• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What will the figures look like?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which characters would you go for if SE released BBS figures?

• Terra

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Aqua

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Ventus

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Vanitas

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Master Xehanort

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Master Eraqus

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • BBS Mickey

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Young Sora and/or Young Riku

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Lea and/or Isa

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I know SE hasn't announced any formation/static arts for BBS yet(or have they?). So I was just wondering, what do you guys think they'll look like? And what characters will get one, do you think?
Sorry if this has been brought up before. I searched the forums and didn't find anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: What will they look like?

I know SE hasn't announced any formation/static arts for BBS yet(or have they?). So I was just wondering, what do you guys think they'll look like? And what characters will get one, do you think?
Sorry if this has been brought up before. I searched the forums and didn't find anything.

I have been waiting since KH2 for them to make more "Arts" as I love to collect them all. In terms of Static Arts, I do not think they will make anymore characters from KH right now. If you look at the Static Arts figures, they have made 2 Soras, 1 Riku, 1 Cloud, 1 Sephiroth. Those are BIG name characters from FF and KH. Not just any character get the Static Arts treatment as the Static Arts are quality-vinyl statues. Formation Arts seem to be more abundant and they just released their first KH2 line last year so I think we have some time before they make any BbS ones (Days and Re:Coded aren't substantial enough to warrant a whole series as Roxas and Axel are already done). For BbS, since a general set comprises of 5-6, I think BbS would go with:

1) Terra's armor kneeling in the Keyblade Graveyard after the battle with Terra-Xehanort
2) Ventus either fighting normal Unversed OR riding his Keyblade in the lanes between
3) Aqua probably in the Realm of Darkness
4) Terra-Xehanort in Radiant Garden (not with his bodyguard though, Ansem the Wise from Series 2 had that)
5) Vanitas with the X-blade

Now, SE never puts 2 characters on the same statue (unless they are really small like Chip and Dale with Minnie, Flotsam and Jetsam with Ursula, or the Shadow with Mickey). You might wonder why I said one would be Terra's spirit in his armor. Well, remember, they do have multiple versions of Sora (KH1, KH2, Final), and I think that that scene was very important. I do not think Eraqus would get his own as even if they decided to give Terra one alone, the other would just be Xehanort.

Finally, the Play Arts are easily the most important to me. I think the Play Arts are by far the best figures SE makes because they are very nicely detailed and a nice size. When it comes to Play Arts, they are EXTREMELY picky and only use the most important characters that are generally very important to their respective games. If so, I think they would make a Play Arts figure of:

Xion (they have Roxas and Axel, and she was vital to Days)
Terra
Ventus
Aqua

No, as much as Xehanort, Vanitas, and Eraqus are important. I do not think they would make Xehanort as I doubt he would sell well. If you are a casual fan of the series, you would opt for one of the heroes over an old man, whether or not he was important to the story (they haven't made Ansem SoD or Xemnas). Vanitas is also important, but I see his figure as being to difficult to make, it would need to many curves and edges due to his costume to make. Finally, Eraqus is the least important of the 3, so I doubt he would be made either for reasons similar to Xehanort.

Dross263

Probably Aqua and maybe Kairi (as a kid :D so adorable) or Ventus. Don't really care much about figures though.

D.D.D

I have been waiting since KH2 for them to make more "Arts" as I love to collect them all. In terms of Static Arts, I do not think they will make anymore characters from KH right now. If you look at the Static Arts figures, they have made 2 Soras, 1 Riku, 1 Cloud, 1 Sephiroth. Those are BIG name characters from FF and KH. Not just any character get the Static Arts treatment as the Static Arts are quality-vinyl statues. Formation Arts seem to be more abundant and they just released their first KH2 line last year so I think we have some time before they make any BbS ones (Days and Re:Coded aren't substantial enough to warrant a whole series as Roxas and Axel are already done). For BbS, since a general set comprises of 5-6, I think BbS would go with:

1) Terra's armor kneeling in the Keyblade Graveyard after the battle with Terra-Xehanort
2) Ventus either fighting normal Unversed OR riding his Keyblade in the lanes between
3) Aqua probably in the Realm of Darkness
4) Terra-Xehanort in Radiant Garden (not with his bodyguard though, Ansem the Wise from Series 2 had that)
5) Vanitas with the X-blade

Now, SE never puts 2 characters on the same statue (unless they are really small like Chip and Dale with Minnie, Flotsam and Jetsam with Ursula, or the Shadow with Mickey). You might wonder why I said one would be Terra's spirit in his armor. Well, remember, they do have multiple versions of Sora (KH1, KH2, Final), and I think that that scene was very important. I do not think Eraqus would get his own as even if they decided to give Terra one alone, the other would just be Xehanort.

