• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

{%}|<~The Xion Hate Club~>|{%}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Now it''s getting to the real "nitty gritty" with the two chosen, erm, well, one chosen female, and a Sora hybrid that doesn't really tie to Kairi. But it's pegged there. Regardless, it's interesting.

Ignoring my avatar in this, lol, I actually prefer Kairi over Xion (though both are not what I would call favorites). And that's mostly because while both are neutral to me, Kairi has less negative points. My deal with her is that her character hasn't done anything to assert her place or make me be impressed by her. Her characterization is stale, and rather stable as well. Not so bad, but you need to stick out as a heroine of a series. A future game is basically what's going to permanently give my overall opinion, considering so far, they've paved her a good road. While Xion had her focus, Kairi in truth, hasn't, and her time isn't over yet. So I can still have faith that they might do something with it. I haven't really hated any KH character, with my membership here being sort of haywire. But at least Kairi doesn't have some forced, shoved in your face tragic story that has to either have the character screaming for getting your ass owned y some stranger whose words shouldn't really even be much to you, some freakish nightmare, or constant emo faces about your existence that has been overdone with KH2 and CoM, so we can all feel pity. One of my usual pet peeves, actually. Doesn't really hog the actual plot (some people might break it apart as a good or bad thing), and she isn't exactly the sweetest thing you've ever seen with no flaws whatsoever, despite that she's usually very kind (depending on opinion). With some arguments, you would think Kairi is the most flawed character in the actual series. That I like better than complete perfectionism. And while she's a damsel in distress (whether or not that will change remains to be seen), I find that Xion fainting every second with some bishie waiting there to catch her and do some shit like brush her bangs is a far worse offense. And Kairi is less bullshit, and is far less of a plot device, but that's 358/2 Days in general.

OFFICIAL MASCOT: SAIX

saix10.jpg

That's actually a very cute picture for all it's worth :x.

NEW MEMBERS:

*TwilightNight* :DDD
tornribbon
*~BlackCat~*

We have to ask Rigothamus if he should be added to that list, unless you already know the affiliations. He seems to be quite active, anyway.

LOL YES!! XDDD

Srsly, I am so happy to have you. You knw your shizz, bb <3

I do? xD

It's honestly some of the things that I don't like. I mean, you can't say you're not okay with something, without stating why. It just happens to go a couple of, erm, paragraphs. Somehow.

I didn't do well in maths either ;___; I worked my bum off and scaped a B! Now I never have to study maths ever again~ yaay~

LUCKY. I'm going to have to retake it so that failing grade won't stay in my record, and affect my GPA. But now that I actually have a taste of what it's like, I might be more prepared. Hopefully, I get a good teacher.

Nope. The horror grows with every inane giggle ;___;

For me, grows more with each and every wangst scene. When you think about it, the FMV scenes (which are, basically, well, all of them), have Xion moping for whatever reason she should be mopey about at the time.

And then you wonder why the 358/2 Days trailer spoiled so much.

I dunno. I wouldn't join... I think everything that sucked about Days was caused by involving Xion. So, it's enough for me to just hate her.

Still, there's a lot more to be said about the game. However, I guess this can also tie into it.

The One Who Must Not Be Named... lol.

LOL, yeah. That was not on purpose, though xD. It was just too obvious.

AND THAT'S IT! I loved that their trio was kind of disconnected and vague, just as you'd expect with heartless nobodies. But no, they had to force a Kairi in there.

Who's not even a Kairi, so again, it doesn't really fit the trio motif. At least, we can state that with Kairi, Naminé, and Aqua, everyone sees a female.

YES YES TIMES INFINITY. Now, don't get me wrong. I am huge on OT3! But, RAX is like a perversion of an OT3. It's putting an OC in an OTP and expecting it to fly. Whaaat.

RAD is more fan made too, as well. But I actually would love that simply for the fact that we are getting a different dynamic that has yet to be explored. There hasn't even truly been all girl friendships in KH, that are as a deep, or will go to the measures of the bond, that the guys have.

LOL Soras for all!! *throws Soras*

...*gets one*

I STILL LOVE YOU MORE ROXAS! >.<

Ohh, but WHO were Saix and Axel arguing about? Dx

Okay. Still, it doesn't matter what they were arguing about. What matters is that it hinted for their appearance in BBS, cementing a previous friendship they had. Thus, making it have a reason to be there. Despite that it did came out from left field.

It was a filler game. People say that about BbS and Coded, too, and they could be right. But at least Coded is interesting, and BbS has so much potential...

Truthfully, I take BBS and Coded more seriously. They are not filler to me. In fact, BBS could have been a main game with so many important mysteries waiting to be told, but it didn't because Sora isn't the main character. Hence, not a titled number.

Most have passwords, and it's hard for a dumb foreigner like me to crack the secret hints most of the time. And, I don't think I can comment ^^;

It's much more than what I can do, that's for sure xD. I would love to learn Japanese. Go to the websites, read stuff, and be knowledgeable on what opinions they have.

I love characters with sad backstories, and I love watching them hurt and screw up and make mistakes and bad choices and be human. I love characters with strong, passionate personalities. And, I love it when villains get redemption. Hell, Itachi got it, so I reckon Sasuke can too. I believe in Naruto <3

I'm alright with characters like that. It's not like I hate every dramatic thing. But like Xion, it grates on nerves, and it gets annoying when there's just too much. Not to mention that Sasuke did so many assholish things overall, and gets haxed and overpowered for the sake of being haxed and overpowered. As I said, I hate favoritism. And that's what happens when an author has a case of it.

