• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Trailer Analysis

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Now, as most people have been gawking at the new gameplay presented, I have been analyzing what I thought initially had no significance.

We have been given an animated representation of the teaser we received last year, which was in Japanese voices only, and confirmed to be part of the opening sequence of KH3, of Young Xehanort and Eraqus discussing about the "Lost Masters". Initially I thought it was just that, however, upon close examination of the chess pieces that they are playing, we notice a few things.

First, there are approximately 13 pieces on the side of Xehanort, and approximately 9-10 on the side of Eraqus. By the end of the trailer, there remain 13 for Xehanort and 7 for Eraqus. I hope you know where I'm going for this.

Next, note that each piece is designated a symbol... Which is even more interesting. Initially I thought there was hardly any story revelation in the trailer, however upon this inspection I realize they are straight out giving us a confirmation of some of the 7 Lights and 13 Darknesses. Some of it is cleverly covered by impeding hands or bodies, however we can clearly see some new light on these matters.

Without further ado, let me introduce my findings.

VyfNyXq.png

Here we have the very first scene, where it seems that Young Xehanort has moved his piece and taken one of Eraqus'. If we look closely the piece that he moved, in the next scene, is in Eraqus' pile, which we can deduce to be Vanitas' symbol, i.e. Vanitas. By that logic, we can assume the piece Xehanort took was Ven (an Eraqus symbol).

Next we have a nice shot of lots of the pieces on both sides.

nTUvKVw.jpg

We have a total of 9 on the side of the light here, being 2 Eraqus symbols, Sora's symbol, Riku's symbol, Mickey's symbol, A Chakram for Axel and what looks very much like the symbol on the mast of Master Xehanort's keyblade

As a reference:

What could it mean that this symbol exists, out of all places, on the side of the light? Looking at the wielders of this keyblade, we have Master Xehanort, Terranort and Apprentice Xehanort, who summons it to take out the other apprentices when he abandons his name and takes on the name of Ansem in KH3D. Out of these 3, if any where to be on the side of the light, the latter is most apt, and would make sense. This goes in line with other theories I have had, regarding Apprentice Xehanort not being a bad guy, however please prove me wrong.

On the side of Darkness we are only able to see 6 in this shot, however the findings are surprising.
We have 2 symbols which look exactly like Xehanort's Guardian's face. Now here is where we must make assumptions. We have a few options. Terranort was able to summon the Guardian, as was Riku, having succumb to Ansem's influence and also, of course, Ansem SoD himself. So who these 2 are is anyone's guess. It would be safe to assume perhaps one is Ansem SoD, however the other may also easily represent Xemnas, being Ansem SoD's nobody.
We have the Claymore symbol for Saix, an hourglass for Young Xehanort and another Vanitas symbol. We can see one already taken out by Eraqus. These however, were a given, apart from the appearance of 2 Vanitas.
The unexpected appearance is Luxord, as represented by the dice! To get a clearer shot, pause near the end of the video when Eraqus places Sora up against Master Xehanort. This is probably most unexpected for me. Why Luxord of everyone! To me he's kind of the lamest of the pack (sorry fans ;))

Moving along to the next time the chessboard is shown up close, Xehanort moves what seems to be a piece with 2 swords crossing forward to take out an Eraqus symbol, which is now missing from Eraqus' side, leaving only 1.
Refer to these 2 images:

L4BeJrs.png

gBWO6JK.png

What this can represent, I cannot quite wrap my head around. Who is the piece with 2 swords crossing representing? If it's the X-blade then perhaps another Vanitas? However that doesn't seem quite right considering that a Vanitas symbol already exists. Another possibility is Roxas, as he dual wields. Which would prove to be quite interesting, as we could get Roxas vs Ven. This however, I feel to be less likely. In any case, another light is knocked away by this event.

Next is very interesting, please take a look:

aWqiAwI.png

We see here a close up of the Darkness side of the board. The most surprising of appearances here is the Wayfinder symbol!!! Could this mean that Aqua is part of the Darknesses, considering she is the one that created them, and is found having to rely on it in the realm of darkness, when her hope is almost lost? Or can it be Terra? I'm inclined to believe Aqua at this moment of time, however prove me wrong.
We see also Vanitas and Saix as expected, and what I believe to be one half of Braig/Xigbar's sniper crossbows. These are all givens.
We see in this scene Eraqus move the Sora piece, which takes one of the Guardian face pieces. This represents Sora taking out either Ansem SoD, perhaps as we have seen in KH1, or any of the other proposed possible character representations for this chess piece. One of the Guardian faces then remains.

Another interesting thing to note here is the what appears to be an unversed face, or perhaps even, comparing back to the demon? head on the mast of Master Xehanort's keyblade, a sort of incomplete head? Perhaps this represents Apprentice Xehanort, who is not quite Terra, but not quite Xehanort?

