• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Vanitas & Aqua

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
After Aqua fought Vanitas in Radiant Garden, what did he mean by "You'll be my back-up plan"? If he wasn't able to fuse with Ven and created the X-Blade, what would he need Aqua for?

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
1) It might be a mistranslation, but unlikely since the translator got most of the other translations correct, but you can never be too sure.
2) I think he would want to take over her body and use her power if Ventus didn't get stronger, even though the X-blade wouldn't be created. I don't think Vanitas knows that Aqua might not have a lot of darkness in her for him to take her over, unless he would get her pissed off and make her fall deep enough into darkness for him to take over her body. Also, maybe Vanitas didn't care if the X-blade was created as long as he became the powerful one. I would believe he would want to use Aqua over Terra because Aqua was somewhat stronger than Terra or maybe because MX wanted to use Terra so Vanitas would use Aqua if Ventus wasn't useful.

What I first thought about was how Ansem SOD took over Riku's body through Riku's darkness and by making Riku fall into deeper darkness, but Riku had a lot of darkness in him, so I'm really not sure what Vanitas was aiming at.

Last edited:

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
why do you think she became a Master and Terra didn't?

Anyways, i think it might be a mistranslation.

The reason Aqua became a Master and Terra didn't was because his darkness showed itself during the Master Qualification Exam.
I just think Aqua is stronger than Terra, that's all
Of course I could be wrong.

Key

Exile
Awards
The reason Aqua became a Master and Terra didn't was because his darkness showed itself during the Master Qualification Exam.
I just think Aqua is stronger than Terra, that's all
Of course I could be wrong.

She still IS stronger than Terra. i mean,

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Skykh

Spoiler Spoiler Show

LOL, give me the evidence. Terranort=Mx in terra body and by far i know LS (terra in armor) > Terranort

Aqua>terranort+guardian

Aqua+mickey< Vantus

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
The excited state decays by vibrational relaxation into the first excited singlet state. Yes, yes, and merrily we go. Reduce atmospheric nitrogen by 0.03%. It is not much consolation that society will pick up the bits, leaving us at eight modern where punishment, rather than interdiction, is paramount. Please, cut the fuse. They will not harm their own. End of line. Limiting diffusions to two dimensions increases the number of evolutionary jumps within the species. Rise and measure the Temple of the Five. Transformation is the goal. They will not harm their own.

Samhain

Bronze Member
After Aqua fought Vanitas in Radiant Garden, what did he mean by "You'll be my back-up plan"? If he wasn't able to fuse with Ven and created the X-Blade, what would he need Aqua for?
the whole point for vanitas saying "you'll be my back up plan" because he knows she is strong and that would mean feeding ven's anger. he's trying to feed ven's anger so he can become at the same strong level as vanitas himself so they can balence out and create the x blade.

thats all. he doesnt wanna fuse wit aqua. remember what vanitas said?
"good job. now my body will be destroyed and we will fuse to make the x blade."
the whole point is fo vanitas almost killin aqua to feed more of vens anger. thats it. like xehanort feeding more of terras anger.
2) I think he would want to take over her body and use her power if Ventus didn't get stronger, even though the X-blade wouldn't be created. I don't think Vanitas knows that Aqua might not have a lot of darkness in her for him to take her over, unless he would get her pissed off and make her fall deep enough into darkness for him to take over her body.
no. vanitas wuld still be interested in ven. he wanted the x blade to be completed. he was following xehanorts plans no matter how "pure darkness" he is. he was still just a follower.

"ah, ventus. has he gotten any stronger yet?"
Also, maybe Vanitas didn't care if the X-blade was created as long as he became the powerful one.
vanitas whole goal in the story was to get the x blade. he wants that x blade. him and xehanort were plannin to get it to unlock kingdom hearts and thus the keyblade war will begin once again.
yes.
and this angered terra and xehanort used this to feed terra's anger

Spoiler Spoiler Show
dude u dont need to put spoilers. this is the spoiler section. thats the whole point.

and she is not stronger than terra. yes she beat terranort when he was dealin wit an internal struggle and terra popping in and out screwing around with the body. the whole point is aqua used this to her advantage and beat xehanort. doesnt mean shes stronger than him.

xehanort couldnt control the body 100% and it shows that to us multiple times in the game. terra is stronger than aqua.

