• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The "Zexion is Not Emo" topic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Mega:.

Awards
Alright, one thing I've noticed in this fandom is the common stereotyping characters. We see Lexaeus depicted as a mindless brute, Demyx as an idiot, Roxas as an uke, and such, but one that is all too common is that of Zexion being emo.

I ask why? Is it because of his hair? His clothes? If so, that's stupid.

You base this cliché on appearance alone, when his personality and actions are so different.

For starters, the way he speaks. I've seen many say that Zexion is quiet and weak. Well, that is NOT true. In actuality, he talks...A LOT. The guy loves messing with peoples' heads among other things. Heck, when he faces Riku, the guy won't shut up! Just look at his dialogue in the game, and you'll see what I mean; instead of being a typical emo, he speaks in a serious, intelligent manner.

Next, his behavior. Fact is, Zex doesn't fit into the 'woe' stereotypes at all; he smirks a lot in Re:CoM, plus he behaves that he seems to hate the idea of death (as much as a nobody can) when Riku Replica is about to attack him. If he were the stereotypical emo, he wouldn't do that.

His clothes may be black, but guess what? So are the OTHER Organization members! Yes, that's right! With the logic of a lot of stereotyping fans, Demyx, Lexaeus, and even AXEL must be emo too! My point? The whole Org wears the same uniform.

Lastly, his weapon is a book, fitting for his personality. People? Zexion is likely more of a scholar/researcher.

So, what's the point of this topic? Well, I'm trying to get a point across, as it's been bugging me for a while. No, I have nothing against emos, but I DO dislike out of character-ness, which emo!Zexion is.

Just my two cents~

~Mega

Iiso

People don't even know what "emo" means. It stands for emotional, and it doesn't mean that the person wants to kill himself. It could be someone who's always ridiculously happy and spunky, or someone that cries easily, etc.

Just throwing that out there.

Yeh, I agree also. You can't judge someone by their hair; and his hair just so happens to be badass btw.

Also, Demyx always struck me as the laid back, most likely lazy, possibly surfer dude. Stupid? Not quite... just a bit too cool to care about most things. Thought I'd also through that out there too..

And about our Silent Hero; the original six were all scientists. Lexaeus can't be mindless... unless he was just the janitor or something and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time... and since that's not the case...

^All of that was just thrown out there to pwn the stereotypers.. or is it "ist"? -shrugs-

Boukyaku

Website
www.youtube.com
Finally, someone other than me realizes this! I really do get tired of people calling him 'emo' all the time. Quite frankly, Zexion reminds me of myself in a few ways. I love reading and screwing with people's heads (which may be why I love Poe and Lemony Snicket), and I sometimes try to speak in an 'intelligent' manner. I'm also thinking about getting my hair cut like his, but that's a different story. But with all those comparisons, I'm not emo. Or at least, people don't seem to refer to me in such a manner, that I know of. So I don't see why people call him emo. If you're going to call him emo, then by all means, call me emo too. Thank you for bringing this to the light. Maybe people will stop stereotyping him (and the rest of the Organization) now.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
People just like to add more to the personality of various fictional characters because they're bored and want to know what they do "away from the camera", even though they're not real. Enough said.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think Zexion is more of one of those rare sexy nerds. xD I mean, his weapon is a book! (And his element is darkness...)

Apollo

Silver Member
I think zexion is so cool he can use a book as a weapon and still be cool!

Roxas!

Yea i think Zexion is cool too! he teaches us an important lesson, books can be deadly! (all the information they can give us) haha. And i dont think he's emo just because of his hair... i think he looks cool with that hairstyle.

shoxuja

roflcopter
he has emo hair, and if u say he doesnt your a retard
but hes just a sceney weeney

GAPLKA teh Bioz

Hmn.. To break the spam that went on for like 4 posts; I think Zexion IS Emo. ~Grabs CoM Manga~

"It seems Vexen is no more. . . That leaves more work for us" Okay, he seems like he has no feelings. The picture is him as he eyes the tea with his Emo-Bang covering his eye. Lexaeus remains quieter like his is, but he has sweat drops and a frown. Compared to Zexion who quietly eyes the tea.

"Lexaeus. I can't belive I lost you too...... You useless idiot" Notice he blames Lexaeus' death on Lexaeus being an idiot. He still had no emotion showing on his face, and he continued walking without showing any emotion to two people he just lost. And they were both part of the original 6 and they all knew eachother before going to castle oblivion.

Zexion seems to show no emotion at all, other than a few smirks he gives when talking to Vexen or Riku. And his face is always hidden and small, he barely gives a care about anything other than his own life. He often talks, but again no emotion. Just an Eye, a nose, a line for a mouth, and an Emo-Bang.

Zexion is an Emo. Also, the use of big words has nothing to do with one's emo side. In-fact, emos are often poets and use large words in complex sentances. Again, the emo bang too. LOOK AT IT!

Re-read the manga and look at Zexion's voice (Yes, look at the voice, look at it go!) it isn't the least bit emotional, which is why he's Emo. (Emo's hide their feelings)

Awards
Bio.

Just because he has 'emo hair' doesn't make him emo. He is a scientist, all of the original six war. Do you really expect him to be outgoing? In-game he's a snark, but that doesn't make him emo.

You keep saying it's because of his bang, but, SO WHAT? It's HAIR. His personality, believe it or not, is not of the emo. He works in the basement, but so do Vexen and Lexaeus. He enjoys tea? So what? He's got an intelligent mind and is very mature for his young appearance.

Also, Zexion is selfish. He doesn't care about the other assistants, that's why he was so quiet. Note how he called Lexaeus an idiot. He IS a nobody, anyway. But, the fact is, Zexion, believe it or not, is self centered and probably only supports the organization so he doesn't get killed. And for his own gain.

~Mega

Iiso

Wow, its funny how people call him "emo", when they don't even know what it means..

Being "emotionless" is about as far away from emo as it gets. That's basically the opposite of emo. Emo stands for "emotional", and they are people who are over emotional.. go figure. Anyway, as stated above, it can be someone who's always hyper/over-spunky or happy, or someone who takes things far too seriously. EX. "I got a bad grade... I'm gonna go kill myself now."

Zexion is neither. And the fact that some people tried to use him not caring about others as a reason for him being emo.. lol?

Hair means nothing btw. I'm too lazy to walk across town to get a hair cut most of the time, so I usually let my hair fro out until I get unlazy. Doesn't mean I'm some Disco Freak.. -_-

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
I agree with Blahmaster. People just say he's emo for lack of a better reputation.
He gets so little time in the series, that people make do with the few things he says and his looks.

I think Nomura just wanted him to be another enigmatic "basement member", nothing special, and fans took that as him having no exceptionally strong feelings, therefore, one of the definitions of "emo".

Awards
While this may be true, his dialogue and behavior in CoM, Re:CoM, and the manga point otherwise. Plus, he doesn't go "woe!" or angst a lot, which is what primarily bugs me; I hate seeing him OOC in fanfics.

Iiso

@Mega: I don't know if you've noticed this or not, but all KH fanfics have their characters OOC. And if I see one more stupid yaoi pairing... -unsheaths sword-

Awards
"@Mega: I don't know if you've noticed this or not, but all KH fanfics have their characters OOC. And if I see one more stupid yaoi pairing... -unsheaths sword-"

Uh, no, that's not true. There ARE good fanfics out there; a majority of them just...aren't. I actually have IC in mine because I reread the scripts, so generalized statements = fail.

Also, yeah, I just think it's stupid that people call him emo over his hair.

~Mega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back