• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver warrior

Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

that's to bad because I was hoping for more than that.plus is just focus on xehanort voice opening for early critism

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

I believe it is June 15-17.
A lot of the trailers you've seen before come from E3. After E3, someone would post it on the internet.

Ya, it won't take that long for someone to post stuff from E3...just have patience Silver warrior.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Is it confirmed Nimoy is MX and Hamill is Eraqus?

We pretty much know Nimoy is MX seeing as how it was his unmistakable voice from the trailer, and he's

the only person who talks about the Keyblade War.

Hamill's role is still being debated. I see him as Terra. It's more likely considering the order of names in the press release.

Silver warrior

nimoy yes but I still don't know abut eraqus I'm so glad he's taking part in this the joker voice acting of him is legend.

Key

Exile
Awards

We pretty much know Nimoy is MX seeing as how it was his unmistakable voice from the trailer, and he's

the only person who talks about the Keyblade War.

Hamill's role is still being debated. I see him as Terra. It's more likely considering the order of names in the press release.

Yeah, since it goes TAV. I think it'd be a rude surprise if it turns out Terra's NOT voiced by Hamill XD

sorry i'm not good at english i'm from puerto rico.

That's odd, me too .______________.;

Last edited:

Silver warrior

Oh... sorry about that.

(Behold! These 25 characters are now needed... united with the comments of the users... as the great khinsider forum required!)

LOL is ok. your one of those spelling nazis right? I just write fast too so I mess up sometimes.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Did I ever say that an epic angry scream was the most important element of Terra? No, I did not.

I disagree; it's not Terra's vulnerability, rather it's his temptation. They're similar, admittedly, but really temptation is a little bit more in a negative manner. Because, honestly, there's more than one way to define either term and temptation is the more negative term, and is more along the lines of what goes on with Terra.

And either way, Luke was often quite spoken in RoTJ, particularly in the scenes involving Luke trying to cope with the fact that Vader is indeed his father. So really, if Terra's defining quality is his vulnerability, Mark can definitely handle that. And the scene I mentioned with the scream in RoTJ also showed Luke being incredibly tempted to destroy his own father.

Mark can definitely handle Terra. ^_^

Well, you did say that he'd be a perfect Terra because of it. =P

I can't agree with that, [i]especially[/i] in terms of what needs to be put into Terra's performance. Terra, as a character, is far more of a sympathetic figure than a cautionary one, and his voice should reflect that.

Terra's biggest motivation isn't the desire for the power that his darkness offers - it's his fear that he's some kind of monster because of the darkness in his heart. And [i]that's[/i] what I meant by vulnerability - Terra's horror at the consequences of his darkness, his need for validation that he [i]isn't[/i] a terrible person, and the underlying sense of hopelessness that leads him to clutch at whatever straws he can in his attempts to continue to be a good person.

And I can't say that much about Luke Skywalker since I've only seen the original trilogy once, but I will say that there's a lot more going on with Terra than the archetypical fight with the father part of the Hero's Journey.

Yeah, since it goes TAV. I think it'd be a rude surprise if it turns out Terra's NOT voiced by Hamill XD

I still think it'd be out of character for Disney's casting for Terra to have a more famous voice than Eraqus, though. Their modus operandi for everything is to get really distinctive voices for supporting characters (eg. Genie, Mufasa, Mushu, Ansem the Wise) and villains (Hades, Iago, Scar, Master Xehanort) while choosing less-familiar voices (if not less-familiar actors) for the protagonists themselves.

And I'd be much more worried about the result of a relative unknown playing Eraqus than one playing Terra. With Terra, it would probably just mean that whatever experience he had wasn't exactly mainstream - and I'd think there's actually some potential in choosing an actor for Terra from that kind of critic-bait drama (you know, the kind that's painful for normal people to watch because of all the emotional trauma). If Eraqus doesn't have a famous VA, though, they might saddle him with the standard Old Asian Martial Arts Master voice, and that would really bug me. =/

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Well, you did say that he'd be a perfect Terra because of it. =P

I can't agree with that, [I]especially[/I] in terms of what needs to be put into Terra's performance. Terra, as a character, is far more of a sympathetic figure than a cautionary one, and his voice should reflect that.

Terra's biggest motivation isn't the desire for the power that his darkness offers - it's his fear that he's some kind of monster because of the darkness in his heart. And [I]that's[/I] what I meant by vulnerability - Terra's horror at the consequences of his darkness, his need for validation that he [I]isn't[/I] a terrible person, and the underlying sense of hopelessness that leads him to clutch at whatever straws he can in his attempts to continue to be a good person.

And I can't say that much about Luke Skywalker since I've only seen the original trilogy once, but I will say that there's a lot more going on with Terra than the archetypical fight with the father part of the Hero's Journey.

I still think it'd be out of character for Disney's casting for Terra to have a more famous voice than Eraqus, though. Their modus operandi for everything is to get really distinctive voices for supporting characters (eg. Genie, Mufasa, Mushu, Ansem the Wise) and villains (Hades, Iago, Scar, Master Xehanort) while choosing less-familiar voices (if not less-familiar actors) for the protagonists themselves.

And I'd be much more worried about the result of a relative unknown playing Eraqus than one playing Terra. With Terra, it would probably just mean that whatever experience he had wasn't exactly mainstream - and I'd think there's actually some potential in choosing an actor for Terra from that kind of critic-bait drama (you know, the kind that's painful for normal people to watch because of all the emotional trauma). If Eraqus doesn't have a famous VA, though, they might saddle him with the standard Old Asian Martial Arts Master voice, and that would really bug me. =/

Yeah, but Mark isn't just going to act as Luke Skywalker while playing as Terra. Just like you don't see Nimoy trying to act like Spock as Xehanort. Again, Mark has voiced a ton of other voices even when the characters are younger than him and he's done great. He can handle voicing Terra.

DarMar106

you know who i think would be a good Terra? Michael Rosenbaum, aka Lex Luthor on Smallville and The Flash on Justice League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back