• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Utada for 358/2 Days?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
but com had songs too and it was on freaking gba,i dont see any reason not to make a new theme for days
songs? know, they had original soundtrack, but the only song thy had was simple and clean (or hikari). it wasn't "new". it was already in kh1.

~azure.requiem

「fukanou.wa.NANIMO. desu」
Awards
Website
azure-requiem.tumblr.com
what about PSP? psp can handle twice as much or maybe even 3 times as much DS can handle (in memory and performance). and i'm not saying psp is better, just that it can handle more.

i think BBS should have its own song.

~ i'm just sayin' it's a repeat of CoM. an in-between game, catch my drift? btw, bbs does have a theme. it's called fate of the unknown.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I agree that it'll get Sanctuary.

All the side games will probably just get old songs.

Allister Rose

French Lover
yeah but my point is ,that memory isnt an issue,given the fact that com had a song too and it was in gba,why days cant have one?even if it is one we already heard

i didnt say memory was an issue, i just think the new songs are much more deserving to the higher quality consoles. my point is, the higher quality games will always have the most deserving song.

like PSP, it can handle much more, so of course they will add the song there.

but it would be cool if they add a new song and both 358/2 days and BBS sharing it.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
i didnt say memory was an issue, i just think the new songs are much more deserving to the higher quality consoles. my point is, the higher quality games will always have the most deserving song.

like PSP, it can handle much more, so of course they will add the song there.

but it would be cool if they add a new song and both 358/2 days and BBS sharing it.
gotta agree with you,utada either you have that song written or start writing it now

paopusinner101

Im sorta upset by Sanctuary is being used again.
but it makes sense: KH1 and COM= Simple and Clean
and KH2 and Days= Sanctuary.
Coded is on a phone, it doesnt matter.
but BBS will more than likely get a new song. *prays*

Door_To_Nothing

Personally, I think that the song for Days will be Sactuary/Passion. I think this because the game is very relative to the characters from Kingdom Hearts II, which used the above song.

As for Birth By Sleep, I do think that there will be a new song. Why? The songs before have been relative to Sora and co. But now, they have disappeared from the main storyline! Plus, Birth By Sleep is meant to be the big revealer of many things in the Kingdom Hearts Universe, so it should be fitting to have a new song to go with all of these revelations of new things.

And then there's Coded... I think that we can totally rule out Simple and Clean/Hikari. That song has been used in Kingdom Hearts games too early to be fitting to the one that will be the latest of the 3 upcoming games. Perhaps Sanctuary/Passion, because Square Enix/Disney has shown the habit of using a song in its original game and then its direct sequel, as shown by Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories both having Simple and Clean/Hikari as their theme.

And for those who DARE to delve into the music of Kingdom Hearts 3... I'm thinking either:
a) The new song that I predict from Birth By Sleep.
b) A new song IF one isn't released for Birth By Sleep.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Personally, I think that the song for Days will be Sactuary/Passion. I think this because the game is very relative to the characters from Kingdom Hearts II, which used the above song.

As for Birth By Sleep, I do think that there will be a new song. Why? The songs before have been relative to Sora and co. But now, they have disappeared from the main storyline! Plus, Birth By Sleep is meant to be the big revealer of many things in the Kingdom Hearts Universe, so it should be fitting to have a new song to go with all of these revelations of new things.

And then there's Coded... I think that we can totally rule out Simple and Clean/Hikari. That song has been used in Kingdom Hearts games too early to be fitting to the one that will be the latest of the 3 upcoming games. Perhaps Sanctuary/Passion, because Square Enix/Disney has shown the habit of using a song in its original game and then its direct sequel, as shown by Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories both having Simple and Clean/Hikari as their theme.

And for those who DARE to delve into the music of Kingdom Hearts 3... I'm thinking either:
a) The new song that I predict from Birth By Sleep.
b) A new song IF one isn't released for Birth By Sleep.

personally i think kh3 will use a remix of BBS new song

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Why would they remix a song for KH3? You talk about it like it will be rapidly released after BBS, it'll probably take up to three or four more years after BBS to make KH3 at which point Utada would have been able to have a new song ready and be over her BBS hype. They also wouldn't have to use a brand new song for BBS, but a remix of one they haven't used assuming SE gets the rights to it.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Why would they remix a song for KH3? You talk about it like it will be rapidly released after BBS, it'll probably take up to three or four more years after BBS to make KH3 at which point Utada would have been able to have a new song ready and be over her BBS hype. They also wouldn't have to use a brand new song for BBS, but a remix of one they haven't used assuming SE gets the rights to it.

well i honestly dont care what you think.

did you not read the comment i quoted? i was going by that comment, you have something against my comment?> please be against the others.

BBS is the most original kh series since it has completely new cast of characters (kh original characters) so really, i believe a new song should go with the new characters.

358/2 days isnt exactly fully original in cast. so really, we can expect a sanctuary song or simple and clean

EDIT: also kh1 used a simple and clean remix opening, why not for kh3 for the BBS song?

Zeagal

Lick It Good
This goes both ways. I voiced my opinion.

did you not read the comment i quoted? i was going by that comment, you have something against my comment?> please be against the others.
No I read the comment you quoted and I have nothing against what you said. I just don't agree with it. What are you trying to say with the bolded part?

