• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ventus and Roxas Meeting

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Goku

Being honest...do you guys REALLY think that Ventus, Roxas, and Xion should ALL come back? (Roxas and Xion with physical forms)
How would everyone see Xion? Would she feel weird having all Sora's memories still?
How will Ven act to actually meeting Sora in person after 10 years of being inside of him?
How will Roxas react to seeing Ven since he knows he is Sora's nobody, but looks likes Ven instead? Would he think he was Ven's nobody instead after all this time?
Should Namine could back physically too? If so, would they explain why Ven is the reason she doesn't look like a complete copy of Kairi look all the other nobodies do?
(All except Roxas and Namine resemble the original completely)
Just a few random questions that can't TRULY be answered until it happens, but would still like to see some opinions.

I believe only Ventus should come back, I can't really see a good reason to bring back Xion and Roxas at all. Regardless I'm sure people are going to give me proof as to why they should come back, but it doesn't seem like it would fuel the story at all.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
inbeforeeveryonehastogetsavedbecausethey'retrappedandintormentandallthatjazz.

I really don't Ven and Roxas meeting will be as weird as people make it out to be. I mean, it's not like we haven't had twin characters in stories since forever. They'd might be surprised to see each other but them occupying the same space won't exactly cause a ripe in the space time continuum (OR WILL IT!?!? DUN DUN DUUUUUN...Nor, probably not).

For everyone else, it depends. With characters like Xion and some what Namine I felt their stories should have ended when they went back to Sora and Kairi respectively. With Xion I would've been content if she was left a one shot character like her "brother" Repliku and Namine just doesn't seem to be needed more. Or care all that much about her current state. Most characters are adamant about their existences and being to live the way they want, but Namine seems not to mind, at least not to the extent of the other characters. Her biggest issue is wanting to be thanked.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
In Namine's defense, she did't think there was an alternative. Die or be re-completed. DiZ didn't tell her that nobodies could grow their own hearts.

As far as stories go, maybe it's not the best written approach, but the facts have been displayed. They can be their own people, and Sora thinks they deserve that. If it were a real situation, which is ridiculous but if, I wouldn't tell Roxas and Xion that they couldn't exist simply because it's bad storytelling. A little compassion, people.

Also, why does the Ven/Roxas thing keep getting brought up? likewhocaresloltheylookalikeseakysneaky What do you think is going to happen? They perform that twin mirror routine and then switch places hoping their parents will fall in love?

As far as stories go, maybe it's not the best written approach, but the facts have been displayed. They can be their own people, and Sora thinks they deserve that. If it were a real situation, which is ridiculous but if, I wouldn't tell Roxas and Xion that they couldn't exist simply because it's bad storytelling. A little compassion, people.
It's not that I don't have compassion, it's simply something that I feel isn't worth going into, UNLESS however they prove to be useful in the bigger picture. I'm simply looking at the big picture here, and yes it does sound horrible to say it like that, I'm not against them becoming physical beings it just doesn't seem like there would be any reason in kh3. There is already so much (from what it seems) that has to be wrapped up in this saga, granted from what has been said they have alot more room to add much more detail and in depth story telling so who knows. I just don't want it to end up with roxas and xion getting barely any screen time just to make them physical, but that's just me. Interpret this post as you like.

Son Goku

To tell the truth, out of ALL the characters that are "locked away" or "aren't physical"...I think ONLY Ven and Aqua would/should come back. MAYBE Roxas, but that's probably it.
...okay, MAYBE Namine too...BUT only if Roxas gets to come back.
Xion is a no because of obvious reasons.
Terra is a no because his body will be destroyed in order to kill Xemnas.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
タキヨリ フキシマ;6114113 said:
It's not that I don't have compassion, it's simply something that I feel isn't worth going into, UNLESS however they prove to be useful in the bigger picture. I'm simply looking at the big picture here, and yes it does sound horrible to say it like that, I'm not against them becoming physical beings it just doesn't seem like there would be any reason in kh3. There is already so much (from what it seems) that has to be wrapped up in this saga, granted from what has been said they have alot more room to add much more detail and in depth story telling so who knows. I just don't want it to end up with roxas and xion getting barely any screen time just to make them physical, but that's just me. Interpret this post as you like.

Well, saving tormented souls is one of the things that has to be wrapped up in KH3, and Roxas and Xion are among those people. I admit, had everything post-KH2 not happened and Lea not been recompleted, I would have been content with Roxas and Xion being in their current state, but right now, the situation is the opposite.

