• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Voices of Terra and Aqua

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Another Key

Wait, why does everybody say the dub voices suck? Is it because I skipped all the japanese cutscenes on my bbs, so I dont know if Aqua's voice is better in japanese? Cause I did watch Blank Points, the opening scenes, and BBS Volume Two Trailer, and both sound alright, (I myself am inclined to think that her jap voice is better, but I think its just psychological because before I found out that everybody hated it, I didnt really think it was that bad). As for Terra, yah I can tell who's better. Its japanese. But English isnt horrible.

Anyway, this sucks, because now, whenever I watch a cutscene in English, I think oooh, this sucks Aqua's voice is better in Japanese.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
the way i see it,people here complain about things that i never thought were bad
this site is a virus,once they get an idea inside your head,you'll really think that a particular something is bad in the game,when in the end it's all a matter of opinion

i think the voices are all good,my only problem was MX but i got used to it and now i love him!~

Last edited:

Crystal

Silver Member
I think the voices for both of them were good.
But if it use to compare, I really prefer their Japanese voice. Normal talking for both of them in NA version are nice but when it comes to battle, their fighting's sound were kind of weird.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
the way i see it,people here complain about things that i never thought were bad
this site is a virus,once they get an idea inside your head,you'll really think that a particular something is bad in the game,when in the end it's all a matter of opinion

i think the voices are all good,my only problem was MX but i got used to it and now i love him!~

-cocks an eyebrow knowingly-

Fascinating.

Awards

This is actually true. You'll notice, interestingly, that the general consensus for certain things in the series sways depending on what forum you're on. Or even comparing fans who have never visited KH forums to the ones that do. It's what I've noticed, anyway.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

Really? His voice work was the one I loved the most, plus Eraqus...cuz ya know...epic Hamill and Nimoy is epic.

I didn't have a problem with Aqua's VA at all. Terra's VA is what got me cringing at moments. Some spots he'd be great! Than the next he chops a line like it's a bean-stock. It was hit and miss but I liked the VAing in the game. The scripting and writing however were...not so great.

This is actually true. You'll notice, interestingly, that the general consensus for certain things in the series sways depending on what forum you're on. Or even comparing fans who have never visited KH forums to the ones that do. It's what I've noticed, anyway.

truth.

Mr. Crowley

Banned
I thought Terra's VA did terrible on some parts and excellent on other parts. I really think that if he had someone help him with delivery, he could be great. I'm not so sure he'll get the chance though. I didn't have a problem with Aqua's VA at all.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I was very happy with everybody except Aqua. Aqua was very fitting, but at moments she should've had a little more emotion. Very noticeable moments were in Final Episode and Aqua was getting choked. She basically just kinda pronounced the lines like she was reading.

αsiя

space coke
Aqua and Terra were opposite for me. Terra's voice didn't fit his image or how he looked, but he had some sort of emotion in the voice to the very least. Aqua on the other hand, was the complete opposite. Her voice matched her image but she was so boring to listen to, no emotion. Everything I heard from her was either no emotion or fake emotion.

Terra was okay, Aqua was shit.

Oran

Awards
I don't or ever really hated their voices I mean Terra's isn't bad but he sounds like a completely regular guy of the streets and Aqua's I like to think that she is meant to come off as a really calm person because thats what she sounds like.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
What's amusing is that my younger brother, whom hasn't heard any of the Japanese voices AT ALL, says that Aqua's English voice sounds strange.

Goodness gracious, even my 14 year-old bro agrees that Aqua's voice sounds bad, and he didn't even have to listen to the Japanese original to make inferences.

We were both hoping for Aqua to sound more strong and solid in her voice. IDK, there's just something about Willa Holland's voice that just doesn't seem to fit Aqua's personality. We were hoping that Aqua would have more of that Xena-the-Warrior-Princess type voice. Willa's voice has this strange raspiness and airiness to it that seems to fit more of a...say, 1920s flapper, than a Keyblade warrior.

Terra's English VA is alright, though. It's exactly how I expected Terra's voice to sound like.

kingudamu

Website
sora-no-haatsu.deviantart.com
it took me forever to become used to willa's voice... she killed the supposed tomboyish persona of aqua i had hoped for. but she has a kinda cute "moe" type voice (blame the "fall down the stairs and steal the glass show" scene for that xD) that saved her....(still utterly dissapointed though...T^T)

dohring, on the other hand- i couldn't stand him until post eraqus death....he just sounds so dead for most of the game....it's like "jason ding dong dohring- ding dong ding dong! wake up dammit and act! ><"... i dont care if Ryotaro is almost twice's terra's "supposed" age of 17-20- JP>ENG for terra please >,>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back