BBS is the most original kh series since it has completely new cast of characters (kh original characters) so really, i believe a new song should go with the new characters.[/uote]
First, BBS is a game not a series. Second I agree it is one of the most original games in the series because it involves newly introduced characters in the spotlight rather than Sora. I also agree that BBS would get a new song because of that reason in addition to it being unrelated as far as the KH1, COM and KH2, Days pairings are.

358/2 days isnt exactly fully original in cast. so really, we can expect a sanctuary song or simple and clean
Yes I know this too. I think it will get Sanctuary/Passion because it's somewhat related to KH2 as COM was to KH1.

also kh1 used a simple and clean remix opening, why not for kh3 for the BBS song?
I don't get what you are saying here. KH1 used a remix of Simple and Clean...so what?

Allister Rose

French Lover
This goes both ways. I voiced my opinion.

No I read the comment you quoted and I have nothing against what you said. I just don't agree with it. What are you trying to say with the bolded part?

BBS is the most original kh series since it has completely new cast of characters (kh original characters) so really, i believe a new song should go with the new characters.[/uote]
First, BBS is a game not a series. Second I agree it is one of the most original games in the series because it involves newly introduced characters in the spotlight rather than Sora. I also agree that BBS would get a new song because of that reason in addition to it being unrelated as far as the KH1, COM and KH2, Days pairings are.

Yes I know this too. I think it will get Sanctuary/Passion because it's somewhat related to KH2 as COM was to KH1.

I don't get what you are saying here. KH1 used a remix of Simple and Clean...so what?

so why cant kh3 have the BBS song but in remix?

Zeagal

Lick It Good
so why cant kh3 have the BBS song but in remix?
And you used KH1 having a remix of Simple and Clean as an example because? In my opinion it wouldn't for reasons you already said. The games involve different characters. You said yourself BBS is one of the most original games in the series because it has brand new characters. KH3 would not only be unrelated to BBS in terms of KH1 being related to COM, but it would be several years in between and wouldn't reflect a spin off inbetween filler game what so ever. Not to mention KH3 would be on a major console, those are the games you have brand new openings for, especially if KH3 ends up being the last in the series, they wouldn't have a remix of an opening of another game for the finale. They should both have different themes, preferably new in my opinion, and if BBS doesn't have an all new song it would be either Sanctuary or Simple and Clean.

Raiinu K.D.

Awards
Well, as ~azure.requiem said, Birth by Sleep seems to already have its own new song for a main theme, and that's "Fate of the Unknown," which was played in not only the KH2FM+ secret ending, but in both of the trailers. I'm not saying that it's confirmed, but just that it would make the most sense. xD

As for 358/2 Days, I'm going to assume some form of "Passion/Sanctuary", as most have already said. Or possibly even "The Other Promise" o_o! Do you not agree?

Coded is where I'm not so sure. The official Web site has "Destati" playing in the background, if memory serves. Do you think that's a possibility?

xgnarmanx

BBS is the most original kh series since it has completely new cast of characters (kh original characters) so really, i believe a new song should go with the new characters.

EDIT: also kh1 used a simple and clean remix opening, why not for kh3 for the BBS song?

Actually kh1 in the most original kh game since...thats where the whole series started ( game release time line not story timeline)

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Actually kh1 in the most original kh game since...thats where the whole series started ( game release time line not story timeline)
Not to go off topic but no, not really. Just because it's the first doesn't make it the most original especially when you have several games following the story of the same characters. BBS is original in it's own way apart from the other series because a lot of the main characters, TAV, MX, DS are knew to the series for the most part.
Well, as ~azure.requiem said, Birth by Sleep seems to already have its own new song for a main theme, and that's "Fate of the Unknown," which was played in not only the KH2FM+ secret ending, but in both of the trailers. I'm not saying that it's confirmed, but just that it would make the most sense. xD
Just because it's used doesn't mean they would play a song that is essentially a battle theme for its opening. It would be odd in my opinion to use it.

Grey

As for 358/2 Days, I'm going to assume some form of "Passion/Sanctuary", as most have already said. Or possibly even "The Other Promise" o_o! Do you not agree?

Coded is where I'm not so sure. The official Web site has "Destati" playing in the background, if memory serves. Do you think that's a possibility?

It seems like each game has it's own Opening Theme and it's own Instrumental Theme. No, they aren't the same; the instrumental themes are generally the ones played in-game, like Destati, The Other Promise, and Fate of the Unknown.

The Opening Themes are the ones with actual lyrics, which have so far been sung by Utada Hikaru.

For example, I would guess that 358/2 Days' Instrumental Theme would be "The Other Promise", because it's Roxas's theme, and Roxas is the main character. Days' Opening Theme will be Passion/Sanctuary, because it's been used in a Trailer, first off, and secondly because it has such big ties to KH2, which originally used Passion/Sanctuary. I could also see a remix of Passion/Sanctuary being used for Days.

I want Utada to stay with the series, and I could totally see BbS having it's own brand-new Utada song. In all honesty, I could see them using a remix of it for KH3, but I agree that it wouldn't make any sense.

Unfortunately, I could see them opting to use a different singer for BbS, since it's darker than any of the previous KH games...but then again, Utada could just as easily create a darker-sounding theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back