• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Willow A113

Awards
Counter-counter argument: While I agree it would be a good move, I'd argue a lot of the madrigals don't have what it takes to be party members. Most of their powers (healing through consumption of food, superior hearing, impersonation of others) are non-combative by nature and would make them more liabilities in a fight. Though super strength and chlorokinesis could work as effective tools against the heartless.
That's a good point. Not all of them need to or should be party members. Still, plenty would work. I feel like Camilo would still work, they could change his powers to be able to turn into animals, that'd be fun. If not he could turn into a tall body builder; although that'd be pointless because Luisa exists.

Soldier

Awards
That's a good point. Not all of them need to or should be party members. Still, plenty would work. I feel like Camilo would still work, they could change his powers to be able to turn into animals, that'd be fun. If not he could turn into a tall body builder; although that'd be pointless because Luisa exists.
Maybe Camilo would be better suited for infiltration of the enemy ranks. His shapeshifting abilities are very powerful, and he could do some interesting things with him. If Mal and Pete are the main instigators of the conflict, he could easily transform into Mal and ask Pete what he's doing there. If Pete explains that he's there to cause chaos to the Madrigals, Camilo (as Maleficent) could tell him to stop with that task and leave the world. Could be great for comedic scenes in the world if done right, I'm thinking of it like what Pan did before fighting Hook in KH 1.

Chie

Awards
thats literally the only thing anyone says about khux

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Not sure if this qualifies, but I do like how Kairi's small redemption arc towards Re:Mind's close out.

Kingdom Heart's (OG) world design is bested by KH3's by a mile with the exception of "End of The World", admitedly personal biases can't overcome that sense of verticality when descending and ascending that world along with the parts where you can infinitely glide.

Chie

Awards
days is the best game in the series because its mechanics and structure are extremely thematically coherent, which is more important than whether something is "fun" or not

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
days is the best game in the series because its mechanics and structure are extremely thematically coherent, which is more important than whether something is "fun" or not
Well that's a good one because I hate it. To me gameplay is always first and foremost the important thing in a video game and Days was underwhelming.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is it unpopular to believe KH3 looks ugly on purpose to make the shift to Quadratum's hyper-realistic art direction more dramatic?

Like...KH3 is very pretty but it is also ugly.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Well that's a good one because I hate it. To me gameplay is always first and foremost the important thing in a video game and Days was underwhelming.
Days was fun, difficult but fun, it felt like if say KH1 had come out a few years earlier on a N64, or PS1.

Perkilator

Awards
“Kingdom Hearts is too convoluted.”

I’m going to be blunt. While this statement is true in some aspects, I feel like people tend to exaggerate it because playing the series in release order helps alleviate some of the confusion.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Since the whole game is basically a Disney-fied Final Fantasy, I wouldn’t be surprised if the light in Kingdom Hearts turns out to be a crystal, if not THE crystal. It’s an overused trope but Final Fantasy did “found” it.

I am so tired of Roxas and Xion now. They finally have their happy ending and became real people. Yay. The end. Does Nomura really need to drag them along for the ride in Lea and Isa’s search for Subject X?

None of the newer movies post-2015 are appealing enough to be added into the series. Not only are most of them financial flops, but they’re so…boring, not to mention it’s going to be a lot of executive finagling like what they did with Arendelle.

Back