And while it's tempting to do so, we can't just dismiss their return as fanservice, serving no purpose, and a Chekhov's gun so hastily. Yeah, right now there's no way to prove that it isn't, but there's no way to prove that it is either. For all we know, Sora and co. would need all the help they could get for the final battle, and while it is unknown as of yet whether or not Roxas and Xion could wield the Keyblade with their own hearts, they would most certainly be of help, one way or another.

And as for Ventus and Roxas... truly, it's not a crime to have a pair of lookalikes in a game, is it? I don't mean to sound vitriolic here so I'm sorry if I come off as such, but I really don't get people's concern as to why they shouldn't coexist. Is it because they look similar to each other? That wouldn't be fair, if you ask me. Even in real life, there are lookalikes, complete lookalikes, who are unrelated by blood, and we're fine with them coexisting.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
And as for Ventus and Roxas... truly, it's not a crime to have a pair of lookalikes in a game, is it? I don't mean to sound vitriolic here so I'm sorry if I come off as such, but I really don't get people's concern as to why they shouldn't coexist. Is it because they look similar to each other? That wouldn't be fair, if you ask me. Even in real life, there are lookalikes, complete lookalikes, who are unrelated by blood, and we're fine with them coexisting.

Greatly said, I'll underline that.
Given the amount of times this Ven and Roxas-topic has been already brought up with always the same shallow "reasons" why it can't/shouldn't happen it is also slowly starting to get really annoying, so I won't add anything to the above because that's really all that needs to be said on the matter.

---

As for Roxas, Naminé and Xion (I cannot even believe that people even still call Terra into question), their return has been implied for three games already and one of the primary goals of Kingdom Hearts III is to save those in torment that called out to Sora first in Blank Points.
So saying that isn't "worth going into" practically dismisses one of the two primary plotpoints of KH III that has been build up steadily beside the other primary point which is defeating Xehanort.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Not to mention, the saving plotline was established long before Xehanort's True Organization. I can't believe people aren't pitching more of a fit over having to fight ANOTHER group of 13 cloaked villains.

Ruran

Awards
I think the question though isn't so much if these things have been established well enough so much than if these things should have been major plot points in the first place. Saving those in torment has been established for the longest time, but some simply feel that the current direction the series is taking isn't a good one or could have been handled better. Which I can sympathise with. A lot of us are aware that the writing staff leaves much to be desired and after playing BbS and Days and reevaluating KH2 I can't help but feel that the purpose of a lot of the tragedy is to give Sora something to do. That is to say, since Sora is the main character and needs some sort of conflict and by the end of KH2 most, if not all, of the major plot points were wrapped up so they had to expand the rest of the universe outside of Sora in order to keep the story going. Having pathos based characters in itself isn't a bad thing, but I have a hard time sympathizing with a lot of the characters introduced post-KH2 because most of them blatantly exist to suffer so Sora can save them. On top of that, I can't help feel it's all a bit emotionally manipulative because the bases of all the tragedies are "bad things happen to good people because Xehanort is just a big meanie-face". Which got trite after a while.

TL;DR: Yes, it has been established for a while now that characters are going to be saved, but the overall process could have been done better. Because of subpar writing I simply cannot bring myself to care about a good chunk of the character, and by extension, the plot points that relate to them.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
TL;DR: Yes, it has been established for a while now that characters are going to be saved, but the overall process could have been done better. Because of subpar writing I simply cannot bring myself to care about a good chunk of the character, and by extension, the plot points that relate to them.

I felt similarly at first to a degree, but I realized that it's a better alternative to what I feared. I started to wonder if Nomura was going to continue to introduce characters only to rip apart their lives and then never mention them again. Roxas and Xion to be introduced at all ultimately felt really futile because you knew what was going to happen to them. Terra, Aqua, and Ven felt similarly, but to me there was enough mystery in the resolution of their stories that I didn't mind. I did fear them just getting their fifteen minutes and then never really getting anything other than their lives sucked because Xehalol.

Which is why I think the turning point of the series was Blank Points, it caught me really off guard that maybe not everything was so hopeless. Is that good writing? No, but the series isn't over yet and having the choice between keeping them misterable and having hope I choose to have hope (becauseit'sgoingtohappenanyway)

Son Goku

I have a feeling that only 1 or 2 characters will be "saved" in KH3. They'll probably spread it out even more. ALSO I bet KH3 will NOT be the end of Xehanort. Just trigger the BEGINNING of the next Keyblade War. (Given several more games for the 7 lights to come together and get the full training they each need.)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Son Gokū;6114192 said:
I have a feeling that only 1 or 2 characters will be "saved" in KH3. They'll probably spread it out even more. ALSO I bet KH3 will NOT be the end of Xehanort. Just trigger the BEGINNING of the next Keyblade War. (Given several more games for the 7 lights to come together and get the full training they each need.)
I wouldn't put money on that bet. This game is the end of the Xehanort arc, as said by Nomura many many times.