He was being a loltastic troll, according to BM. Idk if it's permanent. Sucks, though. I like him being the OP, he's a clever and controversial guy. Bad publicity is good publicity! XD;

Troll where? He doesn't strike me as one. But if it was trolling or spamming, it shouldn't be permanent. Unless it's his third time or something. But I guess we can have stuff prepared when he comes back.

Wonder why XD;

*cough*

Lol it's just a retarded figure of speech... can't apply logic, just kind of have to remember what the meaning is! XD LITERALLY it means 'everything but', but in this context, it means the opposite...
all but - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

:dizzy:

Oh well. I'll just leave it alone, and save my cells. It's still rather weird sounding, but my view on the matter was one of the first definitions. YAY xD.

I'm actually scared that it will retcon the series into an unrecognisable mess... I HOPE IT'S NOT SO D:

Have faith. I'm sort of put off by Lea meeting Ven (you know why), considering that forgetting your memories has become Nomura's tool, or deus ex machina, to cover plot holes and his own ass. But again, BBS is at least ten years before the first game. Not slapped in between KH1, CoM, and KH2, where no mention of a Xion existence was ever mentioned or referred to. Even BBS was mentioned in KH2 from the very beginning. More so with Xehanort.

That's why I can accept that retcon more so than what occurred in 358/2 Days, that changed everything we knew of into Xion centered crap. I cannot forgive what they did to Deep Dive.

Inorite? UNLESS it was a sue fic, in which all the canon characters would be relegated to side roles designed to complement the sue... OH LOOK.

I haven't ran into one of those. Mostly because I try my best to ignore them when there's an OC character told in the summary.

LOLOLOLOL

I'M PEOPLE IN THE SKY :D

I'd figured you'd be ;P.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But at least Kairi doesn't have some forced, shoved in your face tragic story that has to either have the character screaming for getting your ass owned y some stranger whose words shouldn't really even be much to you, some freakish nightmare, or constant emo faces about your existence that has been overdone with KH2 and CoM, so we can all feel pity. One of my usual pet peeves, actually. Doesn't really hog the actual plot (some people might break it apart as a good or bad thing), and she isn't exactly the sweetest thing you've ever seen with no flaws whatsoever, despite that she's usually very kind (depending on opinion). With some arguments, you would think Kairi is the most flawed character in the actual series. That I like better than complete perfectionism. And while she's a damsel in distress (whether or not that will change remains to be seen), I find that Xion fainting every second with some bishie waiting there to catch her and do some shit like brush her bangs is a far worse offense. And Kairi is less bullshit, and is far less of a plot device, but that's 358/2 Days in general.

That's pretty much what I think. Kairi bores me a little, but she doesn't offend me.

That's actually a very cute picture for all it's worth :x.

I thought so ♥

We have to ask Rigothamus if he should be added to that list, unless you already know the affiliations. He seems to be quite active, anyway.

I'm not sure, but I think someone who was already a member changed their name to Rigothamus! Idk who, though...

LUCKY. I'm going to have to retake it so that failing grade won't stay in my record, and affect my GPA. But now that I actually have a taste of what it's like, I might be more prepared. Hopefully, I get a good teacher.

I hope so too! <3

For me, grows more with each and every wangst scene. When you think about it, the FMV scenes (which are, basically, well, all of them), have Xion moping for whatever reason she should be mopey about at the time.

Uuuuuugh and those. =______=

Still, there's a lot more to be said about the game. However, I guess this can also tie into it.

You tell me everything that sucked about Days, and we'll see if it really does all come back to Xion! lol

Who's not even a Kairi, so again, it doesn't really fit the trio motif. At least, we can state that with Kairi, Naminé, and Aqua, everyone sees a female.

I think she's a Kairi. Her being Sora's clone doesn't really change much; her role as the girl in the trio and having Kairi's face makes her a Kairi.

RAD is more fan made too, as well. But I actually would love that simply for the fact that we are getting a different dynamic that has yet to be explored. There hasn't even truly been all girl friendships in KH, that are as a deep, or will go to the measures of the bond, that the guys have.

Y! R! P! In position! <333

...But they weren't KH OC's. :/

...*gets one*

I STILL LOVE YOU MORE ROXAS! >.<

He's a special breed of Sora XD

Okay. Still, it doesn't matter what they were arguing about. What matters is that it hinted for their appearance in BBS, cementing a previous friendship they had. Thus, making it have a reason to be there. Despite that it did came out from left field.

But still, that information HAD to come from a discussion about Xion. She HAD to be in every scene.

Truthfully, I take BBS and Coded more seriously. They are not filler to me. In fact, BBS could have been a main game with so many important mysteries waiting to be told, but it didn't because Sora isn't the main character. Hence, not a titled number.

I'm waiting til it comes out before I make that call for BbS XD but coded, I love. It's very interesting.

I'm alright with characters like that. It's not like I hate every dramatic thing. But like Xion, it grates on nerves, and it gets annoying when there's just too much. Not to mention that Sasuke did so many assholish things overall, and gets haxed and overpowered for the sake of being haxed and overpowered. As I said, I hate favoritism. And that's what happens when an author has a case of it.

