• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ventus and Roxas Meeting

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
KH3 is supposed to be the end of the Xehanort saga (I'm pretty sure this has been stated, but I don't know where to begin digging *twiddles thumbs and waits for Sephy...* ._.). I'll be damned if it goes on any longer, this is supposed to be the climax.

You mean this one, in which he also confirmed that KH will continue post KH3 and Sora will stay as the main character?

Nomura in Japan Expo 2013 said:
The series that has developed so far as "the Xehanort saga" should end once and for all in KH3. However, I've outlined a tentative plot that takes place afterward, so we could continue onto a new chapter. Sora would remain the main character; that wouldn't change.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
You mean this one, in which he also confirmed that KH will continue post KH3 and Sora will stay as the main character?

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!! Thank you for finding that~ I forgot which interview it was in.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Son Gokū;6114813 said:
So you really think ALL of this will happen in a single game?:
1. Sora completing his training he left at the end of DDD for.
2. Kairi becoming a Keyblade Master.
3. Sora becoming a Keyblade Master.
4. Lea becoming a Keyblade Master.
5. Rescue Ventus.
6. Rescue Aqua.
7. 7 Lights will come together.
8. All 13 Xehanort clones will be fully transformed.
9. The 7vs13 fight will both begin and end in full.
10. All 13 darknesses will be destroyed.
.....I could go on. :/

Unless they create more side games that take place inbetween DDD and KH3, I don't think so...
KH3 would have to be the LONGEST of any games yet to fit everything in without the story becoming dumb. ...They still have to fit all those Disney worlds too...

1. Doesn't even need to happen because Sora didn't even leave for any training at the end of DDD and he doesn't give a crap about being an official Keyblade Master, Flanix and Ruran already explained the rest of it.
2., 3., and 4. are also unneccessary for the actual advance of the plot.
5. and 6., alongside Terra, Xion, Naminé, Ansem the Wise and Roxas have been hinted and implied since Blank Points in Birth by Sleep and are one of the two main plot points of KH III.
8. is not needed since Xehanort needs to only control them for the crucial battle so he can even use half- or quarter-transformed vessels as long as he can securely control them at least in crucial matters.
9. is either the ultimate final battle (or part of the series of final battles), maybe even only the penultimate battle if the theories that Terra will be saved and take part in the very final battle on the right side of the conflict turn out to be true.
10. That can be done in one fell swoop if Xehanort himself is vanquished or his control over the vessels broken (i.e. returning the heart shards he distributed to his own body, freeing the other darknesses from his influence, leaving only "true" Xehanorts (Ansem, Xemnas, Young MX), Braig, Vanitas and possibly Isa on his side)

Considering the sheer power the PS4 has and the magnitude of space they can use I have actually no problems imagining that KH III might become bigger than KH I and KH II combined. Fitting for a season/saga finale.

Will probably address some other posts later but for now-

Pacing for this game is something we all fear, but main KH games tend to be long. Basically, it's a lot of stuff but not so much that it couldn't be handled if the game was sixty-seventy hours plus. KH3 is supposed to be the end of the Xehanort saga (I'm pretty sure this has been stated, but I don't know where to begin digging *twiddles thumbs and waits for Sephy...* ._.). I'll be damned if it goes on any longer, this is supposed to be the climax.

Ok, gotcha.

Mucked up pacing is actually one of my main fears, lol, especially if they pull shit like in KH 2 having very important stuff take place completely behind the scenes (which then get only some spotlight in the semi-canon novels) while we only get to watch Sora dance Hakuna Matata
or sing "swim this way".
If for examply Riku and Mickey are searching the RoD inside out for locating Aqua and are then ambushed by a member of the New Org or some Disney villains and have an interesting convo I want to see it, not only hear from it later when some character explains it to Sora.

*clears throat* You called for evidence regarding KH III being the end of Xehanort? Here it comes in multiple spades since one is not enuff (Thanks to Flanix already digging another one up ;) ):
BBS Ultimania said:
-- KHIII will be the continuation of the story we've seen up until now, right?
Nomura: Yes that's right. Though fans probably think that the series will end with KHIII, the KH series we are developing right now, including KHIII, is just the first part of a bigger series. The main character of the KH series is Sora, but right now the first part could be considered "The Xehanort Chronicles", since after all the enemy has always been Xehanort right from the first game.

-- I see, so KHIII will complete The Xehanort Chronicles?
Nomura: Yes, that's sort of how we're thinking. So even if Xehanort's story ends, Sora will still have other adventures to go on.

This bit does not explicitly talk about Xehanort, but it confirms that the saving of the tormented is the second major plot point of Kingdom Hearts III:
Coded Ultimania said:
Speaking of the Birth by Sleep secret cutscene, Ansem the Wise says that he hid his research results in Sora. This complies with what happens in Re:Coded when Namine says DiZ (Ansem the Wise) has hid something inside Sora. Is that mystery remaining unsolved?

