• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"this place.. it looks so familiar.. but how? iv never been outside my islands"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
remember in the tarzan world/deep jungle, when you get the slides and you watch em to see if tarzan tells ya the word he was trying to say ?

well the first slide is one of a place that looks a lot like twilight town.. i don't think it is though.. cuz didn't nomura not plan kh2 and stuff till like after kh1 was finished?

but the place, if it ain't twilight town, then what was the game/sora/nomura referring to when they showed that slide?

khwiki says that it's a slide of hollow bastion, but it doesn't look anything like hollow bastion to me.. cuz in the slide it shows a tall tower, kinda like TWTWN, but except it kinda has more mini towers connected to it.. like a tower but just more build/wider.
and there's like a forest in front of it.. like in twilight town, you can see the tower through a forest/trees..

but there aren't any trees in hollow bastion...and that tower didn't look like hollow bastion

so how could sora remember this ? he hasn't become a heartless yet, so roxas doesn't exist.. but that shouldn't matter since nomura never planned that yet anyways.

it can't be ven either.. which is what i thought at first, but nomura didn't plan this either

WAAAIT... could it be kairi ? you know, since kairi's heart is inside sora at the time.. and kairi grew up in radient gardens.. hmm..then maybe it IS radient gardens.. back in the old days.. maybe that's why sora thought it looked familiar?

lmao yeah im replaying kh1 after so many years so im gonna be posting a lot of threads about kh1 if i see anything.. hehe. aw man i love kh1 x) it's just scary sometimes..

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
It's just a slide of a castle meant to cause Kairi to feel familiarity to her home. No point in looking into it past that.

ZiggyK

Yes, it is Hollow Bastion (well, actually Radient Garden, but I digress). The real question is how a slide of RG got into Janes collection -.-

It's famililar to him because of Kairi's heart.

Any differences from RG in BBS and RG in KH1 are because the slide is sort of a conceptual drawing. If you look closely, they both have aforest at the base of the castle and similar spires.

/thread

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The desighn for Radiant Garden Pre-conqure probably wasn't made at the time so the RG on the slide was probably something they slaped together. Besides the picture was black and white and everything. It could have been RG before Kairi was even born so there are some differences between RG before and after Kairi was born.

ZiggyK

The desighn for Radiant Garden Pre-conqure probably wasn't made at the time so the RG on the slide was probably something they slaped together. Besides the picture was black and white and everything. It could have been RG before Kairi was even born so there are some differences between RG before and after Kairi was born.

Very nicely stated. Retcon like that is common, like Roxas glowing eyes in Deep Dive Secret Ending.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Very nicely stated. Retcon like that is common, like Roxas glowing eyes in Deep Dive Secret Ending.
lol you're now counting difference in concept videos as retcons? Oh boy.

Anyway, point is, whether you think it is meant to be RG, or meant to just be a castle similar to it, the idea is that it was simply foreshadowing that Kairi's heart was inside Sora. That's all. There's nothing more to it than that.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
god, this again? >.< if you want A LOT of info, check out the thread-- kh1 hints and secrets
link?

what do you mean "this again?" lol, unless you talking bout my "lets take the raft and go" thread?

anyways, ill close it once you provide a link please ! :D

ZiggyK

lol you're now counting difference in concept videos as retcons? Oh boy.

Anyway, point is, whether you think it is meant to be RG, or meant to just be a castle similar to it, the idea is that it was simply foreshadowing that Kairi's heart was inside Sora. That's all. There's nothing more to it than that.

Yes it is foreshadowing that, the best way it can, by showing Kairi's home and having Sora recognise it.

link?

what do you mean "this again?" lol, unless you talking bout my "lets take the raft and go" thread?

anyways, ill close it once you provide a link please ! :D

Don't close it, not necessary, we just got onto this topic in this thread.

http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-series/151142-kh1-hints-secrets.html

Ruran

Awards
You'll have to scroll down, it's mostly on the second page.

Oh I see it now. It wasn't working for me before.

Now that I see that slide again, it kind of reminds me of the image of the castele of the wall in The End of the World.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
wow.. this is exactly like this thread ! lmao, and only a day old.. wow !

sorry sorry !

well anyways

hmm.. it would be nice if it where umm..cough.. that person.. but sadly i think it's kairi. well its not a bad thing, but i wish nomura had planned ahead on all his games.. so that he would be able to hint at future games in kh1 or w/e.. but sadly no.. ;~;

Ruran

Awards
wow.. this is exactly like this thread ! lmao, and only a day old.. wow !

sorry sorry !

well anyways

hmm.. it would be nice if it where umm..cough.. that person.. but sadly i think it's kairi. well its not a bad thing, but i wish nomura had planned ahead on all his games.. so that he would be able to hint at future games in kh1 or w/e.. but sadly no.. ;~;

RG was never really that important to "that persone" though. I thought it would have been interesting if Sora "felt" something for something that had no relation to Kairi but wouldn't resolved it the first game but no, there was no planning. I feel your pain.

A little off topic but I kind of felt bad for Nomura in a way, during KH1's development anyway. He made no plans for other games because he wasn't sure if his first game would be a failure and Disney was worried too. That had to be depressingin a way. I remember on Disney head-hacho saying that they were worried that KH would be an "abomination"I think was the word .:/

blueheart

Bronze Member
When I first saw that slide, I thought it looked more like Beast's Castle. I know that makes no sense but that was my first thought when I saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back