Lol it's a Shounen manga, all the characters get superpowered. idk, I think that with Sasuke, we're meant to be able to choose for ourselves. Sympathise with him? Hate him? We are given many sides to the story to let our own values choose for ourselves. Not so with Xion. Pitypitypitypity...

Troll where? He doesn't strike me as one. But if it was trolling or spamming, it shouldn't be permanent. Unless it's his third time or something. But I guess we can have stuff prepared when he comes back.

LOL Audo loves being a troll, according to BM. He was arguing here on KHI, threatened to delete the KH database because Monkey was saying the layout that BM designed was ugly or something. So they banned him ^^;;;

Have faith. I'm sort of put off by Lea meeting Ven (you know why), considering that forgetting your memories has become Nomura's tool, or deus ex machina, to cover plot holes and his own ass. But again, BBS is at least ten years before the first game. Not slapped in between KH1, CoM, and KH2, where no mention of a Xion existence was ever mentioned or referred to. Even BBS was mentioned in KH2 from the very beginning. More so with Xehanort.

And that's why, when (Audo, I think?) said that Ven is just as unnanounced and unmentioned and random as Xion, though he's technically right, Xion was put in my organisation, but Ven's just with a whole bunch of other new characters. So, they can't make characters I already like suck. HOPEFULLY ;___;

That's why I can accept that retcon more so than what occurred in 358/2 Days, that changed everything we knew of into Xion centered crap. I cannot forgive what they did to Deep Dive.

Yeah! This! DEEP DIVE >://////

I haven't ran into one of those. Mostly because I try my best to ignore them when there's an OC character told in the summary.

Haha, by the time I got into KH fandom, I'd learned that. But waaay back... six years back, in my Inuyasha fandom days.... I used to read heaps and heaps of badfic. I slowly learned the difference as I got older and wiser! lol Fruits Basket fandom is terrible for Mary Sues. 'a new member of the zodiac appears! and kyo and yuki and everyone fight for her affections!' pffft.

I'd figured you'd be ;P.

Haha, if I had the option, I'd change my member thingy to '*TwilightNight*'s Saix' XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Rigothamus said:
Though I have my misgivings about Kairi, I feel that bringing Xion was just an un-necessary and not so subtle way of pushing SoKai down our throats.

Uuuugh, that's another reason. RokuNami already saddened me... like, Roxas was forced to live as a copy of Sora, even in girlfriends. RokuXion is even worse, because that's before Namine messed with his head.

Aaaand, I found a very good article about Mary Sues! Just for you to use if people ever try to tell you that you don't know what one is, darlings~

150 Years of Mary Sue, by Pat Pflieger
[presented at the American Culture Association conference, March 31, 1999, San Diego, CA]

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ah, so Rigothamus was Azrael XD

Anyone else REALLY hoping that Aqua doesn't suck as hard as Xion? *pleasepleaseplease*

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
8298906 said:
lol Vexen and Namine are Xions momy and daddy

Poor parents.

Yeah. I hope that Aqua won't be a Sue. I kinda panicked when I saw that scene with Aqua clutcing her charm and looking sad because she reminded me of Xion.

The main thing is how the other characters in the game interact with Aqua. If she is this central force that every plot has to come back to, if all the characters love her for no reason and do anything for her, then I'll be disappointed.

But characters can just be... sad xD

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
Poor parents.

The main thing is how the other characters in the game interact with Aqua. If she is this central force that every plot has to come back to, if all the characters love her for no reason and do anything for her, then I'll be disappointed.

You have a point.
Roxas and axel just suddenly liked Xion.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Reply will come soon ^^.

Exactly. Not everyone who cries has to be known as a Sue, even though with Xion it was standard. And Aqua has a reason to do so, by that point. We don't see her moping around, days passing by with whining about the same thing, but not knowing doing anything of help, etc. Well, not yet, anyway.

We're just gonna have to see. Well, just in case, you guys are gonna have to see. NO SPOILERS for me, or I'm going to have to keep away from the clubs.

luna1017 said:

Roxas, yeah. With Axel, it only took probably about 2-3 days of ice cream eating, which more or less rested on the fact that Axel was obviously peeved at someone taking his place in his absence. That face still remains priceless, btw. And with Riku, I think it took the second meeting after he was an asshole, right? Meh.

fantasy08

This club amuses the hell out of me.I make a point to visit this one whenever I mosey on down here. However, I don't think I can join because I like Xion. Or I think I do. Hmm. I mean she had a good chuck of character development. Plus she did it all in one game. However, there are some things that annoy me about her insertion into Days.

Roxas game you say Nomura. Really? You sure, because I saw something quite different. Why did the entire plot, even after her death, revolve around her? Why were mostly all the secret reports, dialogue, even between the head hochos in the org, roxas diary entries etc about her if this was indeed his game? He was more like a side character in this, and if he( the so called main character) was actually a side character then the rest of the org were wallpaper. Which brings me to my next point.

