• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends With You Solo Remix Finally Returns to the App Store

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

snow_flake40

Awards
Re: The World Ends with You

A re-release with extra content? Yeah, I'd be up for that. Kind of like Devil Survivor Overclock, then? More enemies, an extra chapter, fully voice-acted cutscenes, the whole shebang. Devil Survivor is doing it for the 3DS, probably for the extra memory. If they did a re-release of TWEWY, would you want it on DS or 3DS?

Although I wouldn't mind a sequel, either. No idea what kind of plot they would use, though. They'd probably have to use different characters and have it set elsewhere, which would make me sad. I love all the characters in TWEWY.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

A re-release with extra content? Yeah, I'd be up for that. Kind of like Devil Survivor Overclock, then? More enemies, an extra chapter, fully voice-acted cutscenes, the whole shebang. Devil Survivor is doing it for the 3DS, probably for the extra memory. If they did a re-release of TWEWY, would you want it on DS or 3DS?
3DS I guess, because the DS is gonna die out sooner or later.

Although I wouldn't mind a sequel, either. No idea what kind of plot they would use, though. They'd probably have to use different characters and have it set elsewhere, which would make me sad. I love all the characters in TWEWY.
I loved them too. It'd be interesting to see it set up in a different area of the world though.

Dyed Red

This is exactly what I meant. I guess it could be for both, though, I'm pretty sure they'd only put it on 3DS. And yeah, I guess everyone's right, a sequel couldn't really "ruin" anything. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they mention that there were multiple other areas where the Reapers Game took place?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

This is exactly what I meant. I guess it could be for both, though, I'm pretty sure they'd only put it on 3DS. And yeah, I guess everyone's right, a sequel couldn't really "ruin" anything. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they mention that there were multiple other areas where the Reapers Game took place?
I'm pretty sure the Reapers Game was all around the world.

Dyed Red

I'm pretty sure the Reapers Game was all around the world.
So then it could just be relocated. But I don't know how the plot could be, they can't pull of something similar to what they did the first time around...

CA59

How would a sequel ruin the game? If the sequel sucked, just don't play it and only play the original. It won't ruin anything.

You don't understand. The original was good enough, and the series (in general) doesn't need to be ruined. If the sequel sucks, it leaves a bad image on the series.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

How do I not understand? A sequel, even if it's absolute shit, does not ruin a good game.
If anything a sequel could give the original better publicity and give it a chance to reach new players. If there were a sequel, and it were terrible... pretend it didn't happen and keep playing the original.
I loved that game a lot, it was one of the most fun games I've played; a sequel to TWEWY would not change how much you love and enjoy the original.

CA59

How would it give it better publicity? Upon playing the (possibly crappy) sequel, some people would think the whole franchise sucks. You could just pretend it didn't happen and play the original, but you shouldn't have to. Look what happened with KH2.

Gram

Banned
Awards

sadly outside this forum kh2 is regarded as many's favorite game so far -_-

O

Oberon

How would it give it better publicity? Upon playing the (possibly crappy) sequel, some people would think the whole franchise sucks. You could just pretend it didn't happen and play the original, but you shouldn't have to. Look what happened with KH2.

A crappy sequel doesn't make the original crappy in any way. If people think that, they're p much ignorant gamers. Besides, I really doubt a sequel to this game would be bad (unless they add some totally broken mechanic that ruins all elements of gameplay). The original was fantastic and SE is wonderful with games at least most of the time.

State

Awards

If you don't want the original to suck, then treat it as a standalone title, no biggie. :V I, for one, would like a sequel "Final Fantasy" style. It uses the past game's mechanics but is centered in a completely different place, has some extra mechanics and has some easter eggs appearances from the predecessor.

CA59

A crappy sequel doesn't make the original crappy in any way. If people think that, they're p much ignorant gamers. Besides, I really doubt a sequel to this game would be bad (unless they add some totally broken mechanic that ruins all elements of gameplay). The original was fantastic and SE is wonderful with games at least most of the time.

It doesn't make the original game itself crappy, but it can bring down the franchise in general. It's fine the way it is.

So, I do not want a sequel.

Dyed Red

If you don't want the original to suck, then treat it as a standalone title, no biggie. :V I, for one, would like a sequel "Final Fantasy" style. It uses the past game's mechanics but is centered in a completely different place, has some extra mechanics and has some easter eggs appearances from the predecessor.
This sounds pretty interesting. I dunno though. Honestly, I'd be fine with a re-release of the original with extras >.>

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

For instance, people who never got the chance to even see the original game, would see the sequel and learn about the franchise. That happens, SO OFTEN.

Also, a sequel would most likely go this route:

the chances of the main cast going through the Reaper's game again is COMPLETELY unlikely.
At most, like Seraph said... there would be Easter eggs from the original.

I really don't see how it could possibly ruin the game series.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I thought this game was awesome. Although I think that the two-screen battles were slightly confusing. They should have made multiplayer were one player could control Neku and the other could control one of Neku's allies.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

It doesn't make the original game itself crappy, but it can bring down the franchise in general. It's fine the way it is.

So, I do not want a sequel.

I still don't understand this way of thinking. FFXIII didn't make people look back and say, "now I think about it FFX was totally disappointing too". The bonk outta here.

State

Awards

I find it hard to imagine Neku going through the Reapers' Game again (for the fifth time ((or for the fifth, sixth, seventh, and/or even eight time))).

That aside, an excellent easter egg would be Neku walking around with a girl (that girl being the TRUE Shiki).

vivi_07

I'm pretty sure the people of square enix are creative enough to continue on the story of TWEWY. And if it's not as good as the first game oh well thats your idea of the game. But some harcore fans of the game will think they were both amazing. I personally love all the KH games and that's including chain of memories, which most of my friends didn't like. :p So I am looking forward to a new story or continuation?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

I personally love all the KH games and that's including chain of memories, which most of my friends didn't like. :p So I am looking forward to a new story or continuation?
Except not many people actually criticise Chain of Memories. How you feel about Days, on the other hand, is a much better indicator.

Izayoi

galactic cancer

Except not many people actually criticise Chain of Memories. How you feel about Days, on the other hand, is a much better indicator.

If by criticize you mean oust for having cards in it, then yes they do.

(Also Neku going through a fourth game isn''t unheard of, due to all the hints)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back