• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Trailer Analysis

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Not sure if this helps with anything but the star looks like it's hollow in the middle.
Not sure who the crossing swords is. It being Roxas does make sense, but it also reminds me of Xemnas since he uses two Lightsabers ethereal blades.

Might be a bit farfetched, but Xaldin uses six lances, and the way he summons them in KH 2 the very first instance they could be seen as the tips of a six pointed star with him at the center:

url
I don't think it's farfetched at all. It's not much to go on but it has sense too it.

Hack

Well my thoughts would be that the first Vanitas piece would be Ven when he became under Eraqus's company. Either that or the first time Vanitas was defeated. The two Guardians would leave the board in KH1 and KH2 leading to Master Xehanort. The other Xehanort's keyblade could be the previous wielder? We still don't know much about the origin of the keyblade other than that it probably belonged to the other apprentice. Either that or the Original Keyblade Master. I'd almost lean toward the latter going by this image:
master-xhenort-keyblade-kh3_zps7kd2vll3.png
There are 6 keyblades (Could be apprentices) surrounding it and it is being put on a pedestal. I don't know why it would be like that unless we were in that apprentice's castle or it has to deal with the tale of his/her defeat.

There are 13 keyblades to be exact ,if u count mx keyblade.
I wonder what this means

Hack

On that wall along with mx keyblade there are actually 12 other keyblades sprouting from the keyhole with the eye of darkness in the center. I believe this implies mx was destined to gather the 13 darknesses the moment he inherited that keyblade.
Edit: Also illuminati confirmed in kh3 :p

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Well my thoughts would be that the first Vanitas piece would be Ven when he became under Eraqus's company. Either that or the first time Vanitas was defeated. The two Guardians would leave the board in KH1 and KH2 leading to Master Xehanort. The other Xehanort's keyblade could be the previous wielder? We still don't know much about the origin of the keyblade other than that it probably belonged to the other apprentice. Either that or the Original Keyblade Master. I'd almost lean toward the latter going by this image:
master-xhenort-keyblade-kh3_zps7kd2vll3.png
There are 6 keyblades (Could be apprentices) surrounding it and it is being put on a pedestal. I don't know why it would be like that unless we were in that apprentice's castle or it has to deal with the tale of his/her defeat.

Sooooo am I the only one wondering if young Xehanort basically just stole this keyblade off the wall? lol

Urge

well this is just my 2 cents take it how you will

Now we all know how nomura likes to put a lot hidden messages in his trailers like the the chess game with the every last one symbolizing a character. would it be possible if nomura already has a set date that he wants this game to be out? well maybe not but this could be a possible Clue that hints some sort of major release or event that might happen during that set period. now lets take a look at this image from the trailer.
tumblr_nq1timE3jp1rmwn7go1_540.jpg
[/URL]

Notice the Calendar in the back ground now look very closely at it

Now by looking at the calendar we can look at 2 of the closest months that have the same calendar layout date/day wise like this one for some reason it wont let me insert anymore but ill just tell you the month/years. so the first one that had a similar layout was October of 2015 where the first fell on the same day that prob look like a Thursday. but unfortunately we wont be getting it that soon the second date that would be a very possible, which im very strong about is the December of 2016. don't get me wrong i know thinking the game might come on the exact date(the 1st) is prob just a guess.. So does anyone else have any speculation or opinions on this?

Untitled_1.png
[/URL]

Usarnavon

120px-Xemnas's_Replica_Data_KHIIFM.png

It isn't a perfect fit, but the six-sided star might be a less detailed version of Xemnas' symbol from his data battle.