Not only was this supposed to be Roxas's game, but an organization game as well. Roxas/Axel screen-time revolved around Xion. The rest of the freaking 11 characters barely showed up. What happened to the character development that they so desperately needed? Of course Nomura gave a bunch to Axel, but that was eye-rolling expected since he's been d*ck-riding him for a while. However, Nomura claimed that Xigbar is supposed to be important to BBS and people think Xenmas is Terra and yet the character development for both is basically none-existent. Of course Saix got a bit of screen-time because who was he being mean to. That's right Xion. Who was in almost every scene he was in. Axel.

Why make 13 characters if only two, plus one that came out of nowhere, were the only ones that were going to get any thing resembling character development? What about the other apprentices, Diz, these oh so important, mysterious rooms that were said in the vein of a passing afterthought etc. So sure she had character development, but it was a double-edged sword for me. On one side she's now a character, and thus she needs development. She got that. So that's a plus. However, on the other side it was at the expense of other established characters. Xion took their development and ate it. Didn't even leave a crumb.

Pointless- So she made Roxas learn duel-wielding. Who seriously cared? I just thought he could because of Sora. That would have been a perfect explanation. I mean he is his nobody.
She's a replica. So the whole plot was just a more in-dept Re:Com?! A whole plot, and character development wasted on another replica storyline. Which became even more pointless when just like Com everything went back to ground zero.
Xigbar knew Ven? Of course he did because he actually alluded to knowing other wielders himself in Kh2. We didn't need Xion for that. We didn't need Xion in Days period.

Faux Action Girl- She showed promise when she took down that darkside, and then again when she destroyed that heartless in argabrah ,but between those times and the end nothing. She got a beat down from every fight she was in. Girl Sora? Please. Keyblade wielder my ass. Sora is a god-mode sue. Xion wasn't even half that, and don't get me started on the fainting. I mean I know it was a story reason why she did,but please explain to me why she fainted way more times then Roxas did. He also didn't have the pretty bishies all over him when he did either. She was more like a damsel in distress then an action girl.

Sympathy Sue- From beginning, middle, and end her story felt like a deliberate trauma congo line. It's like Nomura thought well I know some of the fanbase will be pissed about this (asspull) 14th member so let's make her story real sad to pull at their heartstrings. Then they'll like her and forgive me! He won and loss with me. Sure I felt sorry for her. Mostly at her death and the beautiful piece that was playing through it,but I would have felt more genuine emotion throughout the game instead of annoyance if her whole story didn't feel like it was screaming feel sorry for me NOW combined with all the other things that bothered me about her. If done right a trauma conga line can turn characters into woobies. However, if done wrong you get sympathy sues like Xion.

Marysue- Not only did this 14th member of organization 13 come out of oblivion she just had to look like Kairi didn't she.What number are we on now? While wielding a key-blade,and being instant BFF to the two most popular bishie org members. Then she has a forced takeover sob story to boot. Why does this sound like a fan-fiction character?

Hmm, how odd my annoyance list is longer than what I like about her. Uh Oh....:lol:

Oh OT. I see the thread starter has gotten banned. How is it even possible to get banned on this site? Seriously. I mean I've seen things fly on this site that others wouldn't even allow period. So it just seems to me to be pretty hard to get thrown off.

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You have a point.

Mmmmhm. She pulls out her speshul Keyblade and suddenly she's Roxas' bff. A few ice creams later and she's Axel's bff. A few faintings later and she's Riku's bff. We seeing a pattern here...

*TwilightNight* said:
Exactly. Not everyone who cries has to be known as a Sue, even though with Xion it was standard. And Aqua has a reason to do so, by that point. We don't see her moping around, days passing by with whining about the same thing, but not knowing doing anything of help, etc. Well, not yet, anyway.

I'm not going to say stuff about Aqua since we don't know what she's like yet, but jeez. Please, please don't be another Xion. Rise above ;___;

We're just gonna have to see. Well, just in case, you guys are gonna have to see. NO SPOILERS for me, or I'm going to have to keep away from the clubs.

I'll keep that in mind! Looking forward to your reply~

fantasy08 said:
This club amuses the hell out of me.I make a point to visit this one whenever I mosey on down here.

I think this thread is hilarious. So many loltastic comics... and our tags crack me up, too. The whole concept of a club dedicated to a character is a bit of light-hearted fun anyway, and we make full use of it~

I mean she had a good chuck of character development. Plus she did it all in one game. However, there are some things that annoy me about her insertion into Days.

Hmm. I don't think she had much character development at all, in that she didn't really learn or change, as far as I can see. She had a lot of screentime, and a lot of character interaction, but she didn't really develop.

Roxas game you say Nomura. Really? You sure, because I saw something quite different. Why did the entire plot, even after her death, revolve around her? Why were mostly all the secret reports, dialogue, even between the head hochos in the org, roxas diary entries etc about her if this was indeed his game? He was more like a side character in this, and if he( the so called main character) was actually a side character then the rest of the org were wallpaper. Which brings me to my next point.

fantasy08: 1, Xion lovers: 0

Not only was this supposed to be Roxas's game, but an organization game as well. Roxas barely got screen-time that didn't revolve around Xion, Axel either, and the rest of the freaking 11 characters barely showed up as well. What happened to the character development that they so desperately needed? Of course Nomura gave a bunch to Axel, but that was eye-rolling expected since he's been d*ck-riding him for a while. However, Nomura claimed that Xigbar is supposed to be important to BBS and people think Xenmas is Terra and yet the character development for both is basically none-existent. Of course Saix got a bit of screen-time because who was he being mean to. That's right Xion. Who was in almost every scene he was in. Axel.

fantasy08: 2, Xion lovers: 0

On one side she's now a character, and thus she needs development. She got that. So that's a plus. However, on the other side it was at the expense of other established characters. Xion took their development and ate it. Didn't even leave a crumb.

