• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Monstropolis World storyline from what we know so far...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Oh thank god. I wonder if he is in alliance with Vanitas? Cause let's face it, how else would be have come back to the Monster world after what happened to him in the film?

I don't think Vanitas was seen or mentioned in this trailer or event, so no word on that.

And I think Randall is yet another thing that points to this following the movie plot.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I wonder if Randall wants to bring back the old ways of the company with the power of screams. He may even want the Unversed to help prove it. Vanitas in turn may agree to work with Randall in exchange for something.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Tasha Sounart confirmed that the world has an original story that takes place after the events of the movie.
I got Ninja'd. :p

But Alpha is right racooncity, the plotline for the Monster's Inc. world is taking place after the events of the movie and mentioned it is an original plot.
Monster's Inc. world following an original plot

Even Halloween Town from The Nightmare Before Christmas in both the first and second games largely had an original story with the former taking place before the events of the movie and the latter taking place after the film's events.

Also, I'm still perplexed to know why the majority of you are jumping the gun saying that this world is following the film's events when obviously Pixar had said (according to Nomura in an interview at D23 2017 regarding the Toy Story world) that the worlds based on their films need to have an original story that are exclusive to KH and fit somewhere within the film's timeline (e.g. Toy Box story taking place between the events of Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3), instead of retelling the film's plot with Sora, Donald and Goofy there. I would like to point out a few things here:

1. When Sulley and Mike Wazowski first met Boo (sans Costume), the former at the factory and the latter at the restaurant both of them were initially scared of her until they warm up to her once they reach their apartment

[video=youtube;CKsAhkVxd1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKsAhkVxd1A[/video]

2. Boo largely remained in her Monster Costume throughout the film until the film's climax where they try to trick Mr. Waternoose.

3. I doubt this is before the event's of the epilogue because Boo's door was shredded by the CDA so that she will never invade the Monster World again. It wasn't until by the end of the movie that Mike had to rebuild Boo's Door with Sulley putting in the missing piece that wasn't shredded and he was reunited with her, which is where the event's of the Monster's Inc. story in III will begin.

[video=youtube;92UI5bpG8oc?t=2m42s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92UI5bpG8oc?t=2m42s[/video]

In regards to Randall appearing I'm surprised and happy he's coming back. Whether he will work with Vanitas or working alone to steal Boo again remains to be seen. I'm just excited that the KHIII team and the Pixar team haven't forgotten about him.

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I got Ninja'd. :p

But Alpha is right racooncity, the plotline for the Monster's Inc. world is taking place after the events of the movie and mentioned it is an original plot.
Monster's Inc. world following an original plot

Even Halloween Town from The Nightmare Before Christmas in both the first and second games largely had an original story with the former taking place before the events of the movie and the latter taking place after the film's events.

Also, I'm still perplexed to know why the majority of you are jumping the gun saying that this world is following the film's events when obviously Pixar had said (according to Nomura in an interview at D23 2017 regarding the Toy Story world) that the worlds based on their films need to have an original story that are exclusive to KH and fit somewhere within the film's timeline (e.g. Toy Box story taking place between the events of Toy Story 2 and Toy Story 3), instead of retelling the film's plot with Sora, Donald and Goofy there. I would like to point out a few things here:

1. When Sulley and Mike Wozowski first met Boo (sans Costume), the former at the factory and the latter at the restaurant both of them were initially scared of her until they warm up to her once they reach their apartment

[video=youtube;CKsAhkVxd1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKsAhkVxd1A[/video]

2. Boo largely remained in her Monster Costume throughout the film until the film's climax where they try to trick Mr. Waternoose.

3. I doubt this is before the event's of the epilogue because Boo's door was shredded by the CDA so that she will never invade the Monster World again. It wasn't until by the end of the movie that Mike had to rebuild Boo's Door with Sulley putting in the missing piece that wasn't shredded and he was reunited with her, which is where the event's of the Monster's Inc. story in III will begin.
[video=youtube;92UI5bpG8oc?t=2m42s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92UI5bpG8oc?t=2m42s[/video]

In regards to Randall appearing I'm surprised and happy he's coming back. Whether he will work with Vanitas or working along to steal Boo again remains to be seen. I'm just excited that the KHIII team and the Pixar team haven't forgotten about him.

Well, they didn't forget about him because he was in Monster's University. It would be funny to see a Monster's University world in either another prequel game or UX.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Looks like we have a bit more context in regards to Vanitas goal. He wants the children's screams for something. Clever use of unversed I must say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back