• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sonickenshin

Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Well, yeah, I know that. =P I'm not trying to say that he isn't a great voice actor with lots of range.

What I am trying to say is that, as far as I can tell based on his IMDB page, the vast majority of his experience is with characters who are both somewhat larger-than-life and limited to the type of emotions the audience is comfortable with, Luke Skywalker included. I'm not quite convinced that's entirely applicable to Terra, whose emotional distress is supposed to be painful to the us as the audience.

And, actually, my problem isn't so much that I'm afraid Hamill can't do it, as that I'm afraid of what the casting director thinks Terra should be, if they decided to choose a VA with that type of experience, as opposed to someone with experience playing a troubled young adult/older teen.

Not exactly. The connotations inherent in those words are miles apart, and would lead to massively-divergent acting interpretations. =/

Saying that Terra's actions were mostly motivated by temptation implies that Terra actually found the darkness appealing somehow, but feels guilty for allowing that part of himself to get its way.

That's going to sound way different from Terra breaking because all his attempts to not be a monster wind up failing so horribly.
We won't know unless he tries. From what I remember from the Nomura interview, they did look for a person who had a combination of a resonant and dry voice. And since Mark Hamill is somewhere in between, yeah. But, yeah, wait and see. He's doing what Ryotaro did whe he was playing Terra, breaking out of the type. And he was known for doing stoic characters and all things similar. And, since Terra is none of those things...yeah.

If Mark Hamill is Terra, I'm looking forward to it. That's the most "out there, but unlimited potential" choice out there, and I can't wait to see what he does with the character.

The resonant being Xehanort (Akio Otsuka, Richard Epcar) and dry being Master Xehanort (Chikao Otsuka, Leonard Nimoy)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

We won't know unless he tries. From what I remember from the Nomura interview, they did look for a person who had a combination of a resonant and dry voice. And since Mark Hamill is somewhere in between, yeah. But, yeah, wait and see. He's doing what Ryotaro did whe he was playing Terra, breaking out of the type. And he was known for doing stoic characters and all things similar. And, since Terra is none of those things...yeah.

If Mark Hamill is Terra, I'm looking forward to it. That's the most "out there, but unlimited potential" choice out there, and I can't wait to see what he does with the character.

The resonant being Xehanort (Akio Otsuka, Richard Epcar) and dry being Master Xehanort (Chikao Otsuka, Leonard Nimoy)

Well, nothing will top the father/son thing but I think with where mark is, he would definitely be in the middle.

asheron

where can I get those books? I must have them! I must!!!!!!!!!

I BELIEVE those were comics. To be honest. It was a series called "The Abyss" or something. It suprised me when mara mentioned it in Spectre of the Past of and because I'm prettttty sure it was a comic but obviously apart of the timeline. Sidious can conjure big force thunderstorms though so that is leet. If its a book I may have missed it i've read -alot- its a big turning point for luke. It changes him alot in the sense of he was an overconfident jedi

Key_of_Faith

I'm pretty sure Mark Hamill will voice Terra. His voice goes well with Terra. And also, if anyone noticed how SE named the VA in order: Mark Hamill, Willa Holland, Jesse McCartney, it's like: Terra, Aqua, Ven. Willa's voice is perfect for Aqua.

Silver warrior

thank's asheron!
The only thing i'm worried about is aquas voice and if Jesse McCartney can play ven diffrent that he played roxas because roxas is more calm and relax but Ven's is more outgoing hyperactive.

7_Arch_Angels

Wow, thanks! Exactly what I've been looking for!

Oh and I hope Jess would do better as Ven, cuz his "What's going on!?" as Roxas doesn't fit my ear.. I can't feel Roxas' rage that time... No offense though..

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Mark Hammil could easily be voicing vanitas also. That joker laugh opportunity for Vanitas shouldn't be passed up.

Sempied

Mark Hammil could easily be voicing vanitas also. That joker laugh opportunity for Vanitas shouldn't be passed up.
It's already been spoilerishly said numerous times that
HJO will be Vanitas,even if they haven't announced him. They announced Miyu Irino was Vanitas VA after the game came out.

Silverslide

I don't buy that Miyu Irino crap. Vanitas is a different character than Sora and has more bass in his voice, just because the VAs are the same in JP version doesn't mean the same for US. And isn't HJO in the middle of a movie right now?

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

I don't buy that Miyu Irino crap. Vanitas is a different character than Sora and has more bass in his voice, just because the VAs are the same in JP version doesn't mean the same for US.

It's not crap. It's actually incredibly important that HJO (unless Sora's been given a new VA) be Vanitas. It's symbolic.

Silverslide

There isn't a need for symbolism. Vanitas' face IS the symbolism.Besides looks, he has no other relation or connection to Sora. Vanitas has a closer relation to Ventus so if anything there should be a symbol to show Van & Vens connection. Even Miyu Irino had to change his voice in order to make vanitas have more bass in his voice. And I don't think HJO has that bass in his voice to do that. That is why I think Mark Hammil should be taken into teh consideration D: Besides, Jokers laugh for Vanitas plzzzz

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

There isn't a need for symbolism. Vanitas' face IS the symbolism.Besides looks, he has no other relation or connection to Sora. Vanitas has a closer relation to Ventus so if anything there should be a symbol to show Van & Vens connection. Even Miyu Irino had to change his voice in order to make vanitas have more bass in his voice. And I don't think HJO has that bass in his voice to do that. That is why I think Mark Hammil should be taken into teh consideration D: Besides, Jokers laugh for Vanitas plzzzz

Actually, Miyu didn't HAVE to change his voice; Nomura stated that Miyu WANTED to go with that voice, since he was really excited to voice a villain. And HJO's regular voice is a lot lower than KH2 Sora. ;D He's got the bass.

But I don't deny (in fact, it was my idea to begin with) that S-E should have Mark do the Vanitas laughs. ;D

αsiя

space coke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Nd3_mmyOU If you listen to Osment's normal voice you can easily tell that it's deeper than Sora's KH2 voice. I think he can pull of Vanitas pretty well. Also Vanitas' laugh is more boyish than Joker's.

The_Silent_Hero

For some strange reason, I've always pictured Yuri Lowenthal (Sauske in english dub Naruto) to voice Terra. Terra kinda has that Sauskue vibe

sonickenshin

Awards

For some strange reason, I've always pictured Yuri Lowenthal (Sauske in english dub Naruto) to voice Terra. Terra kinda has that Sauskue vibe
It's the hair, isn't it?

TheLight said:
I can't picture Mark Hamill's voice on Vanitas. It's a little too old for him, even if he were to try and sound young.

Silverslide

For the laugh! It is possible for a character to have a different laugh than his VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back