But, what development? Cause screentime and development are different things. She took their screentime, and erased all chances for their development, not even leaving a crumb.

Pointless- So she made Roxas learn duel-wielding. Who seriously cared? I just thought he could because of Sora. That would have been a perfect explanation. I mean he is his nobody.
She's a replica. So the whole plot was just a more in-dept Re:Com?! A whole plot, and character development wasted on another replica storyline. Which became even more pointless when just like Com everything went back to ground zero.
Xigbar knew Ven? Of course he did because he actually alluded to knowing other wielders himself in Kh2. We didn't need Xion for that. We didn't need Xion in Days period.

fantasy08: 3, Xion lovers: 0

Faux Action Girl- She showed promise when she took down that darkside, and then again when she destroyed that heartless in argabrah ,but between those times and the end nothing. She got a beat down from every fight she was in. Girl Sora? Please. Keyblade wielder my ass. Sora is a god-mode sue. Xion wasn't even half that, and don't get me started on the fainting. I mean I know it was a story reason why she did,but please explain to me why she fainted way more times then Roxas did. He also didn't have the pretty bishies all over him when he did either. She was more like a damsel in distress then an action girl.

fantasy08: 4, Xion lovers: 0

SERIOUSLY. Fainting into bishie arms is an overused plot device :/

Sympathy Sue- From beginning, middle, and end her story felt like a deliberate trauma congo line. It's like Nomura thought well I know some of the fanbase will be pissed about this (asspull) 14th member so let's make her story real sad to pull at their heartstrings. Then they'll like her and forgive me! He won and loss with me. Sure I felt sorry for her. Mostly at her death and the beautiful piece that was playing through it,but I would have felt more genuine emotion throughout the game instead of annoyance if her whole story didn't feel like it was screaming feel sorry for me NOW combined with all the other things that bothered me about her. If done right a trauma conga line can turn characters into woobies. However, if done wrong you get sympathy sues like Xion.

fantasy08: 5, Xion lovers: 0

I didn't feel sorry for her at all. The music is a tribute to Shimomura's talent, not anything to do with Xion as a character. I was never able to see her as anything but a Mary Sue placeholder for little girls, so how can I feel sorry for a non-character? Especially when it's shoved down my throat.

Marysue- Not only did this 14th member of organization 13 come out of oblivion she just had to look like Kairi didn't she.What number or we on now? While wielding a key-blade,and being instant BFF to the two most popular bishie org members. Then she has a forced takeover sob story to boot. Why does this sound like a fan-fiction character?

Don't forget her little fling with Riku! That's three popular bishies. She sounds like something from the pits of ff.net because those are the characters little girls wish they could be. =___=

Hmm, how odd my annoyance list is longer than what I like about her. Uh Oh....:lol:

You wanna join? <3?

Oh OT. I see the thread starter has gotten banned. How is it even possible to get banned on this site? Seriously. I mean I've seen things fly on this site that others wouldn't even allow period. So it just seems to me to be pretty hard to get thrown off.

Audo was arguing here on KHI, threatened to delete the KH database because Monkey was saying the layout that BM designed was ugly or something. So they banned him... it'okay, cause he really only opened the thread to give me a place to rant ^^;

fantasy08

Mmmmhm. She pulls out her speshul Keyblade and suddenly she's Roxas' bff. A few ice creams later and she's Axel's bff. A few faintings later and she's Riku's bff. We seeing a pattern here...

This I found so weird and unrealistic. First mission out with her, I think, and they become BFF.I'm like whut? Then Axel comes back from CO, and few days later bam she takes her sue hood off for him for cozy BFFness. Then the real w.t.f moment came for me with Riku. Last time she saw him she was lying on the ground screaming like a donkey from the ass-kicking he gave her. The next time he's rubbing her bangs while she has another sympathy sue nightmare. Then she wakes up in his arms and is like wanna be my BFF? It's like the beat down didn't happen.

I'm not going to say stuff about Aqua since we don't know what she's like yet, but jeez. Please, please don't be another Xion. Rise above ;___;

So far I'm seeing good things. She's has her on scenario that's just as important as Ven and Terra's. She's a keyblade wielder in her own right. Not fake or borrowed. Really is a female, and an adult one at that. A reprieve from the teens. No damsel in distress tendencies have surfaced yet. However, I also thought good things from Xion before the game came out. Then she turned into a monopolizing damsel/sue plot device with gender issues.Please Aqua be better like I know you can!

I think this thread is hilarious. So many loltastic comics... and our tags crack me up, too. The whole concept of a club dedicated to a character is a bit of light-hearted fun anyway, and we make full use of it~

I love reading the replies here and the tags. Except for the one that said Xion was as ugly as Saix and Kairi. Saix and Kairi. I was a really sad panda at that lol. I peek in this club more often then I do the fanclubs I belong to.

Hmm I love going to a club that hates on a character I keep telling myself I like.