Nomura: Yes. Namine added data to the Jiminy Journal in order to convey that the “pain” of those connected to Sora must be healed, but at the point in time Ansem hid the research results inside Sora, he didn’t know that. Accordingly, Ansem’s research results will become the key to healing the “pain” in the future of the story.

So even though Namine and Ansem acted independently, as a result of what the two did, it leads to one thing. And speaking of those details…

Nomura: Since that will likely become the story for Kingdom Hearts III, please look forward to that until then.

DDD Ultimania said:
— If we were to guess from the plot so far, the next title must surely follow on from KH3D and depict the confrontation between the 13 Xehanorts that are seeking the χ-blade and Sora and the others who make up the 7 Guardians of Light?
Nomura: Well, yes, I think so. That will feel like it’s leading to the conclusion of the Xehanort saga.

— Before the ending, Riku receives research data from Ansem the Wise. In the next title, will that be the key to bringing back the people who are sleeping inside Sora?
Nomura: You could say it’s the key. That data contains the details explaining the way to connect lost hearts.

If that's still not enuff dakka for the topic, I can also go and look through the Famitsu interviews later.

PhantomSoD

From that list, we can eliminate at least three points, and those are Sora, Kairi, and Lea becoming Keyblade Masters. There is currently no need for them to assume the role of Keyblade Masters, just wielders, and they indeed are already wielders. Also, Sora didn't left to train at the end of DDD; he revisited the Traverse Town in the Realm of Sleep to thank the Dream Eaters that had helped him throughout the events of DDD.

From what was ten, there is now six, and it's more manageable now, wouldn't you think? Sure, KH3 will be long and is likely to be the longest game of the bunch, but I don't expect less in terms of the length since, after all, it's the final game in the series in which many loose ends need to be tied up.

Also, I can really see multi senario taking care of the length of the game. BBS totaled about 60+ hours between all 3 characters. But the difference here is with the power of the PS4 it will be possible to have the senarios happen in completely different locales. Being more like multiple smaller games in one disc kind of like FFXIII

As for the original topic of this thread:
-I think Roxas, Xion, and maybe Namine should get character redesigns to not only make things less confusing going forward, but to signify that they have become full people in their own rights. The whole reason they look like sora and Kairi was because they were "shadows" of them. Judging from Sora's speech to Roxas in 3D, when these 3 do come back(and they will) they will be their own people with no physical ties to Sora and Kairi anymore.

Plus in future games if they have a cutscene when some crap happens to Roxas in one area right after Sora and Ven get done fighting a boss in another, that ish will be hella confusing at first

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I think the main problem here is a misunderstanding of how the battle of the Lights and Darknesses will go down.

Not every single one of the lights has to be a Keyblade master, and no one ever said so.

The XIII Darknesses were never said to become full facsimiles of Xehanort.

If the clash is anything like the gathering of hearts in KH1, and the union of Ven and Vanitas not only will it happen in one game, it will have to happen at one instance. And Xehanort is counting on that, as he mentions that when they meet again it will be once both sides have been finished and at the fated place (most likely the Keyblade Graveyard).

The battle of both sides will not be a fullout war that will last many years, that's exactly what they're trying to prevent. It's going to happen, and since both sides are nearly complete it WILL happen in KH3. There's no way around it.

Now, regarding the original topic: Riku and Sora's main objectives in the game kind of confirm that both Ventus and Roxas are going to be saved. Riku is looking for previous Keylbade Weilders (I'm not convinced that's just limited to ones we've met either, but that's not this topic) and Sora's journey will be dealing specifically with reviving lost hearts and the Key to doing so. I know the topic is about whether or not we think it should happen, but I don't see a point in fighting against it. Besides, we've seen Ven and Roxas on screen at the same time a couple of times, it's not THAT jarring.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Not every single one of the lights has to be a Keyblade master, and no one ever said so.

Hell to be honest it's never said they need be keyblade wielders either, it's just that all the candidates happen to be wielders already.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Plus in future games if they have a cutscene when some crap happens to Roxas in one area right after Sora and Ven get done fighting a boss in another, that ish will be hella confusing at first

Why would it be confusing, though? There's no way in this beautiful world one, especially those who indeed love the KH franchise so much, would be unable to differentiate Roxas and Ventus.

I mean, seriously, they could just take a quick look at the outfit or fighting style and tell who's who. The only way you can completely confuse Roxas with Ventus, and vice versa, is if someone stripped them completely naked or clothe them in the exactly same set of clothes, but even that won't change the fact that their eyebrows are of different colour.

Plus, it's not like anyone would do the former anyway... it's not an R-rated game.

Last edited:

Sora Vanitas

if ventus were to meet roxas, it would be like weird, i would like to see all of them sora, ventus roxas together and vanitas if it is possible.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The only way you can completely confuse Roxas with Ventus, and vice versa, is if someone stripped them completely naked or clothe them in the exactly same set of clothes, but even that won't change the fact that their eyebrows are of different colour.

Plus, it's not like anyone would do the latter anyway... it's not an R-rated game.

