mesal Gear Solid in Ape Escape 3.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I actually never even touched the command board. Was I missing out?

I really wasn't fond of any of the mini games. I guess if I had to choose, I'd choose rumble racing.

The best mini game in any game EVER was Mesal Gear Solid in Ape Escape 3.

The Command Board is kind of an you either hate it or love it kind of thing. Although, it's worth it to get commands early (you can get top tier commands before even finishing the first world) and it has exclusive Shot Locks.

It really depends on how much you like board games.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think a good deal of liking or disliking the Command Board also depends on which board you play. *cougCinderellacheats*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back