• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Possibility of Expanding to Other Franchises

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should Kingdom Hearts expand to other Square Enix video games?

• No. Kingdom Hearts should stick to its roots.

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • For sure, the possibility of new characters is intriguing.

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • The World Ends with You is a great game, and I think that this should be a one time exception.

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I agree with the notion but I've always felt that certain late additions beg the question of why they had not been encountered before. Kind of how Zack appears in BBS but is never seen again. Then again, there is supposed to be many worlds out there so it's plausible to think there was never any reason to visit non-Disney and non-original worlds. However, they might have the same problems as that of Disney worlds where they are loosely related to the plot and we come back at the same point we are now.

It's assumed that Sephiroth killed Zack, which would make sense as to why Cloud was there in KH 1.

Kamichamadude

but adding in Vincent Valentine would be a nice touch, it would would bea surprise butit would be expected in a way since he's FF. (ive always wanted VV to be in KH but maybe he's too dark/ irrelevant of a character....then again KH is about light and dark so y the bonk not)

Idk if this is just assumption but isn't KH1 cloud basically Cloud + Vincent?
I mean I can't see them putting him in because people might get confused?
Same cloak, same claw...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
It's assumed that Sephiroth killed Zack, which would make sense as to why Cloud was there in KH 1.

Assumptions aren't necessarily facts unless proven true. Not to mention that Cloud in KH1 was searching for Aerith, so it seems doubtful he was there simply because Zack was there before him. Unless something was added/changed in FM+, there is no relation between the both of them being at Olympus Coliseum at different points in time.

I might be wrong though because I can't remember whether it was Aerith whom he was looking for in KH1, but that's besides the point I was trying to make.

Edit: I see what you mean better now (i blame the fact that it's almost midnight) but there is no hint given that Cloud was looking for Sephiroth to battle him because he might've killed Zack.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Idk if this is just assumption but isn't KH1 cloud basically Cloud + Vincent?
I mean I can't see them putting him in because people might get confused?
Same cloak, same claw...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nah, we've known for years that KH1 Cloud was based after Vincent.

Fun fact: Rikku was originally intended to be included in KH1, but was replaced with Yuffie. Instead, they opted to use Rikku's KH1 design for our young ninja friend, but she was still included in KH2 (albeit in pixie form) due to popular demand.

Kamichamadude

Nah, we've known for years that KH1 Cloud was based after Vincent.

Fun fact: Rikku was originally intended to be included in KH1, but was replaced with Yuffie. Instead, they opted to use Rikku's KH1 design for our young ninja friend, but she was still included in KH2 (albeit in pixie form) due to popular demand.

Yeah I've seen the concept art :D

N E WAY....

Yes they should expand, but no marvel and they should keep it with FF and its spin-offs, or nomurian style games to keep the same feel.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
when it comes down to it they shouldn't expand too much into other square titles... like I can understand DDD involving Neku in some way because TWEWY was on the DS, and then KH1 had charactors from FF's 10, 8, and 7... then in KH2 they had 6,7,8,9, and 10-2... And BBS had elements of Crisis Core, Zack, and the black feather cutscene at the end. I say they should stick to that range, but one thing I wouldn't stand to see would be backtracking beyond FF6... because I would be appaled to find out that onion knight is probably gonna have a Cameo in DDD because FF3 was rerelased for the DS

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I would love to see Cecil show up in this game. He could teach Riku a few things about light and darkness.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
I'm already thrown off with the idea of Neku appearing for KH3D because I really wasn't expecting that/saw it coming. I thought we'd just get another new FF character, especially ones that fans have been demanding for a long time such as Rinoa or Vincent Valentine or whatever. But I guess I'll be okay with more new characters appearing, but only after the Xehanort Saga, because I think this saga already has enough characters. Just like what Blank_Points said, no more than one non-FF series should be added per KH entry.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
They never said there won't be a Final Fantasy character in KH3D. Stop acting like we already know everything about this game.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
They never said there won't be a Final Fantasy character in KH3D. Stop acting like we already know everything about this game.

i heavily agree, it seems like everyone already knows what the whole dream world thing is and all the characters and everything when in reality we know almost nothing.

Tsuna

TWEWY is only in the game because it was made by the Kingdom Hearts team (with Jupiter, who are the people that made CoM).

Plus Nomura was one of the major people involved in creating TWEWY.

So while it's not impossible, I don't think other SE games will be in it (but who knows).

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
In the past I would've been against this. But while they haven't used everything yet, it isn't like there's an infinite amount of Disney/FF material to be used (especially Disney, since they use so much of it). I'd much rather have them include other characters like this once in a while to basically stall for more to be created than ending up with a game that includes worlds/characters the creator himself didn't really want in it (things like that usually don't end well) or that doesn't quite feel right among the rest in the game. TWEWY fits for me, plain and simple, and there might be others left.

Oh and to whoever said Cecil should appear to teach Riku about Light and Darkness, I'd rep you so hard if we could still do that.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
I like what a lot of you guys have been saying about this. I think that I was a bit over-zealous in my analysis of the repurcussions of allowing Neku to become a KH cameo, and I think Square can really use this to their advantage.

But, personally, I think I'll have to wait until I see how they handle Neku. The introduction of noise is rather interesting (of course, it's pivotal to the world he's from), and I'm anxious to see how they use that. The noise is almost a fifth element here (we've got heartless, nobodies, unversed, these "sleep eaters" or whatever they're called), and I just don't want the Kingdom Hearts world to become riddled with all of these competing forces.

Also, I like the idea of more creativity as opposed to reusing the same old Disney worlds, because honestly, one 358/2's major faults (at least as far as I'm concerned) was its lack of new material.

tl;dr: I just want Kingdom Hearts to stay creative, without getting bogged down.

riku's_artist7

Bronze Member
Awards
Damn how cool would it be if they included shibuya in DDD,although probably unlikely,id love for the game to expand more on neku though since they are making him a cameo in DDD.

I would also love cecil too be in DDD...sickkkkk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back