• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► TRON: Legacy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Hey. At the end of the Flynn Lives thing on the bonus features it shows "Space Paranoids" being played. Type the word "All" in at the top and you'll get like 9 more segments of special features related to the Flynn Lives stuff.

And Forever Atlas: It was the 5 disc one if you had $5 reserve down on it.

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
i jusat watched flynn lives and it was great! im glad i saw Tron on youtube then a bootleg Tron:legacy and then rewatched them both when i got them for christmas. im only 18 so i missed Tron by like 13yrs but still both movies are AWESOME. im actually looking forward to Tron: Uprising. either way i think my mom would watch it just to hear Bruce Boxlietner's voice (she loves the man....though he is still good looking)

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
So I don't know if any of you caught a few weeks ago a video on the web known as Tron: Destiny. What I thought at first to be a fan-made video has now been taken down due to copyright infractions from WB and Disney among others, so now I'm leaning more towards it being a leak of something real.

What it pretty much showed was parts of the grid coming into the real world with a whole new set of people. It seems like a completely unrelated story arc to the regular Tron continuity. I'm curious as to why the video was taken down because it really seemed like shabby Fan-made quality. The only infraction I could think of was the music they did indeed have overlaying the video was from Tron: Legacy. But then YouTube just usually takes out the audio, not the whole video and user accounts. So who knows.

Edit: Okay found a link where the video is still up. It claims that it is still fan-made even though the videos were taken down. It's kind of slow until the end which turns out to be pretty impressive. Still cool to watch:

http://www.flixist.com/update-on-awesome-tron-destiny-leaked-fan-video-198799.phtml

Last edited:

Trjen

Re: ≈Ã≈

I couldn't standw the movie, I thought it was extremely cheesy. =(

Awards
The production value on that fan trailer is nice with the graphics and camerawork (though Sark's face looks a bit odd for some reason).
Acting is pretty spotty, but that's understandable.

What is there to not love 8(

The movie has a serious problem with:

- pacing and balance between exposition and action (the first act is most of the action, the second really drags its feet and it doesn't really pick up again until toward the end)
- instances of poorly written or executed dialogue (eg Kevin Flynn calling Quorra "my apprentice," which comes off incredibly corny, or Sam's remark, "That's a big door," which, while a nice throwback to the original film, is delivered horribly). I also found Sam and Kevin's reunion not as emotional as it should be.
- themes that were touched upon but not entirely fleshed out (the implication the ISOs had for life/philosophy, being one)
- the titular character was misused (Tron was nothing more than a set up for the next movie, he's practically relegated to the role of a cameo in this one and there isn't much resolution to his story- he does turn good, yeah, but it's intentionally left to the viewer to think of what happens after this with the obvious motive being a third film.)

There were other instances where I found the script to be weak too. For instance, why does Quorra try to "remove herself from the equation"? What good came of that? She got caught but it wasn't like she was biding Sam and Kevin any time. It just ended up in another rescue operation.
I also found Tron's conversion to be somewhat unbelievable and out of the blue. There wasn't really any gradual change, the character pulls a complete 180. I know in the interviews they talk about how he started having doubts the first time he came into contact with a user again (when he fought Sam), but hardly any of this is really portrayed on screen.

Yet, despite all of this, I still like this film a lot. Oddly enough, I think it suffers many of the same issues that the original does. Both are sort of a guilty pleasure of mine where I look past their flaws and admit that, yeah, I enjoy them.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
*coughobviousSam Flynn = Turncoughcough*
260bas2.jpg

What specifically? Just wondering.
The film in general, but especially the cinematography, music and art direction.

I agree with most of Grass's points, though. It's definitely the sort of movie that it helps to kind of turn off your brain to enjoy.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
260bas2.jpg

The film in general, but especially the cinematography, music and art direction.

I agree with most of Grass's points, though. It's definitely the sort of movie that it helps to kind of turn off your brain to enjoy.

Same here with the turning off part, I thought the same with sucked punches. and i too loved the music

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I just saw the movie back in April, and I have to say, it was pretty good. I can't really remember the original Tron too well.'
The CGi Jeff Bridges really really bugged me. But other then that I didn't complain, I also turned of my brain to enjoy it lol

good popcorn flick.

Last edited:

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I recently bought Tron: Legacy on blu-ray, watched, loved it but it did leave me with one question. I didn't really get why the ISO's where supposed to change science, religion etc. in the real world? Can someone explain this to me?

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
I recently bought Tron: Legacy on blu-ray, watched, loved it but it did leave me with one question. I didn't really get why the ISO's where supposed to change science, religion etc. in the real world? Can someone explain this to me?

According to Flynn, their genetic code was beyond that of any other program. Remember his whole spiel about something that would "reshape the human condition"? He was referring to the ISOs.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
According to Flynn, their genetic code was beyond that of any other program. Remember his whole spiel about something that would "reshape the human condition"? He was referring to the ISOs.

Yeah that part I understood but I don't understand as to how the genetic code of an ISO could reshape the human condition, I don't really get what's so special about them other that they appeared out of nowhere :)

Crimson Jazz

Yeah that part I understood but I don't understand as to how the genetic code of an ISO could reshape the human condition, I don't really get what's so special about them other that they appeared out of nowhere :)

I guess Flynn could manipulate their code to revolutionize human tech, medicine, etc.

It's never fully explained...

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Look back over the scene after Quorra's been damaged and they're looking through her genetic coding. That should give a better explanation :3

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Look back over the scene after Quorra's been damaged and they're looking through her genetic coding. That should give a better explanation :3

The orange thingy that Flynn removed, is that what you're referring to? :)

By removing it, the arm that was supposedly lost, began regenerating right?

And yeah, they were supa dupa smart, don't know why it's only know that I think about that, probably because Quorra was acting all naive, I might've forgetten that she was very smart. It's like Quorra became all human like y'know, at the end when flying I think she even was improvising a bit, which makes her a whole lot different than a program.

Crimson Jazz

The orange thingy that Flynn removed, is that what you're referring to? :)

By removing it, the arm that was supposedly lost, began regenerating right?

No, that was the part of her genetic code that was damaged. I'm sure of that. I think Lance is referring to the conversation that Kevin and Sam were having on the Solar Sailor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back