Lol, on that first one I actually got a hilarious scene in my head where they were in the shower both at the same time in a separate stall and when they step out one of them asks with a sassy tone if the they should do "a check up" on each other to see how much of them is really identical with the other backing away all red assuring that there's no need...;P

PhantomSoD

Why would it be confusing, though? There's no way in this beautiful world one, especially those who indeed love the KH franchise so much, would be unable to differentiate Roxas and Ventus.

I mean, seriously, they could just take a quick look at the outfit or fighting style and tell who's who. The only way you can completely confuse Roxas with Ventus, and vice versa, is if someone stripped them completely naked or clothe them in the exactly same set of clothes, but even that won't change the fact that their eyebrows are of different colour.

Plus, it's not like anyone would do the former anyway... it's not an R-rated game.

Well people already are confusing them. I've seen it happen almost everywhere with the fan art showcasing all of them together. So diehard fans might be ok after looking for differences(also assuming camera angle gives a proper view to see the differences) but everyone else who only plays the numbered titles will likely be confused.

Either way that was only part of my point. My main reason for wanting the character designs is to symbolize these characters becoming their own people in full. I just think the reasons for them to look like each other will be resolved once they get brought back.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ Sadly this is true, I still shutter thinking about the days fans swore up and down Ven and Roxas were the same person.

Though hopefully fans will finally sort it out in kh3 once they're standing face to face.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I know that... but truly, is it hard to tell them apart from their outfits? It's beyond me how people can still confuse them, especially considering that they had never even once changed clothes. They really don't need to get the redesign treatment or have to stand next to each other for people to be able to differentiate one from the other... and if they still are having difficulties doing so just because they have never played the "non-numbered" titles, then it's their problem.

... I'm calm now, I think. And just to reiterate, I'm not saying that I'm against character redesign. I'd like to see them in new duds, in fact, although I'm perfectly fine with the way they currently are.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I know that... but truly, is it hard to tell them apart from their outfits? It's beyond me how people can still confuse them, especially considering that they had never even once changed clothes. They really don't need to get the redesign treatment or have to stand next to each other for people to be able to differentiate one from the other... and if they still are having difficulties doing so just because they have never played the "non-numbered" titles, then it's their problem.

... I'm calm now, I think. And just to reiterate, I'm not saying that I'm against character redesign. I'd like to see them in new duds, in fact, although I'm perfectly fine with the way they currently are.

haha You should've been here a couple years ago, fans would argue for days stating their the same even after Nomura blatantly stated their individual.
It was truly horrible lol.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
haha You should've been here a couple years ago, fans would argue for days stating their the same even after Nomura blatantly stated their individual.
It was truly horrible lol.

Huh, I'm glad that I just joined two months back. I would have roared through the screen if I had been around back then, haha.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Huh, I'm glad that I just joined two months back. I would have roared through the screen if I had been around back then, haha.
lol Then you would've been roaring with me and sephiroth0812.

Sora Vanitas

I am thinking of a funny Maury povich scene here bbtw :

Master Xehanort : in the case of the 16 year old ventus and 16 year old roxas, SORA THEY ARE NOT YOU BROTHER!
Sora: ;_;
Master Xehanort : now in case of 16 year old vanitas, SORA HE IS INDEED YOUR BROTHER
Sora: :shock:
Vanitas : F*** YEAH!
Master Xehanort : now it is time for the [x] blade to merge!
Ventus: [ goes back to sleeping again in castle oblivion ]
Roxas: [ returns to alternate twilight town, eating ice cream with gang , then stalked by pedobear axel XD

Wander

Eh, I'm all for them getting new outfits. It'd be really cool actually, Ven has been wearing that outfit for decades.

But redesigning physical appearance? Huge no. It would be even MORE confusing ("OMG that's not Roxas!") and I can see it inciting rage in the fanbase ("OMG why did they change Roxas he was here first sob" "No, Ven existed first!" "He was conceived later!!1!11"). Generally, completely redesigning a character people have come to know and maybe even grown attached to at the very end of the saga is not too great of an idea, media wise and fanbase wise.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Eh, I'm all for them getting new outfits. It'd be really cool actually, Ven has been wearing that outfit for decades.

But redesigning physical appearance? Huge no. It would be even MORE confusing ("OMG that's not Roxas!") and I can see it inciting rage in the fanbase ("OMG why did they change Roxas he was here first sob" "No, Ven existed first!" "He was conceived later!!1!11"). Generally, completely redesigning a character people have come to know and maybe even grown attached to at the very end of the saga is not too great of an idea, media wise and fanbase wise.

I believe that the character redesign that we're discussing about here refers to Ventus and Roxas' wardrobe change, not the physical appearance. It would be plain foolish to do that, not to mention that it won't serve any purpose at all, at least in their case.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
given their appearance at the end of DDD I think that they'll just be in the same clothes to be honest.

More importantly when is Lea gonna ditch the org's clothes?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
More importantly when is Lea gonna ditch the org's clothes?

Not really on-topic for this discussion but he'll get new clothes in KH3. He'll whip off the coat like Riku and Mickey did and have some really cool new outfit on that fuels fanart for an eternity and comparison posts about what he's retained from his BBS outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back