Hmm. I don't think she had much character development at all, in that she didn't really learn or change, as far as I can see. She had a lot of screentime, and a lot of character interaction, but she didn't really develop.

Maybe character development was the wrong term then. Her point was to garner sympathy, and she did that well. I feel for it even knowing it for what it was. I see her, if not character development, I don't think sues even need that, sympathy suedom as a double edged sword. I felt sorry for her at points, mostly the end, but it annoyed me that she took over everything when she shouldn't have.

But, what development? Cause screentime and development are different things.
I'm beginning to see that lol.

I didn't feel sorry for her at all. The music is a tribute to Shimomura's talent, not anything to do with Xion as a character. I was never able to see her as anything but a Mary Sue placeholder for little girls, so how can I feel sorry for a non-character? Especially when it's shoved down my throat.

Her death was sad,and it wasn't just the music. It just added to the already sad atmosphere. Roxas killed his best-friend. Sue she might be, among other things, but she was Roxas's best friend and I like him, and he cried. I fell for her tragic pointlessness I admitted that,but I also wasn't blind to her faults. I might have felt sad at her death but everything else annoyed me, and bringing out a little emotion isn't going to erase that.

You wanna join? <3?
I might as well. I dislike more things about her than I like. You're good goldpanner. You're good.:lol:

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This I found so weird and unrealistic. First mission out with her, I think, and they become BFF.I'm like whut? Then Axel comes back from CO, and few days later bam she takes her sue hood off for him for cozy BFFness. Then the real w.t.f moment came for me with Riku. Last time she saw him she was lying on the ground screaming like a donkey from the ass-kicking he gave her. The next time he's rubbing her bangs while she has another sympathy sue nightmare. Then she wakes up in his arms and is like wanna be my BFF? It's like the beat down didn't happen.

I don't think it was the first mission, cause she had at least one mission of useless fireball shooting before she showed her face, but in any case, as soon as she has her keyblade (14th member... female... and has a keyblade? :/) they are instant bff.

The Riku thing was pure fanservice. You know, there were these Inuyasha games out ages ago, in which you could play a Never Before Seen Character that hung out with all the main characters of the series, and could even just waltz in have romantic scenes with them, DESPITE the huge backstories those characters already had with other characters.

Pure fanservice; a character designed to be a placeholder, a proxy through which the player could project themself. Xion.

So far I'm seeing good things. She's has her on scenario that's just as important as Ven and Terra's. She's a keyblade wielder in her own right. Not fake or borrowed. Really is a female, and an adult one at that. A reprieve from the teens. No damsel in distress tendencies have surfaced yet. However, I also thought good things from Xion before the game came out. Then she turned into a monopolizing damsel/sue plot device with gender issues.Please Aqua be better like I know you can!

People are going to call her a Mary Sue, too. People who think that 'mary sue' means kick-ass, loveable female. That can't be avoided. The important thing is that she passes the test of critical thinkers.

I love reading the replies here and the tags. Except for the one that said Xion was as ugly as Saix and Kairi. Saix and Kairi. I was a really sad panda at that lol. I peek in this club more often then I do the fanclubs I belong to.

Aw come on, Kairi isn't that ugly either. Xion isn't really ugly, just boring.

Hmm I love going to a club that hates on a character I keep telling myself I like.

;D

Maybe character development was the wrong term then. Her point was to garner sympathy, and she did that well. I feel for it even knowing it for what it was. I see her, if not character development, I don't think sues even need that, sympathy suedom as a double edged sword. I felt sorry for her at points, mostly the end, but it annoyed me that she took over everything when she shouldn't have.

So, she was a 100% sue rather than a half-assed one? XD And you hit the nail on the head: Sues DON'T need character development. In Xion's case, it is because her personality fits whatever the plot calls for; she's a plot device. Therefore, her core character has no need to learn or change.

Her death was sad,and it wasn't just the music. It just added to the already sad atmosphere. Roxas killed his best-friend. Sue she might be, among other things, but she was Roxas's best friend and I like him, and he cried. I fell for her tragic pointlessness I admitted that,but I also wasn't blind to her faults. I might have felt sad at her death but everything else annoyed me, and bringing out a little emotion isn't going to erase that.

Ah, see, I cried the first time I saw her death. It had nothing to do with Xion; I love Roxas, and seeing him cry made me sad, too. Affected by the character you do like, which has a side effect of making you react to Xion.

I might as well. I dislike more things about her than I like. You're good goldpanner. You're good.:lol:

haha, we should have little Saix plushies to give out! He is our official mascot, after all xD;

+*~welcome, fantasy08~*+

fantasy08

People are going to call her a Mary Sue, too. People who think that 'mary sue' means kick-ass, loveable female. That can't be avoided. The important thing is that she passes the test of critical thinkers.

I .... I think I might call her one myself partially. God help me lol! I just saw the new trailer. It was wonderful until I saw Aqua in one of the cgi scenes, in the middle I think, put her hand to her chest, and look up to the heavens. My sue red-lights started going off. I mean that's like the typical cliche for a (sue)female character. Along with holding both their hands in front of them like they're praying. It's annoying as hell and I was hoping Aqua, seeing as how her personality is different from the female characters that usually are prone to such eye-rolling stereotypes, wouldn't do that. Oh god Aqua No!!!!! Okay *calms down* she's allowed that one lapse. I won't let Nomura take this one from me!:lol:

Aw come on, Kairi isn't that ugly either. Xion isn't really ugly, just boring.