Son Goku

Just because it's the end of his saga, doesn't end it's the end of him in general. I just don't see them getting through ALL the anticipated stuff in just one game... :/

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Son Gokū;6114198 said:
Just because it's the end of his saga, doesn't end it's the end of him in general. I just don't see them getting through ALL the anticipated stuff in just one game... :/

To see him again in KH4 and beyond would be... ugh, I don't know. That'd just leave a bitter feeling, at least for me, about the writers. They couldn't possibly not come up with a new villain, could they? Mentions about Xehanort may be there and it's alright, possibly in remembrance of how some worlds are ruined becase of him, but seeing his person again in flesh and bone... I don't know how to feel.

KH3 is the final showdown after all, so it's just natural that it's high time Xehanort (finally) perished for good.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I dont see their meeting being to odd though Roxas' surprise at a shared face may happen for the first few seconds.

As for who I think should return and such, I'd rather not get into that again. xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Not to mention, the saving plotline was established long before Xehanort's True Organization. I can't believe people aren't pitching more of a fit over having to fight ANOTHER group of 13 cloaked villains.

While that is true as well, the second major plot point being the final defeat of Xehanort was also introduced early and there where also hints at an ominuous "secret true goal" of the Organisation XIII way back in the supplementary material to KH 2. So some basic ground framework was already there, although I admit that there being a second Organisation, the introduction of another method to forge the X-blade as well as the time-travel shenanigans were only introduced recently.

I think the question though isn't so much if these things have been established well enough so much than if these things should have been major plot points in the first place. Saving those in torment has been established for the longest time, but some simply feel that the current direction the series is taking isn't a good one or could have been handled better. Which I can sympathise with. A lot of us are aware that the writing staff leaves much to be desired and after playing BbS and Days and reevaluating KH2 I can't help but feel that the purpose of a lot of the tragedy is to give Sora something to do. That is to say, since Sora is the main character and needs some sort of conflict and by the end of KH2 most, if not all, of the major plot points were wrapped up so they had to expand the rest of the universe outside of Sora in order to keep the story going. Having pathos based characters in itself isn't a bad thing, but I have a hard time sympathizing with a lot of the characters introduced post-KH2 because most of them blatantly exist to suffer so Sora can save them. On top of that, I can't help feel it's all a bit emotionally manipulative because the bases of all the tragedies are "bad things happen to good people because Xehanort is just a big meanie-face". Which got trite after a while.

It's no secret that the majority of the writers working on KH's scenarios are mediocre and that Nomura, as good as his ideas may be, constantly underachieves in how to present them properly.
This ties into the issue with the mediocre writers as well because in the end it's Nomura who has to approve of a proposed scenario, so if a proposal is not well thought out enough he could (and should) reject it and demand an improved one.

How much one is willing to look past the flaws in the writing (or not) is certainly an issue that should be taken into consideration, however I do not think that one should decry the whole plot after KH 2 as unneccessary or beyond salvation just because he/she doesn't like the way it is moving and some writing flaws.
On the other side of the spectrum there are also many fans who like the "new characters" introduced (yes, that includes Xion despite the widespread hate she gets) and want to see more of them because these characters have more potential to explore.
That these characters simply exist to suffer so Sora can save them is actually a valid point, I can see where that one comes from, but that too could be remedied if these characters can get roles that go beyond "suffering so Sora can save them". However, the way the story is build so far is already set in stone, so any chance for these characters to get some more merit is after the whole "Sora saves them"-schtick is done and over with. The whole possibility goes completely down the drain though if they aren't saved at all and remain those one-shot characters that got introduced just to disappear/be offed/gone in the same game they were introduced.
The issue of "all is Xehanort's fault" may have to do with the whole first saga being a villain based saga, as while Sora is the "main protagonist" and it primarily revolves around "his" story and those connected to him, the actual driving force behind everything is Xehanort, and frankly, not counting Riku and Lea/Axel, Xehanort may have had most of the spotlight/character exposition so far befitting a saga based on him.

If they want to shake things up, maybe in the next saga they should not base it around one overaching villain, but introduce a different overaching element that ties all together in one saga.
Maybe they can even forego introducing one main arch-villain at all and work with different sets of villains (which may have the same goal) instead.

I felt similarly at first to a degree, but I realized that it's a better alternative to what I feared. I started to wonder if Nomura was going to continue to introduce characters only to rip apart their lives and then never mention them again. Roxas and Xion to be introduced at all ultimately felt really futile because you knew what was going to happen to them. Terra, Aqua, and Ven felt similarly, but to me there was enough mystery in the resolution of their stories that I didn't mind. I did fear them just getting their fifteen minutes and then never really getting anything other than their lives sucked because Xehalol.

