• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Disney bosses even work, in your opinion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Neo_

Awards
I would have liked to fight a possessed Buzz as well. Would have been more fun than fighting a bunch of Gigas at once in the Verum Rex game.
Could've been a nice callback to TS2 as well. The worst thing about Toy Box was the lack of callbacks to Toy Story within Galaxy Toys... there was literally nothing other than the record player reference.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I actually wasn't upset on Lady Tremaine, The Evil Queen and Frollo not being bosses because they lacked the combat, but I was upset on not fighting CLU.

Tbh, I don't think Bellwether would make for a good boss in the next game because all she did was relied on her Ram Guards doing the work and temporarily use a Night Howler Pistol (which turns out was actually switched out with Blueberries instead of the serum). The only thing that would allow her to be a boss is she either has a heartless assisting her like what Clayton and Barbossa had it or she succumbs to darkness and turns into a heartless herself like what happened with Gothel and Hans.

Or they can have the Zootopia world set after the events of the movie.

I envision her gaining control of the darkness and being a small, but deadly, foe.

I feel like part of what makes Disney so iconic are the villains. You want to fight the villains from the movies. Why even visit that world if we're going to fight a giant heartless (that isn't a possessed version of the Disney villain like Scar)? I always saw it as the side games being giant heartless in the worlds while the main title actually had the Disney villains.

I could totally buy a boss fight with Cruella De Ville or Bellwether early on in the game. I think placement of the world is important too. If Arendelle was one of the first worlds we visited in KH3, a Hans sword fight would have been totally believable especially because we're going off Sora being "weakened". Now fighting Cruella De Ville in the world right before the end of the game? Nope. So if they were too do fights like Yzma & Kronk or Cruella, they would definitely need to be early game.

Hoarse_Phuqer

Wishful thinking here but the Horned King from Black Cauldron could be a potentially awesome boss fight. Not only is his character design sick but also very intimidating and I could see his storyline easily adapted in the KH mythos.

I could see him holding his own in a fight, throwing devastating spells every which way or summoning minions or Heartless to help him out. Preferably having his world be one of the last ones with the most powerful enemies

GrandWebster

What about The Headless Horseman?

He's a unique Disney villain, what are your thoughts on him?

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
What about The Headless Horseman?

He's a unique Disney villain, what are your thoughts on him?

i know the horseman idea was thrown around a couple of times, but let me a whack at the concept.

if it were me, i would have the Headless Horseman be a boss similar to Sabor from KH1. but rather than popping up multiple times on just one world, the Headless Horseman would emerge in several worlds attacking and even chasing down Sora. during the first couple of encounters you'll be forced to run from the Horseman via Flow Motion/QTE. however, once you acquire a new power, let's say Keyblade Glider for example, you can finally fight the Headless Horseman on equal ground in a semi-rail shooter type battle. in the later encounters, the Horseman can be flanked by other fast moving Heartless based on whatever world he shows up in.

as for lore, how about this:

The Headless Horseman: A being of darkness from parts unknown, this headless rider travels between worlds in search for a new head to replace the one he lost. once he sets sights on a potential head, he'll chase its current wearer to the ends of the earth until he has it.

He's not picky about heads and will use sword and slash projectiles to attack his target. The explosive Jack-o-latern he throws is even more of a trick than a treat.

The Darkness he emits often attracts a posse of Heartless to ride at his side.

music during his battle: [video=youtube;tk4xvq-AxsY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk4xvq-AxsY[/video]

GrandWebster

Do we all agree that aside from Maleficent, are all the villains in KH3 one shot kills likely never to return?

Because it really makes me ponder if we'll ever see another Disney villain council.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Do we all agree that aside from Maleficent, are all the villains in KH3 one shot kills likely never to return?

Because it really makes me ponder if we'll ever see another Disney villain council.

Technically Hans & Gothel became heartless rather than die, so they could come back in theory. Also there's rumors of Hans in Frozen 2. & if you haven't seen the post-credits of PotC5: Davy Jones comes back eventually

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Technically Hans & Gothel became heartless rather than die, so they could come back in theory. Also there's rumors of Hans in Frozen 2. & if you haven't seen the post-credits of PotC5: Davy Jones comes back eventually

Where did the rumors of Hans return come from?

If they bring back nobodies for KH4 he should have left behind a powerful nobody. One that could possibly transform into a wolf.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards

technically Gothel perished after aging into dust, Marluxia used what was left to create her heartless. and Hans was only knocked out by Anna, twice, and later shipped back to his brothers for punishment.

