• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The "Zexion is Not Emo" topic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Mega:.

Awards
XD Oh gosh, Zexion as a scene...that'd be very scary.

But yeah, same here; I didn't think of him as emo ever until people are all "LOL, lookit his hair, he's emo!" And even then, I wonder...do the people who think of Zex as emo, Roxas as a clingy uke, and Axel as romantic even PAY ATTENTION to the plot?

I

The Show Must Go On
I giggled at this thread.

Personally, I don't care whether or not Zexion is emo - he's a good character, despite what people think about him. Now, in fanfictions, depending on the skill of the author, Zexion being depicted as being emo can be really good, as can be the fics where he's completely the opposite.

What I don't get, how ever, is why people think that Zexion is emo. To seriously make things clear, back when emo started, emo was a style of music 'emotionally driven punk rock'. The term bled over to name the fans of the music. Eventually, because of various aspects of pop-culture, emo stopped being a name for the fans of the music, but a name for people who resembled the typical 'fan' (ie- black clothing, hair, etcetera). It became a stereotype, with little to no regard of what the term originally meant.

Now, if you look at what emo originally stood for, it was a type of music, and stretched even further, a fan of said music. Now, in any of the games or books, is there any clue of what type of music Zexion enjoys? Is there any clue to what type of music any of the characters enjoy? No, I didn't think so.

This stereotype ticks me off.

/rant.

Baniigaaru

I think Zexion is emo aswell. Many of you say that we shouldn't judge by appearance alone, but the fact is that the majority of emos have their hair to the side.

Wikipedia Quote: By almost all current definitions, emo clothing is characterized by tight jeans on males and females alike, long fringe (bangs) often brushed to one side of the face, dyed black, straightened hair, tight t-shirts which often bear the names of rock bands (or other designed shirts), studded belts, belt buckles, Chuck Taylor All-Stars, skate shoes, or other black shoes—often old and beaten up—and thick, black horn-rimmed glasses.

Plus a phychiatrist(sp?) told me that kids that do that are doing it to create a "barrier" between them and people. And I know this shouldn't count but Zexion has "black" hair, sort of.

Here's another Wikipedia Quote: "When referring to a person's personality and attitude, most definitions of emo hold that an emo person is emotionally candid, sensitive, shy, introverted, glum, and quiet."

Zexion is pretty quiet in the manga (haven't seen Re:COM yet, waiting for it it come to North America). Not shy at all though LOL. Anyways, I've seen different types of emos. I've seen the hair-to-one-side-with-punk-belt-and-black-clothing emo, and I've seen the dress-in-bright-pretty-colours-with-pretty-orange-dyed-hair-with-many-non-emo-friends-and-a-high-social-status-and-is-quite-popular/social-with-people-but-still-cuts-themselves-and-is-somewhat-depressed type of emo.

Plus, I had an emo friend that fit the first emo-persona I mentioned (black clothing with punk belt etc.) and she was VERY intelligent and if neccesscary, talked with a intellectual vocabulary. She was great at writing too! Poems and stories and all. She also laughed alot and was happy some of the time which proves that not all emos are depressed or glum 24/7. Thus Zexion is emo XD

Last edited:

.:Mega:.

Awards
AGAIN, judging him by the hair. WHY, I ask? I mean, it's understandable, but still. It's just an anime hairstyle, that's all. I bet that, if he had different hair, that stereotype wouldn't be there. Plus, his hair is SILVER, not black.

Also, Zexion is not quiet. Not at all. In-game, both the original CoM and Re:CoM, he talks. A LOT. He's a researcher, a sadist, and stuff. The manga =/= canon, anyway.

YouTube - KH - Re:CoM - RR Basement Eight (English Subs)
YouTube - KH - Re:CoM - RR Destiny Islands (Original Unsubbed)

See, does this look emo to you? And I mean ASIDE from the hair...rather, his personality, the way he monologues, etc.

See, my problem is how the fandom classes him into the stereotype, when, aside from the hair, he's nothing like it.

C

Charlie

Zexion may give off a noticeably strong dark prescence as a character, but the kid doesn't go around slicing his wrists for a living, or to put it simply. If any of you are offended from the comment alone, then I advise some (not all) of you to stop shoving his character into a stereotype. Zexion attacts enough attention due to what he's done in the series previously, but seeing some label him as "emo" is beyond me. When most people try to assume that he IS supposedly quite emo, the only defense and evidence that they have to go by are from his

-Clothing
-Hair
- & Vengeful/Manipulative Personality
-Isolation

Is that all? Lmao

Forgive me, I find this all hilarious that people think "OMG HE'S EMO" when more than half of the time, the people assuming it regularly fit the descriptions themselves. But of course, they wouldn't define themselves as anything close to emo. I rest my case.