Urge

well this Board basically Summed up everything that happened from kh1 or khbbs to kh2 now we know that for each pieces taken out those were enemies/protagonist of the previous games that were defeated. now the real question is why is aqua way finder on the darkness side does that mean she trapped in the realm of darkness? did she get the X treatment

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
well this Board basically Summed up everything that happened from kh1 or khbbs to kh2 now we know that for each pieces taken out those were enemies/protagonist of the previous games that were defeated. now the real question is why is aqua way finder on the darkness side does that mean she trapped in the realm of darkness? did she get the X treatment
that wasnt aqua wayfinder the wayfinder only has pont the piiece has points

KeybladeOrder

Awards
It's a six pointed star, so it's clearly not a wayfinder as those are five pointed stars.
The 6 pointed star is one of Xehanort's pieces. Eraqus still has a piece with a wayfinder on it. It looks more like a Paopu fruit, so I think it might actually represent Kairi.

Veritas7340

When Sora's piece took one of the Guardian pieces from Xehanort's side, I initially agreed with the OP that it must be referring to when Sora defeated Ansem SoD and Xemnas.

However, as the OP mentioned, the game ends with 13 vs. 7 pieces. Since we know that Ansem SoD and Xemnas will be there as part of the 13, who represents that piece?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The 6 pointed star is one of Xehanort's pieces. Eraqus still has a piece with a wayfinder on it. It looks more like a Paopu fruit, so I think it might actually represent Kairi.

That statement was in response to the proposal of Aqua being on Xehanort's side. People have misinterpreted that 6-pointed star to be a wayfinder.
If you want to be strict, the five-pointed star piece on Eraqus' side looks exactly like the Star good-luck charm from Re: Chain of Memories, which is the symbol of Naminé.

When Sora's piece took one of the Guardian pieces from Xehanort's side, I initially agreed with the OP that it must be referring to when Sora defeated Ansem SoD and Xemnas.

However, as the OP mentioned, the game ends with 13 vs. 7 pieces. Since we know that Ansem SoD and Xemnas will be there as part of the 13, who represents that piece?

Ansem and Xemnas are right now time-travelers and do not truly "exist" in the present time anymore, so it could still fit.

On the other hand though, we do not know for sure what the chess game itself represents. It could be about the past games in the series (from BBS right up to DDD), but it could also represent something different.

Furthermore, in chess, pieces who are defeated are not "destroyed" per se but just put aside until the next round. Which fits also with the premise that none of the pieces(characters) that got "removed" is actually gone for good.

That being said, who can actually confirm that Xehanort and Eraqus are playing only one match that represents the whole series?
If they play a round of chess for each KH game individually, the pieces could symbolize different characters depending on the match.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
On the other hand though, we do not know for sure what the chess game itself represents. It could be about the past games in the series (from BBS right up to DDD), but it could also represent something different.

Furthermore, in chess, pieces who are defeated are not "destroyed" per se but just put aside until the next round. Which fits also with the premise that none of the pieces(characters) that got "removed" is actually gone for good.

That being said, who can actually confirm that Xehanort and Eraqus are playing only one match that represents the whole series?
If they play a round of chess for each KH game individually, the pieces could symbolize different characters depending on the match.

That makes sense, however in the premise that is we have not had a proper trailer in 2 years, I doubt something like this would be put in without any meaning to story. Also in the context of the actual game, where I believe this would be the opening scene as Nomura has stated in the past, I don't think they would play more than 1 game? If they were to have multiple games, how would you even know? If they actually showed them playing 3 or 4 games of chess, don't you think that would be a waste of screen time? They would have to explicitly show when a new game has started, and I doubt the conversation they are having would last much longer than what we are given, or longer than a single game of chess. This chess game is foreshadowing at its core.

What we do know, is that it ends, without a doubt, with Sora vs Master Xehanort, which will most likely occur at the end of KH3. The pieces still present on the board during this scene should be well indicative of the members on each side (LUXORD is still there *facepalm*). Whether or not the previous moves by both Xehanort and Eraqus are foreshadowing KH3 as well is ambiguous, it could very well be events from the games before, however without a doubt it ends with a KH3 foreshadowing, so I don't think they will be playing more than 1 game.

