• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The possibility of further Kingdom Hearts announcements at TGS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

belleaurora

So I know everyone is hyped for some long-awatied new info regarding Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. I'm sure there's also a few of us looking forward to some FFXIII-2 and Type-0 info too (and some who are wishfully hoping for some BBS: Volume 2 info :p)

Given that the tenth anniversary of the original Kingdom Hearts is upon us soon, do you guys think that there is any potential for an announcement regarding the PS2 collection re-release of Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Re:Com and Kingdom Hearts II for PS3 to commerorate the milestone. I know that Square-Enix is currently really busy with Dream Drop Distance, three Final Fantasy titles and a load of other stuff including BBS volume II, but it's no secret Nomura has expressed potential interest in investing in this project.

It would be great to relive these games on the PS3 (or to experience CoM on the big screen for the first time for us Australians and Europeans).

I know that the floor plan makes no mention to a Kingdom Hearts re-release, Birth by Sleep Volume II or the Kingdom Hearts 10th anniversary, but what do you all think? :)

k99y77

Awards
well it would be nice to know if BBSFM's secret ending is a game or not an HD collection would be great too with or without the final mixes.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
it's quite possible.But maybe E3 would be a more suitable place to announce it,for a bigger impact.
AND there's a chance that the collection might be going to the 360 too,considering that Japan is not a huge market for Microsoft then definitely E3 is the better option.(also if this happens,and believe me IT WILL happen because it's Sqaure we're talking about;then KH3 is going to be multiplatform.)

noheartx

If anything besides DDD is announced at TGS, its most likely going to be KHVita. Not that there is one, but the only other thingi can see being announced is BBSV2 for the Vita, since Vita is being hyped right now.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I think SE will remaster the games eventually. They seem to love remaking a lot of their Final Fantasy game (though those games are extremely old). I remember someone saying they are expressing interest in HD remasters for the game, but I don't recall when that was...

The truth of the matter is that when they do get remastered, I'm doubtful that Final Mix content will be on it. I mean, to me it is at 50-50. Part of me believes that since those scenes never reached US audiences besides through Youtube and other videos that they will put it in, but this wouldn't be the first time SE has made something a Japan-exclusive <_<

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Umm....no final mix? NO. They should have the final mix extras.

THIS

and seriously they could be working on a billion games but a quick and dirty port that will bring them easy $$$ is not something they would say no to. seriously guys ports are NOT THAT BIG A DEAL to game companies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
THIS

and seriously they could be working on a billion games but a quick and dirty port that will bring them easy $$$ is not something they would say no to. seriously guys ports are NOT THAT BIG A DEAL to game companies.

A quick and dirty port will not be what an HD collection would be. It takes some time to convert three or four games to 720p/1080p quality. Also they would probably have to tweak any bugs in the game and redo the subtitles because there are many errors in those as well. They'd also add something to the HD collection to make it worth the buy in order to further celebrate the 10th birthday, if they decide on an HD collection.

Nomura has been dancing on the idea of a collection for awhile so I really doubt this is "not a big deal".

theFUwonderer

A quick and dirty port will not be what an HD collection would be. It takes some time to convert three or four games to 720p/1080p quality. Also they would probably have to tweak any bugs in the game and redo the subtitles because there are many errors in those as well. They'd also add something to the HD collection to make it worth the buy in order to further celebrate the 10th birthday, if they decide on an HD collection.

Nomura has been dancing on the idea of a collection for awhile so I really doubt this is "not a big deal".

It can't take longer or as long as making an actual full game. Im sure it takes time but not nearly as much as a full entry to a franchise

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It can't take longer or as long as making an actual full game. Im sure it takes time but not nearly as much as a full entry to a franchise

I didn't say it was going to take as long as making an entirely new game. I said it wasn't going to just be a simple "here are some games on a blu-ray disk with piss poor quality. have fun kids!" port which was what Angel was implying. They are going to give it some attention so it can be a good 10th anniversary gift to the fans if that is what they plan to do.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
well after the trailer im hoping for sor some confirmation on what the heck bbsvm2 is? game movie dlc????whatever
then if a comet hits the white house they can announce tha kh is in development

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Mmm, imagine a KH1 with no fishy faces. That would be a dream come true. XD

I agree with you completely.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
well after the trailer im hoping for sor some confirmation on what the heck bbsvm2 is? game movie dlc????whatever
then if a comet hits the white house they can announce tha kh is in development

What is "bbsvm2"? Birth by Sleep Versus Marvel II? Oh awesome!

Narukami

&#7435;&#618;&#628;&#610;&#7448;&#618;&#628; &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
What is "bbsvm2"? Birth by Sleep Versus Marvel II? Oh awesome!

kingdomheartsbirthbysleepfacial04.jpg

vs.

1-16.jpeg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Fishy faces are annoying. Fishy fun was...fishy. "finny finny fun~" no.

Also, Pony-Man would win against Vanitas and Master Spockanort.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
OH GOD, KH2 Atlantica makes me face-palm harder than anything else in KH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back