Iaf5Fmz.jpg

Lastly, as expected, right before the Kingdom Hearts 3 symbol appears between the two, we have Master Xehanort's symbol and Sora's symbol facing each other on an elevated platform, foreshadowing the inevitable ending of KH3. As we can see Riku is still in action, and so is the mysterious unverse like symbol to the upper left. Also behind Xehanort we see the dice again (LUXORD, sorry, I can't get over it) and Vanitas also still in the fight.

What is interesting about this final scene is that the Remaining Guardian face symbol has now become Master Xehanort's symbol, which is the symbol on the mast of his Keyblade, which could represent that Master Xehanort himself possesses the last remaining Guardian faced symbol represented persona, as we have seen is possible in KH3D where he possesses YX, or it could mean that the destruction of the 2 Guardian faced pieces, being Xemnas and Ansem SoD, which would then indicate the return of the original Master Xehanort, who now appears as the piece in question.

However, this is all just my own assumptions, what I would like this thread to be is a discussion of these scenes in order to scrape any information we can out of this trailer, seeing that the last proper trailer we had was 2 whole years ago! We have a lot to digest as we are not given much in regards to the story anyway, and considering that we may not get another trailer for a long time, we have to use everything that's been thrown at us.
So by all means, please argue with me and prove me wrong.
Thank you :)

12kez90

Believe it or not, you're not the first person to pick this up. But kudos on making an indept analysis on it! Also I'd like to add on the last pic there seems to be a nobody symbol in the background, so Roxas maybe?
I wonder if we'll get to see Young Eraqus's face in the trailer.
Nice sarcasm

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Believe it or not, you're not the first person to pick this up. But kudos on making an indept analysis on it! Also I'd like to add on the last pic there seems to be a nobody symbol in the background, so Roxas maybe?
Nice sarcasm

That's Riku's symbol, the way to dawn's keychain.

Antar

Awards
With Luxord being one of the Darknesses, it makes me wonder about the other ex Organization members. I am really curious what Dilan's, Larxene's, and Marluxia's roles will be. I'm also not sure that the wayfinder is Aqua. I mean, it could be, but I am tilting on the side toward Terra. There is so much to explore and learn from that trailer!

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I think the piece you see in the background, the star, isn't a wayfinder but the Lux from X, meaning it's one of the Foretellers.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
I think the piece you see in the background, the star, isn't a wayfinder but the Lux from X, meaning it's one of the Foretellers.

That sounds incredibly likely, good job picking that out! Perhaps one of the foretellers, indeed...

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Lux and the Wayfinders (and all other stars associated with Keyblades) are only five pointed, there are no exceptions.

Antar

Awards
Lux and the Wayfinders (and all other stars associated with Keyblades) are only five pointed, there are no exceptions.

Hmmm, I think you're right. I wonder what it could be then. Time to hunt through all of the KH games to find a similar shape xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's a six pointed star, so it's clearly not a wayfinder as those are five pointed stars.

Echoecho6

Awards
I can't believe people are shocked and confused by Luxord. The fact that he is a time based character only proves he would have some role in with Xehanorts plan

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Ahhh, someone gave the chess pieces also more attention xD I don't know if ALL the pieces can be identified as of now, the angles make it difficult to recognize the shapes and make connections, but for some pieces it's just obvious. Ah, I replied on another thread and touched upon this matter, if I knew this thread opened I would have posted my comment here.. I'll just leave a link:

http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom...insider-s-e3-2015-coverage-9.html#post6275072

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
this is just a huch could the six ponted star respent the next saga bad guy?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Hm.... That's very interesting then, I'm totally stumped. Lol

Take a look at the other thread about the chess game, lol, might give some more ideas. ;)

From my memory, there isn't any six pointed star iconography in the series.

Might be a bit farfetched, but Xaldin uses six lances, and the way he summons them in KH 2 the very first instance they could be seen as the tips of a six pointed star with him at the center:

url

Awards
Well my thoughts would be that the first Vanitas piece would be Ven when he became under Eraqus's company. Either that or the first time Vanitas was defeated. The two Guardians would leave the board in KH1 and KH2 leading to Master Xehanort. The other Xehanort's keyblade could be the previous wielder? We still don't know much about the origin of the keyblade other than that it probably belonged to the other apprentice. Either that or the Original Keyblade Master. I'd almost lean toward the latter going by this image:
master-xhenort-keyblade-kh3_zps7kd2vll3.png
There are 6 keyblades (Could be apprentices) surrounding it and it is being put on a pedestal. I don't know why it would be like that unless we were in that apprentice's castle or it has to deal with the tale of his/her defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back