• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Xion IS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

=/

My point was that it makes as much sense as any of them do right now.

The Sea Goddess thing is trying to make a weak connection, that's why I was saying the Alkaline reference. I mean, Nomura basing Xion's original name off of Ino, who is a normal person, who becomes Leucothea, who is a Sea Goddess. Too much of a stretch.

Nio
Ino
Ion
Noi
Oni
Oin

They're really all likely to some extent.
I find it less of a stress than the Alkaline Water thing =/
Not that it matters, but who's to say Nomura even came up with the name?
Either way, If the connection to Kairi is actually true, I see her name having more of a water meaning.
But of course nothing is overly set in stone or anything like that, I just find Ino more logical right now - to me though.

KCDjedi

=/

My point was that it makes as much sense as any of them do right now.

The Sea Goddess thing is trying to make a weak connection, that's why I was saying the Alkaline reference. I mean, Nomura basing Xion's original name off of Ino, who is a normal person, who becomes Leucothea, who is a Sea Goddess. Too much of a stretch.

Nio
Ino
Ion
Noi
Oni
Oin

They're really all likely to some extent.
Has the meaning of a name been important in the games themselves at all?

If you think about it, though, it makes sense for it to be Ino because she's no longer Ino, but has changed into a different person. Rather like the change into a goddess.

And to the person who said Namine's name is off..... Namine means Ocean Wave or something like that in Japanese.... she's a "wave off of the sea" that is Kairi.

A

Audo

Not yet, though Nomura has stated that they do have an importance, and that will be a focus of BBS.

And to the person who said Namine's name is off..... Namine means Ocean Wave or something like that in Japanese.... she's a "wave off of the sea" that is Kairi.
Wave. The sea(Kairi) trying to reach the sky(Sora).

Awards
I dunno about Oin... XD

Hah, you never know.

I find it less of a stress than the Alkaline Water thing =/

There's plenty of stress in the Sea Goddess name. Ino is indirectly related to the Sea Goddess, not an actual name for it. And so far names have been concerned with more general terms like Sky, Earth, etc, over something specific like Sea Goddess.

If you think about it, though, it makes sense for it to be Ino because she's no longer Ino, but has changed into a different person. Rather like the change into a goddess.

The names for TAV will be important in their meaning as Nomura said.

Ino was not a goddess, she was a mortal.

KCDjedi

Hah, you never know.

There's plenty of stress in the Sea Goddess name. Ino is indirectly related to the Sea Goddess, not an actual name for it. And so far names have been concerned with more general terms like Sky, Earth, etc, over something specific like Sea Goddess.

That's what I said mate, read it again. :closedeyes:

A

Audo

Hah, you never know.

Well the Main trios have general terms, but then you get things like Nami in the mix.
And then there is all of the Org's names (which i hope will officially be revealed in 358/2 Days v.v)
Either way, it isn't that important right now, I wouldn't think.

That's what he meant. He said her original name being Ino, but now being Xion is her changing, similar to how Ino changed.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Xion is most likely a nobody. Oni, Ino, Ion is her human form. Unless the whole "Xion" thing is a lie, and it is Aqua or something.
I dunno.

Seikay

The staff said that their not even sure if it is spelled Xion, all they know is it is pronounced shee-on, so either one of the many names already said could be it....or none at all.

Awards
Well the Main trios have general terms, but then you get things like Nami in the mix.
And then there is all of the Org's names (which i hope will officially be revealed in 358/2 Days v.v)
Either way, it isn't that important right now, I wouldn't think.
Namine still is general. Oni is referring to a specific Sea Goddess. The Org names as far as we know have nothing to do with meanings.

A

Audo

The org names that make sense to me relate to the member, but it isn't a general meaning.
Either way, that is neither here nor there. =/

I still think Xion is just an alias either way

Awards
The org names that make sense to me relate to the member, but it isn't a general meaning.
Either way, that is neither here nor there. =/

Huh? We don't know if their originals have meanings in their names at all. Not sure what you're saying.

I think Xion is an alias too. All the more reason to believe that any anagarm with n, i, and o would be as likely as the next.

A

Audo

Huh? We don't know if their originals have meanings in their names at all. Not sure what you're saying.
I was referring to speculation on the other member's real names, as in not the apprentices. But it doesn't really matter, thus why I said it didn't.

I think Xion is an alias too.
Mhm.

KCDjedi

So do I.
I, personally, feel that the name is a symbol of the changes made by this person (if the name ends up being Ino) and being reborn. This name could have just as easily worked for... say... Larxene... if she were meant to have a connection to water-gals.

That's what came into my head, anyway, when I was reading about the myth. :bored:

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I like the names Nio, Ino, and Ion.
Don't know why, but it just sounds cool.
Again, I agree with RK that it's just an alias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back