• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Alyson Stoner's casting as Kairi is fine. Not ideal, but she's an acceptable soundalike and I can understand why SE got tired of Hayden turning them down even if they were mostly offering bit parts.
I think Alyson is really good as Kairi, honestly. She has a higher pitched voice than Hayden, but it fits.

AegisXIII

Awards
I think Alyson is really good as Kairi, honestly. She has a higher pitched voice than Hayden, but it fits.
I agree. She did a great job in Melody of Memory. The voice sounds more mature, which is what we want from the character.

D

Deleted member 246005

We don't even know the village around the islands. It might be time we learn about it.
Destiny Islands feels like a weaker hub compared to Twilight Town, Land of Departure and Daybreak Town.

Defining it more is overdue but better late than never.
If it's 1.5 hours, it can focus on all three of them. I don't think the 4-6-year-old stories matter so much that they'd have split it into multiple movies.

It would work as a flashback for Kairi. She always felt like an afterthought but never grew out of it. So it's a way to flesh her more.

It's useful in a KH1 remake because her role in that game is too limited to expand on. It's not the only option as you could give her adventures in Sora's subconscious or she becomes a playable character after her return.

I don't mind giving Sora and Riku material before KH1. I rather do it closer to the game like exploring their middle school years as their childhood is more explored.

Last edited by a moderator:

magic713

Awards
Not sure if this is unpopular, but I think Zexion should have been the major villain of R/R. I like the idea that both leading figures of the two opposing factions of Castle Oblivion were taken out by the respective heroes. Also, the final fight to take place in the Entrance Hall of the first floor, as it would feel fitting. Defeating the last obstacle standing between the player and the exit of the castle (and end of the game)

Guernsey

Awards
Yeah but Ansem still needed to be dealt with in Riku's story. I wish it were that way too but Ansem is Riku's rival in CoM.

NoWay

Awards
Hot take: I’m doing a Level 1 run on KH3’s critical mode and I suppose that’s how a souls like game feels like?

I mean, I get killed by nearly everybody.

On a normal run, I have always liked how many heartless and nobodies spawned during battles but on a Lv 1 run it’s really complicated to handle such a massive amount of enemies. I was killed many times by enemies I couldn’t see on the camera.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Paopu fruits should be heart shaped.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is the worst movie to be adapted for Kingdom Hearts.
Let me counter with my own hot take: how good or bad a movie is doesn't matter. KH3 barely even bothered with AWE's plot. It was basically an excuse for Sora to do AC: Black Flag stuff for a few hours before smacking Davey Jones around. And yeah, the movie was a bit of a mess (they were still writing the script as they filming it. It shows!)

I think Phantom Menace should've been the first SW to adapt with its variety of locations (Naboo alone is 1 of the diverse planets in that galaxy), and Maul better fits KH's faster paced gameplay.

Cars 2 would work the best as the Cars world because it had actually combat in it. And that is an utter dogshit pile of a film!

On the flipside of this equation is I just can't see Encanto working. The world is too small, at least by KH3 standards, even with the big individual rooms of the house. Bruno's "room" is the only one that works at such a scale. The village isn't all the big either. And conflict is just a private family squabble, something that Sora has bo business sticking his nose in.

Willow A113

Awards
On the flipside of this equation is I just can't see Encanto working. The world is too small, at least by KH3 standards, even with the big individual rooms of the house. Bruno's "room" is the only one that works at such a scale. The village isn't all the big either. And conflict is just a private family squabble, something that Sora has bo business sticking his nose in.
Counter argument: It could take place after the film and have conflicts Sora would be better suited for (like heartless showing up). Every family member would be a unique and amazing party member to fight with, the character interactions would be so fun, and the majority of madrigals didn't have their rooms shown, meaning the house could be much bigger and more fun than the movie shown. The village could have sides of it that were a mystery, there could be so many secrets that could make it a bigger and more exciting place. And we all know Yoko will do an incredible job with the music. In conclusion, I think Encanto would be a great world to include in Kingdom Hearts.

D

Deleted member 246005

Someone mentioned getting rid of Roxas and Namine years ago.

I'd tweak it and just make them look and sound like Sora and Kairi. Its more like how Variants are used in the Multiverse of Madness movie.

Roxas being Sora's nobody is a cool idea but it's not explored that well and doesn't age that well as a twist.

So simplifying it would've been better. I don't mind cutting Sora completely and letting Roxas be a seperate character.

But for Sora fans, this is another option and it solve some of kh2's issues.

purgatory

Awards
+Anti-form getting redacted and then called "Rage Form", why?
+Balloonga was uncontested, the strongest move in DDD as silly as it is.
+Most of kingdom hearts fanbase can be accredited to the "macaroni Muriel" meme from Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Zackarix

Awards
The Chain of Memories platinum trophy isn't one of the hardest in the series, it's actually one of the easiest.

Why? Because it's gated behind persistence, not challenge.

With most other games in the series you need to do things like beat secret bosses, which requires that you learn how to do so. But CoM doesn't have that kind of bonus challenge. So if you're capable of beating the main game and R/R you're capable of getting the plat as long as you have the patience to keep chipping away at it. And while it's a bit grindy it's far from the worst grind I've seen in gaming.

Last edited:

AleMustDie

Awards
The Chain of Memories platinum trophy isn't one of the hardest in the series, it's actually one of the easiest.

Why? Because it's gated behind persistence, not challenge.

With most other games in the series you need to do things like beat secret bosses, which requires that you learn how to do so. But CoM doesn't have that kind of bonus challenge. So if capable of beating the main game and R/R you're capable of getting the plat as long as you have the patience to keep chipping away at it. And while it's a bit grindy it's far from the worst grand I've seen in gaming.
I have to agree, got it on PS4 but still need to do on PS3...
The only thing I hate is the Level 99 Trophy with Sora and Riku, and also the RNG... but probably the easiest Platinum for KH Series. ( Did not play MoM yet)

By the way:
Saix is one of the worst XIII Limit Cut Bosses

WaltK

Awards
By the way:
Saix is one of the worst XIII Limit Cut Bosses
Is there a general fan consensus as to which of the Limit Cut bosses is the worst?

My personal candidates for that one go to Master Xehanort (insanely hard), and Luxord (tedious and annoying).

Speaking of: Xion is actually really easy once you've memorised her attack pattern. I had trouble on my first few attempts, but I've long since gone back and refaced her just for fun and won multiple times.

Soldier

Awards
Certainly didn't stop him from helping Simba with Scar and the hyenas in KH 2 or the BS plot that is Arendelle (which itself IS a family squabble). Or how about him interjecting himself with Ariel and helping her disobey her father in KH 1.
Honestly, I'm not surprised Nomura made a spin off where most of the worlds involve SDG being inserted into private family squabbles by this point.
Counter argument: It could take place after the film and have conflicts Sora would be better suited for (like heartless showing up). Every family member would be a unique and amazing party member to fight with, the character interactions would be so fun, and the majority of madrigals didn't have their rooms shown, meaning the house could be much bigger and more fun than the movie shown. The village could have sides of it that were a mystery, there could be so many secrets that could make it a bigger and more exciting place. And we all know Yoko will do an incredible job with the music. In conclusion, I think Encanto would be a great world to include in Kingdom Hearts.
Counter-counter argument: While I agree it would be a good move, I'd argue a lot of the madrigals don't have what it takes to be party members. Most of their powers (healing through consumption of food, superior hearing, impersonation of others) are non-combative by nature and would make them more liabilities in a fight. Though super strength and chlorokinesis could work as effective tools against the heartless.

Back