• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

what next?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
after you guys beat kh3 what will you do next will you conuine on to the next kh game whatever it may be or will still follow the series but the not get the next game on console

i might do it later as much i love this series to death i think i should end this series on console when i beat kh3 and end a era for me

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'd rather not think about what's next for Kingdom Hearts III. Nothing against the series, it's just the wait for this game has been exhausting enough as it is.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I'd rather not think about what's next for Kingdom Hearts III. Nothing against the series, it's just the wait for this game has been exhausting enough as it is.
i undertand man i just want to hear people thoughs on what going to do after kh3 tht all as soon as the game relases iwill enjoy this game every last mintune of it

Enturax

Awards
I honestly doubt that there are many fans of anything, who tell themselves: "okay, I'm just going to finish that one and I'm done with the series/being a fan of it" - without even knowing what's going to happen next.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
This is an actually relevant question for me.
I love Kingdom Hearts and it has been a huge constant presence for a good chunk of my life, but I wonder about still feeling so invested in it.
Throughout the years I got other interests, life got busier, and overall more on my plate than when I started.
And yes, might as well address the elephant and say I also don't love many things from the franchise as much as I did, especially of the latest chapters.
Time and time again have I been wondering if what kept me going weren't just my fondness for the first chapters and seeing how the whole Xehanort thing was going to end.

If KH III doesn't satisfy some expectations, if after playing it I don't feel that *something* click within me, if after it Square will restart the same old marketing strategy... I might decide to call it off here, and at the very best follow subsequent entries from afar. I just don't know if I have the mental and emotional fortitude to keep on going, with the games, with the fandom, with the mainstream opinion.
We'll see.

I honestly doubt that there are many fans of anything, who tell themselves: "okay, I'm just going to finish that one and I'm done with the series/being a fan of it" - without even knowing what's going to happen next.

Nah, you'd be surprised. Many series fail to deliver to some people at some point, and so the occurrence of a fan drawing the line isn't rare at all.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
dont get me i love this series im jsut tried of the waiting for the plus whatever the next kh game is we might have to get a new system for it which drive me nuts

Enturax

Awards
plus whatever the next kh game is we might have to get a new system for it which drive me nuts

Well, if you are a gamer, you'll get a new system sooner or later, anyway.

Nah, you'd be surprised. Many series fail to deliver to some people at some point, and so the occurrence of a fan drawing the line isn't rare at all.

yeah, but I'm talking about stopping even before you know how the latest movie/chapter/volume/game is and what you may expect after it.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Well, if you are a gamer, you'll get a new system sooner or later, anyway.
im a gamer but i only get games that peak my intreast like the new spyro game,kh3 and maybe a new sly cooper game to go along along with the tv series coming up i just don't get to and spend my money on system i dont need i baily even touch my ps4 this year

I've subconsciously decided im gonna retire from gaming (at least heavy gaming) once KH3 comes out but that definitely isn't gonna be true lol

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'll continue to play video games after no doubt. Some people prefer to watch TV shows or movies, but video games are the heart to my entertainment.

I will definitely still be looking for more kh i dont think (well at least hope not) the next kh will take as long as kh3 has...just make sure ff doesnt steal the kh team again lol

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Unless the new game looks like shit I wouldn't think about dropping the series. I have a hard time believing KH3 will be somehow less enjoyable than like Days or UX and I am clearly still a fan after playing those. Its more like repeated disappointment that makes me drop things. I am actually interested to see if they can stay away from some of the issues that will be rectified with a "clean slate" for the main plot.

And tbh, until something else brings out a Disney RPG I will probably always be drawn to the series lol.