I wasn't calling Kairi ugly. As a matter of fact I find her and all her lookalikes very pretty. I just didn't bold her name because I don't like her as a character so I really don't care what people call her. I bolded Saix because one of the tags said that Xion was ugly as him. He is not ugly!:cry::lol:

Ah, see, I cried the first time I saw her death. It had nothing to do with Xion; I love Roxas, and seeing him cry made me sad, too. Affected by the character you do like, which has a side effect of making you react to Xion.

Yes, that was probably it. Roxas being sad combined with that cry me a river music... Or maybe I was really sad for both of them. *Runs!*

haha, we should have little Saix plushies to give out! He is our official mascot, after all xD;
Yes, this sounds like a perfect idea lol.:36:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
fantasy08, welcome. You don't really have to talk about Xion that negatively, either. But discuss and agree with the bad points of what made the overall character "meh" or dislikeable, and what made 358/2 Days bad, if you have any gripes with it. Like I do. And Nomura. Oh, Nomura.

Basically, this is my rant sanctuary xD.

Coded pretty much is a Xion of a game.

While I don't agree, yet, the analogy caught my eye. And I considered that it might be amusing to some to put it here.

This is from the Episode 7 spoilers of coded thread.

Don't be so negative D:. She can't be any worse or pointless than Xion was. And so far, I don't think she is. An action girl does not make a Sue, or else, every one of them turns out to be so automatically. Nor is being sexy or whatnot make a Sue either (if the actual characters in-game aren't frothing over her). In fact, I would actually like for someone to point me at a female game character who's not evil, whose the lack of good looks isn't part of the story, and is still ugly.

Precisely.

Besides, Aqua has actual plot importance to the overall series, if she does survive, that is. And who knows if she would even if she did die.

Hopefully, since I already have my favorite female KH antagonist with Larxene, I can have Aqua as the favorite heroine to balance such great women. My Yin and Yang. The whole series can be taken over by them for all I care, because, technically, that's all we need for female kickassness.

Naminé as an angel hovers around them, of course :3.

I actually think Ventus has more of a chance to become a "Xion" than Aqua does, actually, despite being my sexy Roxas eye candy. Along with maybe or not going the Forgotten Memories Deus ex machina route of Nomura's when he needs to justify his ass pulls WTFness. But his lack of not being just a plot device without any usefulness in the long run so I don't feel my time is wasted saves him. At least.

Saix_Avatar_by_MayMalfoy.gif
?

That's pretty much what I think. Kairi bores me a little, but she doesn't offend me.

Doesn't offend me either, which is why I'm more positive about her.

But I wouldn't care if she lived or died yet.

I thought so ♥

ohyou.

I'm not sure, but I think someone who was already a member changed their name to Rigothamus! Idk who, though...

You figured it out, lol. Azrael, and he's banned too?

I hope so too! <3

Uuuuuugh and those. =______=

You see, I usually don't mind those wangst scenes. Roxas's didn't bother me, because we really didn't spend so much time in his thought process, if at all, considering that was solved with his therapy sessions with Naminé. And things happening to him weren't as grueling, and he didn't overreact. When he did overreact, it was basically his aggressive temperamental self. Which isn't exactly "pity me".

Riku Replica falls on this very heavily, but he honestly had the worst fate out of the two clones. It just wasn't forced on me.

You tell me everything that sucked about Days, and we'll see if it really does all come back to Xion! lol

:31:

I think she's a Kairi. Her being Sora's clone doesn't really change much; her role as the girl in the trio and having Kairi's face makes her a Kairi.

You've got a point. I guess there's no arguing that. But I wish it was just kept as it was in KH2, with Axel only mentioning Roxas as his best friend. Naminé can serve as the stand-off Kairi who's more on her own.

Y! R! P! In position! <333

...But they weren't KH OC's. :/

And their friendship wasn't covered in KH. That was pretty much in their own proper FF game.

How saddening.

However, Lea and Isa might shed some hope just yet, despite that their friendship doesn't exactly end well either.

He's a special breed of Sora XD

:love:

Indeeeeed.

But still, that information HAD to come from a discussion about Xion. She HAD to be in every scene.

You're messing with my brain so much, it's warping xD.

I'm waiting til it comes out before I make that call for BbS XD but coded, I love. It's very interesting.

Yeah, well, according to new spoilers, it wasn't. For some reason, however, I just don't believe that could be the last episode. There are still scenes we saw in the trailer that weren't reached, so this can't exactly be the end so abruptly. And with a cliffhanger to boot. Do you know how Before Crisis worked, which was also on mobile? The Turks' game, I mean.

What Days should've been, but I digress. All Nomura did was character design, so it didn't get his convoluted ideas in.

Lol it's a Shounen manga, all the characters get superpowered. idk, I think that with Sasuke, we're meant to be able to choose for ourselves. Sympathise with him? Hate him? We are given many sides to the story to let our own values choose for ourselves. Not so with Xion. Pitypitypitypity...

All of them are overly powered, but for some reason, Sasuke and his Sharingan get special treatment all the time. I'm not an avid fan of Naruto, so it doesn't bother me that badly. But I see the blatant favoritism. However, I can at least accept what you stated. It goes back to hating Roxas because of the flaws he actually has, rather than his perfection.

