• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Travis Willingham. His voice is deep enough.

Is it weird that this is the first thing that came to my mind when you said Travis Willingham?

[video=youtube;j4dMQ7m9oQ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4dMQ7m9oQ0&feature=related[/video]

50/50 between Crispin Freeman, and Troy Baker.

Isn't Troy Baker the one who did Snow in FFXIII? He'd be good too - I can picture Terra with his voice.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Is it weird that this is the first thing that came to my mind when you said Travis Willingham?

[video=youtube;j4dMQ7m9oQ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4dMQ7m9oQ0&feature=related[/video]

Yes. Yes indeed. Why? Because THIS is a much more memorable Travis Willingham moment. ;D

[video=youtube;pW3bREIGw94]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW3bREIGw94[/video]

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Yes. Yes indeed. Why? Because THIS is a much more memorable Travis Willingham moment. ;D

You know those moments when you laugh so hard there's no sound coming out and you feel like you're going to die of suffocation? This is one of those moments. And I laugh harder because I can actually picture Terra saying it. |'DDDD

Key

Exile
Awards

You know those moments when you laugh so hard there's no sound coming out and you feel like you're going to die of suffocation? This is one of those moments. And I laugh harder because I can actually picture Terra saying it. |'DDDD

OH MY GOSH i think i laughed too hard too. that was TOO good.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I love Travis. He is amazing. I wish I was part of his Miniskirt Army...sadly I'm a Ranger. And I have no clue why I joined. Vic smells like coffee.....mmmm....I want another hug... What? I don't even know. I'm soooooo tiiiiiired. (pretend rep (I kinda miss that on here) to whoever spots out the reference)

But Travis + Terra = -me dying in a puddle of fangirlness- Mind you, I don't fangirl often.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Someone was saying Mark couldn't speak in a deeper voice. I mentioned the role he did in Yakuza, saying that he could utilize that tone with the Luke Skywalker voice and he'd be a-okay.

Okay, now, thinking that Mark Hamill can't do a deeper voice is just silly. XD; Though if that was the point, I'd probably go with the Wolverine clip on Youtube instead. ;)

And I'm still not sure what kind of tone you hear in it that you think is appropriate for Terra - I can hardly imagine what that voice would sound like if it was divorced from the punk nature of the character speaking. Even the depth of the voice felt like it was chosen to convey that feeling, instead of just being a deeper-sounding voice. =/

Just out of curiosity if you guys could pick any actor at all to do the voice of Terra, any VA or otherwise - other than the ones already on the cast list for BBS -, who would you pick?

I'm not really sure who I'd pick, but I'd prefer to avoid the standard industry VAs completely. =/ Western animation is too highly geared towards caricature to produce a good Terra, and anime VAs often tend to come across as equally-ridiculous (with the Roy Mustang scenes above being the perfect example of what I find problematic).

I'd actually like to see recommendations for Terra's VA from live action television and movies, because while I don't really know all too many actors of that sort, I think that kind of actor would be much less inclined to create a unique and memorable voice for Terra at the expense of his believability.

Last edited:

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

^ Oh I think you mean my vlog, Gil. If so, I was referring to the short trailer with MX's dialogue (aka a sort of sample of Leonard Nimoy as MX)

Xion_Z_Forgotten

.......now i shall make Terra voicedub that XD my fave line ever!

I have a dream, That one day, Vic, will voice in kh. Sadly it hasen't come true yet D: i actually think he could've been Vanitas at one point, matched them up then almost instantly dismissed it...

ispoiledmyself

Well, there are 30 year old girls who voice 5 year old boys and most people seem to take it naturally. (and yes, I'm certain that's what they're going to get for Sora and Riku)
Age doesn't matter when it comes to voice actors. As long as they can give the right voice it doesn't matter what age they are.

yes thats true. tara strong (voice of rikku from ffx and ffx-2) voice acted for baby tommy pickles from rugrats. i wanted to also say that i don't think willa isnt a super bad choice for aqua, i think she MIGHT pull through, but its not the best choice either. i mean i dont ever recall willa having a voice acting role in her entire career =/

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

yes thats true. tara strong (voice of rikku from ffx and ffx-2) voice acted for baby tommy pickles from rugrats. i wanted to also say that i don't think willa isnt a super bad choice for aqua, i think she MIGHT pull through, but its not the best choice either. i mean i dont ever recall willa having a voice acting role in her entire career =/

Yeah but then again neither did Jesse McCartney but he did fine as Roxas. I wouldn't be worried. Like I said, it's called voice ACTING for a reason so just because they act a certain way in one show/video/game doesn't mean they'll act that way in BBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back