But yeah, this whole "oh after this, I am done" thing is foreign to me, I could never do that. Its always an actual sense of being dissatisfied that makes me want to drop something. And other times I take small breaks from shows or games, and then catch up when I am in the mood. Like, a series like Pokemon that releases a new game almost every year, and like KH did for quite a while. I really don't care to go back to that, in hindsight. I like having some space between releases, it means I don't get burned out. I think thats why I don't call for games to just end like I do with TV shows or movies. But, with large story driven games like these, I do think it does need to be hung up eventually.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
like i said one i beat kh3 that it end for on the console side for i will still be in the commuity all i mean leaving this community was never an option this commuity is the best regardless of the fighst or argumet we have it still the best but i going my journey with kh on consle will be coming to an end

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Depends on what the new saga has to offer. Which is why I'm curious what the secret ending will be like.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
yeah, but I'm talking about stopping even before you know how the latest movie/chapter/volume/game is and what you may expect after it.

Oh, fair enough, that's indeed rarer.

I have a hard time believing KH3 will be somehow less enjoyable than like Days or UX and I am clearly still a fan after playing those.

But yeah, this whole "oh after this, I am done" thing is foreign to me, I could never do that. Its always an actual sense of being dissatisfied that makes me want to drop something.

I think you do get it then.
It's not the feeling that KH III won't have a single redeeming feature that makes some even consider dropping off, is the possibility that it won't satisfy the expectations even if it's by overall a positive experience.
Emotionally, financially and even matter of factually the stakes for KH III can't really be settled by a "average" or "good enough".

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Oh, fair enough, that's indeed rarer.

I think you do get it then.
It's not the feeling that KH III won't have a single redeeming feature that makes some even consider dropping off, is the possibility that it won't satisfy the expectations even if it's by overall a positive experience.
Emotionally, financially and even matter of factually the stakes for KH III can't really be settled by a "average" or "good enough".

I guess I meant I don't know what its like to say "Oh after KH3, I will just end this series even if it keeps going and I really enjoyed it" but I also don't mind if someone does? No skin off my back anyway ha.

I mean, real talk, I think KH3 has a lot of potential to possibly be the best KH game ever, with my only concerns being overall battle system balance and how they will juggle all the plot threads...which is essentially more balance lol. I guess, I didn't want to just assert that though, cuz clearly I don't know ha. I shouldn't just say that because of how it looks. I do get people being done if they aren't satisfied with KH3, even if they do enjoy it. I just don't think I would, but I also get the feeling my expectations aren't as high as plenty of people's lol, even considering what I just said. I've never felt that arduousness others have expressed in waiting for it, for instance. I've been somewhat content, even throughout news droughts lol.

ImVentus

Awards
I'll probably be around for whatever is coming.
Something that's peaked my interest in the series again, is the new technology and engine they're running with.
It seems like it will be a brighter future for making some KH content with unreal. Not to say it will be easy but surely it will not be as dragging as KH3.

​However if the series suddenly loses it's charm and purpose after KH3, I'll most definitely won't continue.
More likely look back to the older entries.

Yet again. The insane amount of patience and wait for this game has been very different from what Ive experienced before.
All of those years passed by, and seeing how much things have changed. I hope I don't ever haft to relive this sort of wait, patience for a game in a very, very long time or never again.

It's sorta like the Incredibles 2 (happens almost 15 years later) situation. I was excited for a sequel at that time, but now as of 2018, I couldn't care any less about them making it.
Which is why I don't like to have time pass by a whole decade for something to happen. Or else I lose interest completely.

Another big blow for me is, if they switch system and don't stay with consoles. I won't buy other systems to play their games for the future.

Meow Wow

Awards
I'm probably gonna have Squares business strategy determine whether I buy any more of their games in general. I'm really not liking this "games as a service" model they're putting out, so if they fill KH3 with DLC that has story content in it, I'm probably gonna just stop buying any more KH games or any other new Square Enix game, that is. It just wouldn't be worth the time and money for me. But knowing me, I'll still probably follow KH until I lose interest in it....and who knows when that'll be.

It's tough thinking about the future, so I really will just enjoy what I like when I like it and move on when I grow past it.

wwinterj

Providing they keep making Kingdom Hearts games on PS I'm still buying.
I play more than a handful of games on any system I buy though so it's not like the "waiting" for the next game is that bad for me. I mean if KH 3 wasn't out this year another game could take that slot for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back