Finally, the Play Arts are easily the most important to me. I think the Play Arts are by far the best figures SE makes because they are very nicely detailed and a nice size. When it comes to Play Arts, they are EXTREMELY picky and only use the most important characters that are generally very important to their respective games. If so, I think they would make a Play Arts figure of:

Xion (they have Roxas and Axel, and she was vital to Days)
Terra
Ventus
Aqua

No, as much as Xehanort, Vanitas, and Eraqus are important. I do not think they would make Xehanort as I doubt he would sell well. If you are a casual fan of the series, you would opt for one of the heroes over an old man, whether or not he was important to the story (they haven't made Ansem SoD or Xemnas). Vanitas is also important, but I see his figure as being to difficult to make, it would need to many curves and edges due to his costume to make. Finally, Eraqus is the least important of the 3, so I doubt he would be made either for reasons similar to Xehanort.
I love long responses. :) So I guess no Static Arts for BBS, then. I hope they'll at least consider Play Arts figures. And I agree that Eraqus probably wouldn't make it, but TAV surely will.
:( No MX? No wiggly fingers and sadistic grin? Oh well, if they release a Terranort one I'll be satisfied enough.
To your ideas:
1.) Terra in his armor? Me likes. :) I think that is a very important part in BBS, too. I can imagine the dusty soil and rocks underneath him with a few random Keyblades sticking up in the background, and then maybe they'll somehow incorporate KH above him? I know one of the Sora Formation Arts figures had a KH behind it.
2.)You know, I see Ventus kind of flying forward using the Wing Blade style, or something meteor-shower esque, since he's so obsessed with those. ;) Or he could be sitting in the Room of Awakening in Castle Oblivion, asleep.
3.)Yes. Or with some watery design about her.
4.)Yes.
5.)DEFINITELY. I would totally get this one, even though the X-Blade looks kinda weird. Maybe the Station of Awakening underneath him and some Unversed?
Well, since Young Sora and Riku are so small, I can kinda see them together on one. A Destiny Islands background, wooden swords in hand...something like that. Maybe staring at the stars above like they did at the end of BBS. IDK. I just think it'd be cute.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

I can see them making the following BBS formation arts:

1. Master Eraqus
2. Master Xehanort
3. Terra with Lingering Sentiment
4. Aqua
5. Ventus
6. Yen Sid with Mickey
7. Captain j ustice/Dark
8. Experiment 626
9. Zack
10. Braig
11. Vanitas Unmasked with some unversed
12. Terranort with Guardian
13. Young Sora, Riku, and Kairi together
---------------------------------------------------

1. Eraqus standing in a battle position with his right arm stretched in front of him holding his keyblade and some magical effects circling around the tip of keyblade like they are forming into an orb of light. The background would be something related to Land of Departure.

2. He could be standing in a position where his left arm is bent with his hand sticking up holding an orb of darkness while from his side he wields his keyblade with his right arm. The background could be the darkened Keyblade Graveyard with a few keyblades scattered.

3. In the middle of this one would be the blue kingdom hearts. On one side of the blue Kingdom Hearts is Terra resting his keyblade on his shoulders like on the title screen and standing there with a sadened look. On the other side of the blue Kingdom Hearts could be the lingering sentiment in his kneeling position with his keyblade. The blue kh would serve as a back ground for both of them while the part they stand on would resemble the bluish grey ground of the spot where Terra fought MX.

4. She could be almost up in the air with her left leg bent and her right one straight. Holding her keyblade in her right hand outstretched to the side. The background could be something resembling Radiant Gardens in her battle with Terranort.

5. Ventus could be using his wing blade and almost gliding with the ground below him resembling the outside of mysterious tower.

6. Yen Sid could be looking at Mickey with disaproval while Mickey is playing around with his keyblade in Yen Sid's chamber.

7. Captain j ustice/Dark, i'm not really sure how they would pull this one off.

8. Experiment 626 is easy. Just have 626 hugging his wayfinder in a scene resembling the space ship.

9. Having Zack holding his blade in a swinging motion about to hit an urn. The background would be the coliseum of course.

10. Have Braig holding his guns like he's about to shoot, have him with his scar and eye patch, and the background can be the place he fought Terra in Radiant Gardens

11. Vanitas unmasked holding the incomplete X-Blade high while kneeling on the station of awakening with a dark aura flowing off of him and a few unversed appearing from the aura.

12. Have Terranort like sitting on a piece of rock shapped like throne with the guardian behind him while he holds MX's keyblade out like a scepter almost. The background is dark with flowers showing it like his final battle with Aqua.

13. Young Sora, Riku, and Kairi on the beach. Sora and Kairi on the boat dock with Riku on the beach of destiny islands.

Love Machine

strut strut strut

Vanitas is my favorite character, and if they made a formation art of him, I would actually buy it.

Princess-Sammi

Aqua, Terra and Isa - they're my favourites. :) Armoured Aqua and Terra would be cool, too. I'd buy both the Play Arts and Formation Arts versions of those 3 characters.