If anything it would be most apt to assume that the game foreshadows events to transpire from that point in time onward, all the way up to KH3 in a single game of chess. It's a sort of cliche scene that's already been used countless times in movies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Now I'm feeling kinda weird that the trailer showed so many chess pieces clearly. Nomura just told us who most of the Lights/Seekers are with this.
Of course, he could be screwing with us and that the pieces aren't what they seem.
I mean, hey, Oogie Boogie uses dice~

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That makes sense, however in the premise that is we have not had a proper trailer in 2 years, I doubt something like this would be put in without any meaning to story. Also in the context of the actual game, where I believe this would be the opening scene as Nomura has stated in the past, I don't think they would play more than 1 game? If they were to have multiple games, how would you even know? If they actually showed them playing 3 or 4 games of chess, don't you think that would be a waste of screen time? They would have to explicitly show when a new game has started, and I doubt the conversation they are having would last much longer than what we are given, or longer than a single game of chess. This chess game is foreshadowing at its core.

What we do know, is that it ends, without a doubt, with Sora vs Master Xehanort, which will most likely occur at the end of KH3. The pieces still present on the board during this scene should be well indicative of the members on each side (LUXORD is still there *facepalm*). Whether or not the previous moves by both Xehanort and Eraqus are foreshadowing KH3 as well is ambiguous, it could very well be events from the games before, however without a doubt it ends with a KH3 foreshadowing, so I don't think they will be playing more than 1 game.

If anything it would be most apt to assume that the game foreshadows events to transpire from that point in time onward, all the way up to KH3 in a single game of chess. It's a sort of cliche scene that's already been used countless times in movies.

The thing I was trying to convey is that we should refrain from interpreting too much into it. It is not even sure-fire confirmed that the fated clash between the 7 and 13 will actually be part of the final battle itself nor is the outcome decided.
All "fate" tells us is that the clash itself is destinied to happen, it tells nothing about its actual outcome or the eventual consequences.

It also does not tell us without a doubt that the last two prominent pieces shown is an one vs one Sora vs MX that is the actual final battle/end of KH 3. It's only an interpretation derived from theorizing.

The thing is though that for the game to foreshadow events from that time onwards, there are way too few pieces to represent all important characters throughout BBS to DDD. Not to mention that this certainly isn't a game of traditional chess as not only is the board different, there are also way too many pieces with unique symbols on top.
In true chess, there exist only 6 different pieces (pawn, bishop, knight, castle, Queen and King) on each side. Both Xehanort and Eraqus use certainly more than six unique pieces.

Last but not least, there is Nomura's knack to muddle things up and throw in twists and mindscrews just for the fun of it.
So anything the whole scene may foreshadow may eventually end up being subverted/inverted in some form. Eraqus even lampshades this by claiming "you might be surprised" towards Xehanort.

Now I'm feeling kinda weird that the trailer showed so many chess pieces clearly. Nomura just told us who most of the Lights/Seekers are with this.
Of course, he could be screwing with us and that the pieces aren't what they seem.
I mean, hey, Oogie Boogie uses dice~

As I said in my last sentence above, Nomura is known for screwing with stuff so while this whole setup may indeed foreshadow something, in the end it might be either subverted/inverted or possibly foreshadows something entirely different from what we now believe it to be.

Anagram

Banned
The thing I was trying to convey is that we should refrain from interpreting too much

I hope your know how much your asking with that from this fanbase. lmao

PaxtonXVI

Ok so this is just a guess but maybe we should look at some of the peices as events rather than characters. The crossing swords could represent Terra's fight with Eraqus. As for the six pointed star I have no clue my closest guess would maybe be Marluxia? Although it may be a stretch because of the angles it might have been a flower or like someone else said it might be a future enemy or a completely new character.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sorry, discussion in this topic ended three years ago. Please make a new topic if you wish to discuss something you feel was never elaborated on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back