+JodieTakira+

Stereotypes are funny like that. I can't help but get the impression that people feel when they write fanfiction with them in it, it is somehow ten times more amusing/interesting etc. But frankly, it's not. Blasted high school setting fanfiction especially (although I bet if you looked hard even, you could find a few here and there that are half-decent to good).

Anywhoo, Zexion is not emo. He is a sinister, calculating, cruel presence who doesn't seem to like to get his hands dirty. There it is. Your typical villain. I'll bet if it weren't for the drinking of the tea, his clothing, and the hair cut, people wouldn't be saying a word about this. But appearance apparently outrules everything else. :p Who cares about personality and motives, eh?

T

Tragic Fall

Zexion is a nobody. Nobodies do not feel emotion except for anger and hate, therefore he can't be emo.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
I have hair like Zexy's, and I'm definately not emo. I just find the hair cool. Couldn't he have thought the same way?

Anyways, what's wrong even if he is emo? Emo is really just a style of music. That doesn't mean that he's suicidal or sad either. There's happy emos, because emo stands for emotion. And emotion is happy, sad, angry, ect.

Regardless, since nobodies have no emotions, Zexion obviously cannot be emo.

Don't alot of japanese dudes have hair like that anyways?

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
Zexion might not be proven to be emo, but can we call him emo? Yes we can. Just like we say Marluxia has gay sex with man jubblies.

Dark_Seraphim

Wherever I feel like landing while I flying.
Website
www.myspace.com
I have hair like Zexy's, and I'm definately not emo. I just find the hair cool. Couldn't he have thought the same way?

Anyways, what's wrong even if he is emo? Emo is really just a style of music. That doesn't mean that he's suicidal or sad either. There's happy emos, because emo stands for emotion. And emotion is happy, sad, angry, ect.

Regardless, since nobodies have no emotions, Zexion obviously cannot be emo.

Don't alot of japanese dudes have hair like that anyways?

DAM GOOD point and thats all that needs t be said =.=' lets just hope ppl can get it through their numbskulls that ZEXION IS NOT EMO CUZ HE IS A NOBODY

Spic Steve

Awards
DAM GOOD point and thats all that needs t be said =.=' lets just hope ppl can get it through their numbskulls that ZEXION IS NOT EMO CUZ HE IS A NOBODY

Yea, but nothing can change the fact that I will continue to call him emo. Just like I call Xemnas Mansex, Marluxia homo, and Larxene crackhead. You guys take this too seriously. It's just a game for christs sakes. "z0MMAHGAWD j00 Cawled him the memo!!!!1!11!1 lol *cry*"

Dark_Seraphim

Wherever I feel like landing while I flying.
Website
www.myspace.com
Yea, but nothing can change the fact that I will continue to call him emo. Just like I call Xemnas Mansex, Marluxia homo, and Larxene crackhead. You guys take this too seriously. It's just a game for christs sakes. "z0MMAHGAWD j00 Cawled him the memo!!!!1!11!1 lol *cry*"

hehehe^^ Larxene crackhead^^ thats pretty good^^ but you got a point to though^^ ppl do take it a bit over the edge =P

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Another viewpoint: ZEXION IS A FICTIONAL CHARACTER.

There is no right or wrong. For definate, we cannot say he is or isn't emo. Because he is fictional, it depends on each person's interpretation, and ultimately each person's own definition of what 'emo' is.

Personally, I like to think of Zexy as emo. It adds another dimension to his character, and he becomes easier to identify with, because his personality can be linked to people in everyday life.

I really liked Toasty's post: Xemnas Mansex and Marluxia homo, xD. Rather than saying he's being stereotypical, he's actually using the basic characters the game has given us, and then expanding on their personalities to form his own personal interpretation, rather than seeing things in black and white, or on surface level. After all, without some personal input, video games can be un-enjoyable. This ultimately leads to a fuller sense of the game.

Spic Steve

Awards
I really liked Toasty's post: Xemnas Mansex and Marluxia homo, xD. Rather than saying he's being stereotypical, he's actually using the basic characters the game has given us, and then expanding on their personalities to form his own personal interpretation, rather than seeing things in black and white, or on surface level. After all, without some personal input, video games can be un-enjoyable. This ultimately leads to a fuller sense of the game.

I feel special.

<3

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
^ *salutes back* Lol, we are quite great. ;)

Just throwing it out there, since it's a fiction based game, people should take it so srsly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back