PS: givin a heads up.
terranort is stronger than vantus wit vanitas fused into ven.
way stronger.

terranort is the strongest keyblade master of his time but failed due to terra messin around constantly. i dont think that would happen anymre by kh3. i think terra is basically screwed throughout the entire game and his heart is completely helpless while xehanort is causing mando destructon like in bbs till at the end of the game.

FadedSunrise

1) It might be a mistranslation, but unlikely since the translator got most of the other translations correct, but you can never be too sure.

Excuse my not qualified Japanese, but I don't think it's mistranslated. He said "omae wa yobi da", or so I heard, and yobi literally means "spare", like spare part, while omae is a form of "you". Which in context would probably mean something along the lines of you will be my backup plan.

As far as why though, no idea, especially since this point doesn't seem to have been pursued further in the plot. =/

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
If he can't endanger Terra to piss off Ventus, then Aqua, I think is what he means. And I can't believe there's another reference to family! "I was told to go with my parents" - Ven
"Your parents?" - Terra
*Terra and Aqua stare at each other and giggle*

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
the whole point for vanitas saying "you'll be my back up plan" because he knows she is strong and that would mean feeding ven's anger. he's trying to feed ven's anger so he can become at the same strong level as vanitas himself so they can balence out and create the x blade.

thats all. he doesnt wanna fuse wit aqua. remember what vanitas said?
"good job. now my body will be destroyed and we will fuse to make the x blade."
the whole point is fo vanitas almost killin aqua to feed more of vens anger. thats it. like xehanort feeding more of terras anger.

no. vanitas wuld still be interested in ven. he wanted the x blade to be completed. he was following xehanorts plans no matter how "pure darkness" he is. he was still just a follower.

"ah, ventus. has he gotten any stronger yet?"

vanitas whole goal in the story was to get the x blade. he wants that x blade. him and xehanort were plannin to get it to unlock kingdom hearts and thus the keyblade war will begin once again.

Actually, I didn't think of it like that in bold, thanks, makes more sense

@FadedSunrise: I knew it likely wasn't mistranslated, but the person who translated that vid messed up on another vid they translated(minor translating error), which is why I said you never know if they made an error

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Originally they wanted Ven to chase Terra and kill unversed to make Ven stronger. If that wasn't enough to make Ven and Vanitas equal in power, then Vanitas would kill Aqua to make Ven use his true power. As we saw Vanitas tried to kill Aqua but just the sight of his friend about to be killed was enough to make Ven's power come out and thus he was equal to Vanitas in strength.

That is all Vanitas meant by Aqua would be a back up plan.

Also Aqua became a master not cause she was stronger than Terra but because Terra's darkness was growing and Eraqus after reading MX's letter decided and seeing Terra's darkness in the MQE decided it was too much of a risk to make Terra a master and chose Aqua instead. If anything I think Aqua and Terra are equal to eachother in over all strength atleast until Terra's power increased with the darkness.

Z

Zulkir

It's hard to near-impossible to gauge character strengths. We have to take into account how much terra's "struggling" inside terranort affected Xehanorts ability to fight, I'd say a fully unhindered Xehanort in Terra's body would be stronger than anyone.

Mini-analogy list:

Eraqus: War general in old'ish body

Ven: Young soldier in young body(not of age)

Terra: Young sergeant, moderately experienced but good body.

Aqua: Mature and composed, experienced soldier in young body.

Master Xehanort: Highly Experienced, but in old body so he can't use that experience to full effect.

Terranort: Deadliest combo, a veteran general's experience in a young able body.

EDIT: Eh, non-digressing, I suppose Vanitas could try to possess Aqua, not sure if it would work, since Vanitas is essentially Ventus.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
It's hard to near-impossible to gauge character strengths. We have to take into account how much terra's "struggling" inside terranort affected Xehanorts ability to fight, I'd say a fully unhindered Xehanort in Terra's body would be stronger than anyone.

Mini-analogy list:

Eraqus: War general in old'ish body

Ven: Young soldier in young body(not of age)

Terra: Young sergeant, moderately experienced but good body.

Aqua: Mature and composed, experienced soldier in young body.

Master Xehanort: Highly Experienced, but in old body so he can't use that experience to full effect.

Terranort: Deadliest combo, a veteran general's experience in a young able body.

EDIT: Eh, non-digressing, I suppose Vanitas could try to possess Aqua, not sure if it would work, since Vanitas is essentially Ventus.

Ummmm no MX raped TAV on the game so no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back