LOL Audo loves being a troll, according to BM. He was arguing here on KHI, threatened to delete the KH database because Monkey was saying the layout that BM designed was ugly or something. So they banned him ^^;;;

WOW. That's completely new to me. I've never seen him act as a troll before, let alone think of him possible of it. He always seemed well versed?

And that's why, when (Audo, I think?) said that Ven is just as unnanounced and unmentioned and random as Xion, though he's technically right, Xion was put in my organisation, but Ven's just with a whole bunch of other new characters. So, they can't make characters I already like suck. HOPEFULLY ;___;

All of the BBS characters were not announced or mentioned, but it's at least ten years into the past, and that's a long time enough to explain what happened to them. In fact, the only one who has to be given conclusion is Aqua, since she seems to be the survivor (and the one who's sane) amongst Ventus being suicidal and Terra turning evil. There's also how Xehanort's past was like or if he knew anyone other than the Apprentices. Ever since KH1, really, Xehanort's origins were left a mystery. This has nothing to do with Sora at the present and his goals yet, despite being build-up subtly along the background.

Xion was a red alert for the mere fact that she appeared on a time frame where a character should have and would have mentioned her if she was there. Especially if she was so important despite the fact that her character never existed in the first place and KH2 was made without her just perfectly.

Yeah! This! DEEP DIVE >://////

Yes, it gets me to rage. You don't need to feed it, just thinking about it makes my blood boil. Here I am, believing I would finally get some badassness that isn't full of angst. I'm all pumped because Roxas is the walking Mr. Cool, and has his two Keyblades, kicking some real Heartless ass in the rain. The music is starting to get faster, and you get to the point where he finally sees Riku. He does his awesome running up the skyscraper, he's about to throw the Keyblade, he does, Riku catches it..

Then memories of Xion and her face shoved into my eyes.

Okay, that can be brushed off. Because, despite that it was unneeded, her death is what for some reason got Roxas to dual wield and that's the shitty explanation Nomura chose to go with. Nothing's completely ruined yet. The epic real battle is about to start now, after all, and him and Riku are kicking ass together. Memories of Xion get in the way again, but those are of her fading, and whoever sees it, can either be sad, or really, really, happy that she's going to be damn gone soon from everyone's memories.

OH SHIT. We finally get to fight Riku.

Ended up being lackluster, but it's alright. I fought him. This is when he supposedly turns into Ansem Heartless too, and finally, we got something for Roxas to concentrate on by himself.

Then out of nowhere some harped, female voice comes out into all the sexy testosterone -

"Riku!"

Aw, FUCK.

It's freaking ridiculous that Nomura can write this off as Xion being the reason why Riku stopped Roxas. Why? Because, naturally, Riku was already in the world waiting for Roxas to have tea and cookies time while Diz appeared on cue as if this was planned from the beginning 8D.

Oh, no, but it was Xion. Hell, she probably planned all this from the beginning! "Yoooo, Riku, while you come to Memory Skyscraper, and wait for Roxas, tell that bandaged guy to get ready while you knock Roxas unconscious because I said to stop him. Kthanxbai."

This was so much a PHAILED excuse to have her there, that it wasn't even funny. Can people even buy this? In all seriousness? Yes, they can.

Thus, how humanity flunks logic and bullshit.

Haha, by the time I got into KH fandom, I'd learned that. But waaay back... six years back, in my Inuyasha fandom days.... I used to read heaps and heaps of badfic. I slowly learned the difference as I got older and wiser! lol Fruits Basket fandom is terrible for Mary Sues. 'a new member of the zodiac appears! and kyo and yuki and everyone fight for her affections!' pffft.

The reason why I know of 14th member Sue fanfiction is because of summaries, more or less. However, there were actual characters called Xion or Xeon. Which was kind of laughable to me, that someone thought of that name before the actual canon. Years ago.

Haha, if I had the option, I'd change my member thingy to '*TwilightNight*'s Saix' XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I wouldn't mind, if you'd want to. I like Saïx, and I found that not falling for Xion's drama shit was the most smartest thing he's ever acted upon.

Uuuugh, that's another reason. RokuNami already saddened me... like, Roxas was forced to live as a copy of Sora, even in girlfriends. RokuXion is even worse, because that's before Namine messed with his head.

To be fair, you might as well call Axel "The Riku" to the Sora if you're talking about copied motifs. Naminé, other than the times she spent with Axel in the novels, had her own path that did not fully involve or centered on the other two. So she gets a pass in that regard for being an individual.

Roxas/Xion, on the other hand, is outright disturbing. I can make a titled Roxion video with the song I Touch Myself (link), and it stars literally Roxas and Sora. Except I wouldn't be wrong. "Her" being a clone of Sora is even only one complication, considering we don't know what the hell is under all those false appearances. And it probably has nothing at all.

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
What's wrong with looking emo? Zexion looks emo. Thing is, he's not. But you see Xion sulking and being a Sue in her room. My best friend came over to my place yesterday and she brought Days. Then we were watching the cutscene where Xion falls of the clock tower. I was disappointed when Roxas caught her :( same with when I first saw that scene when I was playing. Except I screamed when I saw it on my DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back