• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Closed Trust is [NOT] Resolute

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

purgatory

Awards
I'd say if we've gotten this far with the smallest crew ever, some more down time shouldn't be a bad thing. It really has gotten a bit more difficult to post away from where the marker is for my character maturity wise, and months will go by and my mental shifts away from the original path, so it feels sorta spacey to write from where I left off when I am not occupying that same head space anymore.

Idk, just an observation ^^;

Deimos

Awards
Granted, a lot of conversations have been held mostly off thread. I'm still in, checking in, and hopefully there will be a development to advance into the next chapter relatively soon. Beyond that, I hope you've all been well, in good spirits, and in good health :3

Just Dari

eclipsed & jaded
Awards
I have some closing thoughts to lay out on here about the sixth chapter starting.

Look everyone thats still participating and/or reading. 2020 sucked. 2021 was not much better. I continue to contribute and keep this story going until it's conclusion because really it's one of my brainchild's from way back when.

Decided to do a bit of catch up with the post and explain all information gathered over the course of the roleplay itself and tried to make it as digestible and comprehensive as possible. It's just really been a challenge considering the longer it goes on, the direction and ideas can shift between information that becomes canon (melody of memories for example).

Hope everyone enjoys the post itself and I hope to see you all on the thread soon.

-Dar

Last edited:

purgatory

Awards
That being said, i'll briefly cover a few things that didn't get expanded upon in the chapter 6 intro.

Purification. Sealing. Exorcism.

These are the means of dealing with the enemy addressed, IE: "The Darkness". If we are counting the hybrids in any capacity, then Eth's All's End: Paragon of Light "purified" the threat neutralizing those masses of "darkness" completely.

Sealing. This is actually canon, and referenced in the source material as the Master of Master's original plan to seal the darkness within himself and his six apprentices, stagnating the number of remaining enemies to thirteen. It is assumed this is outcome came to be, and we are essentially "Vessels" for the remaining thirteen based on the information Shiki provided from her investigation. Theres been no means (in canon anyway) that explicitly explains how this is possible to achieve, but without spoiling anything, we already have the means to perform this option.

Exorcism. We know this to be the power to remove something from the world line in addition to negating the effects of Omni or as we know it, Resolve.

The All's End technique is cameo as far back as Deimos first encounter with the Lingering Will at the beginning of the roleplay. It served to be the original teacher of the technique in this roleplay from the start. Given only two people (Saebyeolbe and Eth) have had a confrontation with it, they were technically the only two that learned it before everyone else did. Per the time-skip, everyone on the roster has learned it.

So what is the All's End? It is this roleplay's version of a limit breaking technique inspired by Birth By Sleep's Lingering Will vs Terranort encounter. The user creates a space that they have complete and total sovereignty over that is of a light affinity as it is based in light. It's seen as a last resort to completely overwhelm an opponent caught within your individual Resolute's All's End.

Naturally (only) in a training environment, can a Resolute use their All's End against another resolute. Here is where it gets interesting. The two different spaces actually overlap and will eventually cancel each other out automatically after a duration of 4 minutes {240 seconds) of both being active at the same time. Something to be mindful of. At this time, you are alloted to create 4 different variations.

Deimos

Awards
I've enjoyed the two most recent posts very much, seeing as nothing major is happening, this next post should be fairly short and sweet ;)

Deimos

Awards
Apologies for double post, but I am very proud of this most recent post. I hope you all enjoy it, there is a lot of music in there as opposed to normal, had a series of influences as I was writing it. Enjoy ;)

Just Dari

eclipsed & jaded
Awards
First off, well done. You may want to just do a follow up with Lumi with the amount of powerplay in this post just to check your boxes if she's ok with it. She may not be active, but she does in fact read the thread and each post.

Small things like dialogue and minor actions is fine, but your did a collection of major actions and dialogue. The stuff regarding Brandt and DW Shiki is fine however.

Deimos

Awards
If anything needs to be changed please let me know! I was in the process of editing additional parts to the post towards the end and cleaning up my terrible grammar mistakes ;)

Just Dari

eclipsed & jaded
Awards
I hate doing this to you Deimos, but I hope my Komaeda post gets my point across. While I respect your character's overwhelming sense of compassion, that was a hard Empathy-check and "who's side are you on" for him. I hope you can deal with it accordingly, because i'll be damned if YOU get anyone killed.

Deimos

Awards
Ah...well to be fair I did it to myself ^^; Sae's sense of mercy seems pretty questionable right now doesn't it? If for no other reason than well...it is a different Shiki.