Which is why I think the turning point of the series was Blank Points, it caught me really off guard that maybe not everything was so hopeless. Is that good writing? No, but the series isn't over yet and having the choice between keeping them misterable and having hope I choose to have hope (becauseit'sgoingtohappenanyway)

That is also a very good point. The reason why quite a number of fans want many (or all) of the suffering characters back and see more of them is because starting with KH 2 Nomura really has/had a knack to introduce new, potentially interesting characters only to break them apart and have them disappear either the same game they are introduced or the next game after that.
I can emphasize with this very well because that's also something that greatly bothers me personally, although it also goes hand in hand with Ruran's claim of the characters being "introduced just for the tragedy/suffering", because that's exactly how it played out for any main character that isn't named Sora, Riku and Kairi.

The main difference is indeed how one's stance towards remedying the current situation is, and I am certainly also all for the more hopeful outlook despite all mediocre writing that's making the way bumpy.

Son Gokū;6114192 said:

Your feeling goes against several instances that have claimed and hinted otherwise though, and that KH III will be the end of Xehanort as a main villain and his schemes has been flat out said by Nomura more than once already.

Son Goku

Your feeling goes against several instances that have claimed and hinted otherwise though, and that KH III will be the end of Xehanort as a main villain and his schemes has been flat out said by Nomura more than once already.

So you really think ALL of this will happen in a single game?:
1. Sora completing his training he left at the end of DDD for.
2. Kairi becoming a Keyblade Master.
3. Sora becoming a Keyblade Master.
4. Lea becoming a Keyblade Master.
5. Rescue Ventus.
6. Rescue Aqua.
7. 7 Lights will come together.
8. All 13 Xehanort clones will be fully transformed.
9. The 7vs13 fight will both begin and end in full.
10. All 13 darknesses will be destroyed.
.....I could go on. :/

Unless they create more side games that take place inbetween DDD and KH3, I don't think so...
KH3 would have to be the LONGEST of any games yet to fit everything in without the story becoming dumb. ...They still have to fit all those Disney worlds too...

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Son Gokū;6114813 said:
5. Rescue Ventus.
6. Rescue Aqua.

Unless they create more side games that take place inbetween DDD and KH3, I don't think so...
KH3 would have to be the LONGEST of any games yet to fit everything in without the story becoming dumb. ...They still have to fit all those Disney worlds too...

From that list, we can eliminate at least three points, and those are Sora, Kairi, and Lea becoming Keyblade Masters. There is currently no need for them to assume the role of Keyblade Masters, just wielders, and they indeed are already wielders. Also, Sora didn't left to train at the end of DDD; he revisited the Traverse Town in the Realm of Sleep to thank the Dream Eaters that had helped him throughout the events of DDD.

From what was ten, there is now six, and it's more manageable now, wouldn't you think? Sure, KH3 will be long and is likely to be the longest game of the bunch, but I don't expect less in terms of the length since, after all, it's the final game in the series in which many loose ends need to be tied up.

Ruran

Awards
Will probably address some other posts later but for now-

Son Gokū;6114813 said:
5. Rescue Ventus.
6. Rescue Aqua.

Out of your list only about half those things need addressing:

1.He went back to the RoS to say goodbye to his Dream Eaters.
2.Kairi doesn't need to become a master
3.Sora doesn't care about becoming a master. He didn't even want to take the MoM, he just did it to give Riku moral support. There's nothing Sora really gains from becoming a master other than a fancy title since he did complete the exam and got everything he needed.
4.Lea doesn't need to become a master
5.This will most likely be done.
6.This will also most likely be done.
7.This is kind of the point of KH3, along with #9.
8.This doesn't need to happen
9.Since #7 is the point and #8 doesn't need to happen this will also happen.
10.It's less than that really. I'm assuming time travel shenanigans will play a part again since a chunk of the 'Norts don't "exist" anymore. e.g. Ansem SoD, Xemnas, YMX.

KH3 will have a LOT to cover but a good chunk of the stuff you mentioned doesn't need addressing for one reason or another. Either it's a non issue or not a priority. Pacing for this game is something we all fear, but main KH games tend to be long. Basically, it's a lot of stuff but not so much that it couldn't be handled if the game was sixty-seventy hours plus. KH3 is supposed to be the end of the Xehanort saga (I'm pretty sure this has been stated, but I don't know where to begin digging *twiddles thumbs and waits for Sephy...* ._.). I'll be damned if it goes on any longer, this is supposed to be the climax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back