GrandWebster

Its only a rumor, not confirmation. Why would Hans come back and what would he even do? Plus Tangled as far I as know is a done world, Rapunzel could possible get capture off screen.

Plus the timeframe with POTC is like a whole decade. The point is, we need more villains that would make interesting fights.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Hans was only knocked out by Anna, twice, and later shipped back to his brothers for punishment.
That ONLY happened in the movie, in Hans case in KH3 after he was knocked out he succumbed to darkness and after Sora and his friends fight against his Heartless (Skoll) when they return back in the fjord Hans is nowhere to be found, so we can infer that he became Skoll.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

I really wish we would see another Disney villain council. Maleficent, King Candy, Dr. Facilier, Jafar (his return and snake boss fight), Hopper, Yzma, Hades, Ursula and Horned King.

disney233

Awards
I really wish we would see another Disney villain council. Maleficent, King Candy, Dr. Facilier, Jafar (his return and snake boss fight), Hopper, Yzma, Hades, Ursula and Horned King.

Jafar and Ursula are dead and Hades has no interest in working with Maleficent. And I REALLY don't see a need to bring back those three. Olympus' inclusion is repetative enough as it is. IT'S LITERALLY BEEN IN EVERY SINGLE GAME MINUS ONE!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I thought Ursula was dead (by physical means rather than falling into a dark pool like in KH1), too, but then she reappeared in 3D. Anyway, I still hope that Maleficent might find the Book of Prophecies and it gives her a power-up, to the point she could resurrect allies and perhaps create a world similar to End of the World or Symphony of Sorcery that would lead to KH.

The only game I didn't like Olympus in was BbS, but that was more because they did almost nothing with it. Teen Herc and Zack were a great starting point though. It would've been better if Hades used Terra to release the Cyclops with his Keyblade, and Aqua helped Herc and Zack stop the Cyclops from destroying Thebes. Ventus' scenario could've been training with them or something.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Jafar and Ursula are dead and Hades has no interest in working with Maleficent. And I REALLY don't see a need to bring back those three. Olympus' inclusion is repetative enough as it is. IT'S LITERALLY BEEN IN EVERY SINGLE GAME MINUS ONE!

Hades didn't wanna work with Maleficent because he had his own plan....which Sora & Herc busted apart. He'll probably be more open to a team-up now that he's been sent back to the drawing board. & Jafar's my favorite Disney villain, I'm totally down with him appearing again, at least until we finally get a proper snake fight.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Jafar could return by "magic" and Ursula was seen in KH3D. Hades' own plan was foiled thanks to Sora and company, so he might be more inclined for revenge. Agrabah and Atlantica would look amazing in KH3 graphics. Hades could show up in another world as a villain and just exclude Olympus.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think it's more likely they'd bring Jafar back for the King of Thieves plot than use the sequel villain, tbh. The KoT plot can work as long as Aladdin's father is there. Sort of the way The Return of Jafar is used in KH2 while leaving out Abis Mal, for example.

On top of a Cobra Jafar fight--and a better fight of him as a sorcerer, too, for that matter--I still would like a Giant Ursula fight that's fully realized, especially now that they have the water controls fixed so that fans aren't acting berserk. I want something as epic as the Rock Titan fight. Jumping from ship to ship as they swirl around her, avoiding her tentacles and high jumping to her face.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think it's more likely they'd bring Jafar back for the King of Thieves plot than use the sequel villain, tbh. The KoT plot can work as long as Aladdin's father is there. Sort of the way The Return of Jafar is used in KH2 while leaving out Abis Mal, for example.

On top of a Cobra Jafar fight--and a better fight of him as a sorcerer, too, for that matter--I still would like a Giant Ursula fight that's fully realized, especially now that they have the water controls fixed so that fans aren't acting berserk. I want something as epic as the Rock Titan fight. Jumping from ship to ship as they swirl around her, avoiding her tentacles and high jumping to her face.

OMG I would LOVE that fight with Ursula! And with new Princesses of Heart, Ariel can actually be one so it would make perfect sense to visit Atlantica again.

Perkilator

Awards
I seriously don’t wanna see Sora fight Jafar for the 3rd time, let alone in a KoT plotline. It was already established in the movie that Jafar’s long gone. Saluk may not be the absolute best Aladdin villain ever, but I’d rather fight him then Jafar yet again (cobra or not).

Back