D.D.D

Life-size version. For you AND your friends. :)
Forget Aqua! I wanna play with Terra...
Mmmm, gotta luv dat beef. And manboobs.
In all seriousness, I'd probably buy TAV, Vanitas, MX, and Young Sora and Riku. What price do you guys think these'll come out to? BTW, the life size Aqua figure with removable clothes will cost $500, so start saving up now. +$200 for Master G cup breast edition.

kupo1121

Awards
Honestly, I can guarantee they will not make a Young Sora, Riku, Kairi, Isa, or Lea Play Arts figure. The character are too small to put in a box and don't have enough detail (the outfits are too plain). In terms of Formation Arts, they will not make:

Captain Justice/Dark - They already have Pete from Series 3 so they won't need to make another one of thim
Stitch - They have a Lilo & Stitch Formation Arts set (as well as Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and I believe Toy Story)
Braig - Hasn't made enough of an impact yet to warrant a whole figure (if they went back to their old layout with 3 heroes and 3 villians, they would do TAV, Xehanort, Vanitas, and a Disney villian because they always have at least 1 Disney character)
Dilan - Not enough impact

However, I would love them to make every character as the more figures that I can fill up my shelves with, the better :) (which is why on the poll I voted for everyone...I'm OK with everyone being made).

Also, on the lifesize Aqua, she would retail for much more than $500. Square Enix made a lifesize replica of Gabranth's helmet...JUST HIS HELMET which they sell for $1,000. Sure that helmet is much more detailed than Aqua, but a whole body would easily sell for around $5,000-$10,000

D.D.D

I guess Vanitas has the most poll love. Poor Master Eraqus, with only four votes. I definitely would buy him. I can imagine his formation arts, with him jumping in the air and his Keyblade in hand, three of those weird little light orbs supporting him. Maybe they could incorporate some stained glass in it, too, since there are stained glass windows in the Land of Departure. Or what Memory Master said. I like that idea, too.
Does anyone have any estimates on the price tags for these things? The formation/play arts, I mean.

kupo1121

Awards
Does anyone have any estimates on the price tags for these things? The formation/play arts, I mean.

That is actually quite easy and you can find them right now. Considering SE has been upping the price on their figures lately (more companies have gone to them to make Play Arts figures for games such as Batman: Arkham City, Bayonetta, Halo, Street Fighter so it isn't shocking because the quality is nice). The prices would be:

Static Arts - about $120 per vinyl statue
Formation Arts - $15-$20 per figure, or $40-$60 for entire set
Play Arts - $30 - $40 per figure depending on size and popularity (most likely $40)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Screw Static-Arts. Get me some damn Play-Arts.

D.D.D

That is actually quite easy and you can find them right now. Considering SE has been upping the price on their figures lately (more companies have gone to them to make Play Arts figures for games such as Batman: Arkham City, Bayonetta, Halo, Street Fighter so it isn't shocking because the quality is nice). The prices would be:

Static Arts - about $120 per vinyl statue
Formation Arts - $15-$20 per figure, or $40-$60 for entire set
Play Arts - $30 - $40 per figure depending on size and popularity (most likely $40)
Okay, thanks! God, the static arts are so beautiful, but SO pricey. ;-;. Like, I looked up the one of KH2 Sora standing on those blue/green shooting star things and a Keyblade held high, and it was like, $224, brand new. Of course, that was on Ebay. An opened/used one was about $84. Still a little high for me, I'm afraid, especially when I'm trying to save up for Portal 2.
Hmm, I wonder who in the company gets to decide if a SE character gets their own figure. Probably not the developers.

kupo1121

Awards
Okay, thanks! God, the static arts are so beautiful, but SO pricey. ;-;. Like, I looked up the one of KH2 Sora standing on those blue/green shooting star things and a Keyblade held high, and it was like, $224, brand new. Of course, that was on Ebay. An opened/used one was about $84. Still a little high for me, I'm afraid, especially when I'm trying to save up for Portal 2.
Hmm, I wonder who in the company gets to decide if a SE character gets their own figure. Probably not the developers.

The developers have some say because if they don't want their character being used...then that character can't be used. However, the prices ranged for the Kingdom Hearts static arts.

The prices for the figures "New" is as follows (at least when Square Enix sold them, not Ebay):

KH2 Sora (http://www.figwiz.com/imgGen.aspx?img=36801&imgType=17) - $90

KH1 Mascot Avatar Sora (http://www.figwiz.com/imgGen.aspx?img=34074&imgType=17) - $120

KH2 Riku (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3656/3428052207_a25f0741a0.jpg) - $120

Personally since I have the 3, I would say the nicest one is actually the KH2 Sora, followed by the KH2 Riku, and lastly the Mascot Avatar Sora. The Mascot Avatar Sora is extremely cute and definitely feels the best as it is extremely smooth, but the Riku has good detail, but I'm not a fan of the base as I am Sora's. That is just my opinion, but I rank all the figures since I have them all xP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back